PDA

View Full Version : For an all day affair?...help

kayesimone
07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
no, not that kind of affair...

This is PRIDE weekend in San Diego and I thought it would be fun to spend the day dressed there from noon until 10 pm or so. It is outdoors and I hear it's pretty big.

Should I be concerned about any facial hair shadow as it gets toward evening? I was thinking of bringing a throw away shave kit and redoing my make up...Any experience or suggestions?

I was planning on just bringing tights to slip on under the skirt when it cools off in the evening and stick with a 3/4 sleeve blouse for all day...and...sandals
and hope I dont bake under my wig. Any tips for surviving an all day affair?

Thanks!

Teresa Macaw
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Sounds good, I prefer an electric. No chance of cuts, they are so messy.

Sarah Doepner
07-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Unless you can get back to your car, make sure your sandals will be comfortable on hard surfaces for many hours.

Stay in the shade and sip frosty drinks to keep cool under the hair.

If you can pick an outfit that looks good to you without some of your bodyshaping layers, you may want to do that. The better air circulation you can get the cooler and more comfy you will be.

I agree with the electric shaver if you need a touchup. That way you don't have to strip down to bare metal and build back up to your normal pretty self. Shave and touchup and out the door.

Spend time visiting and talking with others. If you are all by yourself the day will drag on and on. If you are with others it can seem to fly by in a flash.

Make sure you have a bag that is large enough to carry everything you need.

I'm sure there is much more, but these are the first thoughts to come to me.

veryinn
07-15-2009, 09:57 PM
not to be rude, but deodorant/perfume would help for any public occasions.

TGMarla
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Bring comfortable shoes!

kayesimone
07-15-2009, 11:44 PM
thanks for all your suggestions!
It will be a lot of fun...

TJ Tresa
07-16-2009, 12:25 AM
YOu can get an inexpensive eletric razor at Walgreens for about 10 dolllars. I hope you have lots of fun, try to take pictures and post them for us. Thanks in advance.

Christina Horton
07-16-2009, 12:27 AM
You can before you put on your foundation on your beard after you back shave, put on blush on your beard and that will counter the blue of your beard. You should not need to (redo) your makeup , but bring the shaver and your foundation to put more on.

Plus I heard if you put on milk of magnesia as a base and your makeup will not sweet off plus buy a sealant to spray over your makeup. I have not tried the milk of magnesia, But one of the girls hear told me about it and the fact it works.

As for keeping cool buy a parasol and use it to keep the sun off. and with that a folding fan to fan yourself like a southern bell. LOL.

Have fun hun

Cheshire Gummi
07-16-2009, 12:46 AM
If you like pain and hate body hair (which you know I do) waxing is the way to go. Keeps it from growing back in for a week-er-so (or a few days if your hair comes in quickly, like mine) but that should be enough to meet your ten hour quota.

If you are going to heed my advice, this is the best tip in the universe anyone will ever give you: shave before you wax There's a lot less pain and it's a lot cleaner. There will still be some redness and swelling, but that you'll cover with makeup and most of it will go down in twenty four hours.

As far as wigs go, I'm useless. Seriously. My hair is... like the only good thing I have. Except of course for my guitar, but that's an Epiphone, not a genome.

Yep. I went there. I don't regret it.

Mirani
07-16-2009, 03:56 AM
I "suffer" from the need to shave within my day - despite spending £750 on laser which didnt work. :(

My handbag has a wetshave kit. A small (lipstick size) shaving oil and a good quality razor. (I get a better close shave with a wet shave than electric). I have a small refillable bottle of foundation. I don't need to redo my eyes (though I do a touch up sometimes).

At work I have a similar but larger "kit" available in my drawer.

It is a niusance BUT I feel so much more confident. And - it only takes a maximum of 5 mins.

Have fun!

Sally24
07-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Should I be concerned about any facial hair shadow as it gets toward evening? I was thinking of bringing a throw away shave kit and redoing my make up...Any experience or suggestions?
Before electrolysis I used to go back to the hotel room mid afternoon, strip the lower half of my face, and reshave. Then I would put foundation back on and redo my lipstick. I've done the same in the car. Just get hot water at McD's, a towel and shave right there!

If it's a Pride event than shadow isn't that big a thing. I mean some gurls show up with a full beard and makeup so what's a little stubble?:devil:

Angie G
07-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Lots of fluids keep hydrated. Have a good time and be a good girl just joking enjoy hun.:hugs:
Angie

Evelyn
07-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I live in the UK, and had a holiday last year in San Francisco during Gay Pride Week.

Wow, what an eye opening experience for both me and my wife, it was just amazing and very, very enjoyable.

Whilst I did'nt manage to be femme, apart from the usual things, there were an awful lot of people lining the parade route who did.

I have to say that if you were fully dressed but decided, for comforts sake, that you would wear parachute boots, no-one would even notice or give you a second glance.

You're there, wear whatever you want to and enjoy. xx

BreenaDion
07-16-2009, 08:50 AM
You are my hero Kayesimone, Have a great time an tons of fun.

I wish you the Best girl.

Love Bree :love:

kayesimone
07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
WoW!
I love all the support and advice! I may have to think about the parachute boots... I was kinda thinkng that the evening make up should be a bit different than the day...keep it simple i guess. I have to give some thought to shapewear...all day may get a bit tight! maybe bring pajamas for the night hours.

gender_blender
07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Who cares! It's Pride; it's the one time you don't have to try to pass or disguise yourself.

I marched in the Boston Pride parade last month and attended Portland Pride in Maine. Good times!