PDA

View Full Version : Maybe out!

Tracii G
07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
A while back I posted about seeing my daughter and son-in-law while I was out shopping enfemme.
Well they moved to my side of town and came over and the subject of gay bars came up and of their gay friends.
She told me she and her husband were going to a party and they were going in drag!!The old role switcheroo.
I told them sounds like a fun time to me.I guess they thought I would laugh but I was all for it.
I told them I have some gay friends(which I do) and that I was a member of the local TG group and have had dicussions with a few FtM transsexuals and thought they were cool.
Didn't come out all the way but I think this was their way of telling me its OK with them.Thats my take on it anyway.

Noxvictum
07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey, when explanations aren't provided, substitute your own! Kids are far more perceptive of their parents than most parents realize, but they sound like they would have no problem regardless if they really know or not. I have a feeling they don't know for sure, but suspect, and were trying to get you to slip up and tell em.

Tracii G
07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
That very well could be.Or maybe one of their friends is a TG group member too.Who knows I'm going to play it by ear.

Christina Horton
07-16-2009, 12:33 AM
I think you miss another good time to come out. You should have said I CD and would love to go with you girls. LOL. If it has no happened yet you should just lay the cards on the table and tell them. My :2c:

Girdlewoman
07-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Honey,
Your a musician, playing by ear sounds like just the right thing. All kidding aside, good luck. Peace, Charlene

Evelyn
07-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Your offspring probably know more about you than you think.

It's my view that all children, regardless of their age , are very perceptive and attuned to any changes they see in their parents behaviour. What you think you are doing a good job of hiding, they will see a mile off.

They just know, mine certainly did. It may be time for that long conversation that we all put off.

Its been said that the only thing a child owes its parents, is respect. A parent owes a child everything, including honesty.

Make an arrangement to meet up, have that stiff drink if its required, and come clean. For good or bad, it has to be done so they know they are not losing their parent. Good luck Hun.

Tracii G
07-16-2009, 12:31 PM
I am going over to their new place on Sat for lunch so I will take some pics over and maybe have that talk or offer a wig for the son-in-law to wear. on his girl debut.:D
You know it may turn out OK after all.
Christina no problem any advice from you is always welcomed.
Now stick it in the big hole and pin it back!!I'm sure you know what that means.:D Oh yeah watch out for the the deisel bears when doing that.

cindym5_04
07-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I think this sounds like it all will turn out for the positive. I think it's a can't miss.

Sally2005
07-16-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't know if I would assume they know anything. I'd say offer your help without too much explaination, let them do the event and depending what they say after you will know what more to say. You could say you've done it in the past on halloween without coming out and if they ask for details, just say someday you'll tell them all about it. Or invite yourself along...