PDA

View Full Version : Finally Came Out To My Mom

Sarah-RT
07-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I came out to my mom there about 3 weeks ago.
She had the loving ''I love you no matter what reply'' and it didnt bother her at all.

she asked did I do it outside, and am I going to continue?

I said no, that I didnt do it outside, and yes to I am going to continue.

My sister had a baby recently and that there is building going on around the house, but she said with all the fuss with what is happening, we can talk about it again properly, and any other time.

what kind of experiences have you had with your parents?
should I offer to show her my clothes, or anything like that?

nvlady
07-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I have no experience with this, but I think you should treat it the same way our sisters do with their SO's. You have done the REALLY big part, telling your mom, now wait a while for her to bring it up again, maybe at the grocery store you could throw a lipstick in the cart, or maybe at a department store you could mention how pretty a certain blouse is.
Remember, the ice is broken but you don't really know how cold the water under the ice is yet.
In any case, I bet your next birthday and Christmas will be really enjoyable.

Sarah-RT
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I was thinking of going along those lines. Leaving it up to her.
although, in a way, I do and dont want to talk about it again.

the dont part is just because of the awkwardness of it, im shy enough as a person but this is nerve wrenching lol.

ha, my birthday is in two weeks :P

Noxvictum
07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I've come out to my mother as well. She is very supportive of it, and being a decent seamstress, is even offering to make me some clothes. I've shown her my stuff (she likes my shoes... seems we share similar tastes), and she was mostly amused by the breast forms. She spent ten minutes poking it an laughing... Anyway thats my long-winded way of saying talk to her about it. If you don't have any sisters, she may even find it fun. My sister apparently isn't as much fun to dress up.

Sarah-RT
07-15-2009, 11:02 PM
thats a very handy talent. I think my mam used to do something similar just before i was born. she is good at fixing clothes, im not sure about making them though.

I have a sister, she used to dress me up as a child, which i hated at the time.

Well, I will see if she mentions it anytime around my birthday, if not I may bring it up, I plan on doing a small bit of shopping for it. Im getting a wig hopefully, or something to that extent, bit hard to hide under a chest of drawers id imagine.

sandra-leigh
07-15-2009, 11:05 PM
As someone who recently came out to my own mother: congratulations on finding the courage! I know how hard it was to actually say it to my mother... sort of "My god, now I'm serious, I'm not just playing any more!"

Sarah-RT
07-15-2009, 11:09 PM
yeah, its such a dreadful fear, ive never had anything like it in my life.

It was the one thing I wanted to do. my sister has a gay friend in his late 20's, my mom is always saying to her why doesnt he just tell his own mother, she would still love him etc.

all the while, I was sitting there, thinking to myself, ive something to tell you!

how did you eventually come out and say it?

I used the childish approach and sent her a txt message saying ''Can I tell you something''

Angie G
07-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Good for you girl I think all will go good for you.:hugs:
Angie

Sarah-RT
07-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks Angie

Sarah Doepner
07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
When I was a young teenager my mother discovered my tendencies and let me know it was inappropriate. She sent me away from temptation to reside for the summer in the masculine world of my father who she had divorced several years earlier. He didn't know about my dressing or that there was a closet full of girl clothes that fit me in the bedroom I took in his house.

I never spoke with either one of them about it. They have both passed away, not knowing that I still dress and actually clean up rather well.

Sarah-RT
07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Thats one of the main reasons I told my mom.

I dont really see what the point of telling her, other then reasurance that its okay to do it. shes a very open person, but I told her especially because ive seen some members, such as yourself who never had a chance to tell their mothers properly or at all, and Id feel I would regret it later in life.

also, that im still young, she may offer to buy me some clothes from time to time :D

Glenda58
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I came out to Mom 23 yrs ago. She said not to tell Dad but she still loved me and ask if there was anything she could do to help. She said she could something was different with me. That I had a look about me. ( what ever that is) But things have been fine she won't buy me things but she does point out cute outfits sometimes. Plus she gives me money for gifts and tell me to get what I want.

Sarah-RT
07-16-2009, 08:58 PM
that sounds like a great experience glenda.

she didnt say to me not to tell my dad, but nor did i say to her not to tell him but id rather not have him know.

either way i dont see her changing her opinion of me, but I dont know what her approach may be like to it, wether she is interested and randomly brings it up or else just leaves it un discussed

Allison Reneault
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Just an observation from someone who would never consider telling their parents, but it's great that you have someone close to share it with, particularly given that you are young. Count it as a blessing that you can talk to someone like her without a fear of being judged. Looking back, I can think of many times when I would've liked to have shared thoughts or feelings with a parent or close relative, but knew from their views that it would just be too painful and not worth it. And on whether or not it will bring on other conversations, believe me, it will. CDing is too interesting NOT to lead to more questions!

Sarah-RT
07-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks allison. its comforting to know that i can hopefully say anything to her, although i dont really know if i would want to haha