PDA

View Full Version : stopped by my old job

JulieP
07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
was getting a vibration at highway speeds so i figured i'd just stop by my old shop. took them darn near 20 mins for one of them to notice me, some had walked by me several times. most of them just said that everything now made sense to them and were ok with it. one of the techs asked how i could walk in the heels (there just 3" heels). i told him that i have a gel insert to help. so after that the jeep still wasn't ready so i went to the nail place next door and got my nails done, the color matches my blouse.

hugs
Julie

TGMarla
07-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Amazing! But way cool.

Sarah Doepner
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I guess it could give new meaning to getting your front end aligned.:D

I doubt I'll ever go back to where I used to work. Not only do I not miss it or most of the people very much, but it was a very unforgiving and hostile place whenever gender issues came up.

Teri Jean
07-15-2009, 05:36 PM
That is so cool. I was thinking lately to give my exiting speech to the HR department and the guys I work with enfemme. That will be in a couple years so I have time.

Teri

Aubrey Green
07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Julie, the good stuff just keeps happening! That is good news, one anxiety down. Scratch that off the list. :daydreaming:

JulieP
07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
i'm gonna give a go at full time. the only time that i can't is when i visit my parents and even then i still will be in my own way. well i'll see how it goes, it may not last or it will be the begining of a long and happy life. either way either way i have to do it.

vikki2020
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, if the car needs fixing, it's good to go to people you know!Still, that's a bold step, good for you! That's something I'd love to try, but don't think it gonna happen any time soon. So, cause you went in as a woman, did they try to sell you an engine flush, and injector cleaning?:heehee:

Tracii G
07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
How utterly cool!!

juliannacd
07-16-2009, 12:53 AM
utterly cool and utterly fun I'm sure!

Cheshire Gummi
07-16-2009, 01:05 AM
You have more guts than I do. I applaud you! ^_^

...of course, I can't really go back to there because I worked in a call center at a lovely business which shall remain nameless because I have no class. For a hint, it wasn't Hickory Farms at all.

If I walked in there tomorrow, dressed as a guy, they'd throw me out. If I showed up dressed as a woman, I'd be laughed at and then thrown out.

Insert sausage joke here.

vivianann
07-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Congrats on your coming out to your former coworkers, that is awesome, I am glad it all worked out for you.

Teresa Ann
07-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Congrats Julie too bad about Kirby but it looks like you are having a tremendous week keep giving us great stories like these it is making my day thanks

Angie G
07-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Nice that they are ok with it Julie that makes it fun.:hugs:
Angie

"Mary"
07-16-2009, 01:50 PM
That's so cool. Good for you Julie.

Denise01
07-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Congratulations on your coming out to your former place of employment.

I will understand a lot of the feeling a week from to-morrow, as that is the day that Denise is planning on coming out full time as well.

Keep up the good work

Denise

:):):)