PDA

View Full Version : Questions???

Ciara
07-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Sisters,

I wanted to know if any of you girls have just taken Anti-Androgens-Testrone during your HRT only, and if so which ones?

The reason for my question is I am schuduled to see the Endo on Aug 25th and I thinking of starting with just the anti's.

I wanted to know if I would see or feel any differences in my body without any Estrogen at this time? The Estrogen when I'm ready is of course in the plans, just maybe not right now.

I look foward to here everyone's feedback.

Thanks

LisaM
07-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Ciara,

I started on Avodart which is described as----
Finasteride (Proscar, Propecia) and dutasteride (Avodart), inhibitors of the 5-α-reductase enzyme that prevent the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Finasteride blocks only 5-α-reductase type II, dutasteride also blocks type I. They are not general antiandrogens in that they don't counteract the effects or production of other androgens other than DHT.
I didn't notice much change in anything until I started estrogel 2 months later.

jennCD
07-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Looks like we're considering the same thing, Ciara.

I'm researching the considerations/effects of an anti-androgen-only regimen before I see my doc. It's less of a trans-related situation for me tho, since I am not transitioning or anything, so it's mainly based on my interest in finding a balance for my libido with regards to my wife's lack of one....

I'll be interested to see the responses to this as well!

:)
jenn

Jenna1561
07-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Hi.

When I started HRT, my first 6 months were anti-androgens only. I started with 100mg Spironalctone daily and Propecia (don't remember the dosage).

My hair slowly stopped thinning and my skin became softer. I didn't notice any significant increase or tenderness in breasts and body hair didn't really start becoming finer until I was on Estradiol.

I hope this helps...

Jen