PDA

View Full Version : All Dressed Up and Somewhere to Go

Joni Marie Cruz
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Girls-

Well here I am in a bright red floral silk top and the nastiest, tightest pair of jeans I own. Excellent job of tucking if I do say so myself. The wife and I are going to go see Namoli Brennett, she's a tgirl and singer/songwriter, and just absolutely one of the nicest people I have ever met. I first got to see her live in Portland, OR about two years ago and even got to handle her equipment. No! Not like that, I helped her haul in her speakers and stuff. She's a sweetheart and very talented. She does all her own material and is a folky type, something I'm partial to.

Anyway, we are going out to dinner and then to see Namoli play. I've had a glass of wine, can you tell? Who wants a kiss? Oh, it's okay, my wife is right here beside me just rolling her eyes and giving me that look. You married girls know what I mean. Anyway, here's Namoli's website, if she's playing in your area sometime you should go and hear her play. http://www.namolibrennet.com/?mpf=frame&

Hugs...Joni Mari

Teri Jean
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
It sounds like you are going to have a great time and thanks for the link. Here is a kiss to you and a hug to your wife. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx oo lol

Have fun. Teri

Sarah Doepner
07-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes, enjoy and be sure to post a photo or two of your adventure.

RachelZ
07-15-2009, 10:06 PM
That must be so cool. I wish I had more musical friends who would let me guest roadie once in awhile.

Miranda09
07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
You're having too much fun Joni. A few of us should be there to keep you in check........:devil: wink...wink!!!!!:kiss:

April Renee
07-15-2009, 10:29 PM
I hope you had a good time at the show. She seems really cool. I love live music and I play the drums. I've never gotten to play while fully dressed, (bucket list!) but it would be cool to see an all Tgirl band. Not the twisted sister kind, but one that looked like the other 80s hair band boys. Poison, Cinderella etc...I remember those albums and how much they looked so fem AND how the gg's loved them..I'm still bitter!! At least that period was a good excuse to have naturally long hair.

In the mortal words of Robert Plant....
Been dazed and confused for so long its not true,
Wanted a woman never bargained for you.
Lottsa people talkin, few of them know...
Soul of a woman was created below!!

April Rene

Angie G
07-16-2009, 09:05 AM
She is good I know you'll enjoy it. And I'll take the kiss hun.:hugs:
Angie

Kristy 56
07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
You lucky girl, I hope you had fun.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi Girls-

Oh, I had so much fun last night. Namoli was fantastic, as she usually is. The place she played, Mr Spot's Chai House in Ballard, WA (don't ask me about the name, I have no idea, but it was nice) had food and drinks, so we ate there. The food was good, btw. Namoli only played for an hour, the last time I heard her play, in Portland, OR, she played for nearly 2-1/2 hours. This time they had her sandwiched between two other artists.

Mostly she played songs off her new CD and a couple of oldies. Personally, I just love her. I love her voice and her skills as a musician and a songwriter. Maybe this doesn't mean a whole lot, but it meant something to me. She recognized me when she walked in, and came over and greeted me and hugged me, even though it had been over a year since I had seen her and when she signed the newly published CD I bought from her she remembered how I spell my name. To me, that means something special about her as a person. It certainly flattered the hell out of me.

So, if you girls, or guys, ever get a chance to see her in person or just like her and want to help her out, I highly recommend her music. I think we should all support (Hi Batty!) and stand by one another.

Hugs...Joni Mari

RobertaM
07-16-2009, 10:23 PM
thanx for a great post,,Sound like a great time.
And yes i would like a kiss!
Roberta