PDA

View Full Version : Wasted time

cdterri
07-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Ok Gurls,
I have a ?. Why do we waste so much time putting on forms, wigs, makeup etc.?
For the last 2 days I have left work early, came home, showered and shaved my chest, face, and legs. Then slipped into a cotten sundress,went outside, wandered around the yard letting the warm summer breeze billow and whip my dress around my legs and hips. Nothing like it! Still felt femm. and did not have to deal with hot sweaty forms. No time wasted trying to look completly femm. just enjoying what any normal woman would under the same circumstances. Try it!!!!!!!!

dawnmarrie1961
07-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Terri, there is no such thing as wasted time when it comes to cding. Every moment that is spent getting dressed is important. Every dab of powder, touch of rouge ,stroke of eye liner pencil, press of lipstick,spray of perfume ,brush of the hair and attachment of breast forms has a purpose. And although sometimes it's difficult tell if ritual is either in vain or vanity. It is much a part of cding process as the finished product is.:)

If you want to go out "el natural" in your back yard. All the more power to you. I hope you enjoy yourself. :eek:

carhill2mn
07-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't call it "wasted time". I enjoy the transformation process and the seeing tghe results. One does not have to take a lot of time each time. After awhile, you will learn what you need for the type of activity you are planning.

Sarah Doepner
07-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Terri, there is no such thing as wasted time when it comes to cding. Every moment that is spent getting dressed is important. Every dab of powder, touch of rouge ,stroke of eye liner pencil, press of lipstick,spray of perfume ,brush of the hair and attachment of breast forms has a purpose. And although sometimes it's difficult tell if ritual is either in vain or vanity. It is much a part of cding process as the finished product is.:)

Terri,
I appreciate the simplicity of what you suggest and have enjoyed doing nearly that on a number of occasions. But Dawnmarrie has very well defined much of the pleasure of cding as I experience it. It's another version of "life is a journey, not a destination." Thanks to you both, one for the shortcut and the other for the detailed map. How cool is that?

Sarah-RT
07-16-2009, 05:38 PM
i understand what you mean there,

however, when i CD i normally just throw on a pair of knickers and a bra or what ever. its rare that I put make up on or anything other then 4 or less items of clothing.

Id like to have the time and comfort of doing the full works though, but the evening is the prime of my time and trying to make sure you get all the mascara and nail polish off before the next day can be tedious

TGMarla
07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
I enjoy having boobs. And I really like long, pretty hair. It's one of the reasons I crossdress. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I wish you many more evenings of the same. But I'll stick to my boobies and my long hair, thank you very much.

(Oh, and I also like pantyhose, lipstick, lacy slips, high heels, jewelry, nails..........:D)

suchacutie
07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I completely enjoy the process of transformation...the ritual of it, as it were..but

When I'm at a conference and alone, which is often the case, that time for transformation is just not there. Also, if I'm not fully transformed, those nightmares of getting caught with a nonworking room key, or some other emergency is just more than I need to deal with when I'm already dealing with a stressful week....so...

I play a different mental game: When I'm out of the room, I need to be my male professional self. When I walk into the hotel room, I take off my shoes and slip on a pair of high-heeled mules or wedgies...and become Tina. This is true even if I only have a few min in the room. The room belongs to Tina, the outside world belongs to him! I could still be in a 3-piece suit but as soon as those heels go on, it's Tina!!! At that point Tina is free to dress as much or as little as time permits. It's a different mindset, but that threshhold of the room lets it work!

:)

tina

Glenda58
07-16-2009, 08:41 PM
It's not a waste of time if your going out shopping or clubing or to a show. But also it's nice just to dress up without all makeup and forms and walk around the yard. GGs do it I have also. I use to work in the yard dress in short shorts and a halter top.

RachelZ
07-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I play in two bands, and I need to practice regulary with them or by myself. Sometimes I have to go to work too and deal with people that can annoy me. I tend to get stressed out, so I do need some time to myself and girl time is my favorite way to relax. To me its not wasting time if it helps me relax and takes away my stress. Painting is my favorite way to waste time because it takes me away and I can at least accomplish something when I paint.

wendy360
07-16-2009, 09:32 PM
If I'm not wearing my forms, whats the point?