PDA

View Full Version : You. Me. Hotel Room. NOW!!

Kathi Lake
07-16-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm sure the title grabbed you the same way the phrase grabbed me today. :)

This will be another multi-part post about my shopping day today. It seems that I'm doing them with increasing frequency lately. It's not my fault, I just see so much cute stuff!

First, I'll start off with my mani/pedi yesterday. I've had manicures plenty of times, but this was my first pedicure. Oh my dear Lord, it won't be my last!! They feel incredible. It lasted about an hour and a half. I made the appointment a few days ago, and got a few odd looks at the salon. I showed up yesterday at 3:30 and was ushered into a separate room. The lights were dimmed and they had a scented candle going. I was told to have a seat in the comfy chair and the nail tech would be right in. She came in a few minutes later carrying an electric foot massager/soaker tub. She's was one of those young women that just make you ache - full of youth and beauty, grace and style - and she was one of the ones that didn't seem like she knew it. Sigh.

She introduced herself and asked me to roll up my pants legs and take off my sandals. I apologized for not removing my polish as I had to take my wife to the airport early and went straight to work. She said it wasn't a problem, removed it and we then let my feet soak for awhile. Ahhhhhhhhhh! We made small talk for awhile, and it lead to what other girly things I did and why I did them (lots and for fun, respectively :)). I asked her if she wanted to see a picture or two. She said,"Oh my heck, you have pictures! Cool! I definitely want to see." I hauled out my iPhone and showed her the usual pictures. She was incredulous, looking from the picture to me and back again. "This is really you?!" I told her that it was indeed me. She asked if I would mind her showing them to the other girls. Hmmmmm. Would I mind my pictures being shown to a bunch of hot women. Gee, let me think about that for awhile. "Of course!" I told her. She called a few of them in and said ,"Check out the hot chick in this picture. Does she look familiar?" They said no and she kind of nodded in my direction. One of them got it first and asked if that was me. They asked if I had done any drag shows, said I looked gorgeous, were jealous of my legs, etc. One of them said, "Dude, you have to let us do your makeup next time. We would have a blast!"

Well, they left and I was left with the nail tech. She filed and buffed and massaged and scraped and who knows what else (one part involved this green goop and hot towels - I don't know what it was, but it felt marvelous!). Finally, it was time for the polish. She said she had just the color - Not So Bora-Bora-ing by OPI. I's very cute. Not too pink. Not too coral - nice and Summery! After more talking and another coat and top coat, it was done. I carefully put on my sandals to avoid smudgies and went out into the main salon.

She sat me down at a nail table - the last one left. It was busy! I got a few strange looks, but a quick smile to them and they smiled back. I had let my fingers grow so much that even my 9-year-old daughter has been telling me to cut them. She filed and buffed and after a couple of coats (OPI Argenteeny Pinkini), my manicure was done. I left the store and grabbed some dinner and ate it at the park. I only got pics of my toes there (forgot my fingers), but took a picture today of my nails. The pics are below.

Next post will be the start of my day today.

Kathi

Joann0830
07-16-2009, 11:33 PM
I have to comment you are Beautiful and your avatar shows it, Your makeup and all. Your manicure and pedicure are Fantastic. I love that color on my hands and feet it is a lite Mauve (Pink) and it really is a Great Color and looks excellent on you. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

BTW You have lovely Feminine Hands Honestly

Joanie_Shakti
07-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi kathi, I'm glad you liked the pedicure. I've been doing them for several years now. A GG friend who doesn't know I crossdress "talked me into" getting one with her. (Like it took a lot of prodding. :D) It's more fun with her, but she lives in another state, so I get them at home by myself occasionally. I remember one time with her, another woman asked if it was hard to get me to do it and remarked that she wished that she could convince her husband to get a pedicure.

Alone, the girls sometimes act funny but the only time I didn't enjoy it was when I went for a pedi/mani and they had a guy work on me. :Angry3: I haven't gone back to that place since, which was close to my house. I go half way across town to a nicer one that has opened up since then.

The first or second time I went to the new place, a guy who had retired from my workplace came in with his wife and a friend of hers, who had gotten gift certificates. He didn't join in the fun, but took a picture of his wife in the chair with his cellphone (her first pedicure). I don't know if he recognized me or even knew my name, but as he was a "spook" involved with security (think Colonel Flagg from M*A*S*H), I couldn't help wondering if he was actually taking a picture of me at the same time.

I like your fingernail color. Depending on if it's offered and how many people are in the salon, I get clear on my toes but haven't done color. I got clear on the fingernails once but thought it stood out too much at work and it quickly peeled off, which made it even more obvious. I don't get manicures as much as pedicures as I work with my hands and they get ruined quickly. During my last one a couple of months ago, the girl asked if I regularly get manicures as most men's nails aren't very well taken care of. I told her I didn't. I keep them trimmed and filed as I hate when I get a nick in them that snags on things. I did try to grow them out this time as they were shaped so nicely, But only have the thumbnails and three fingernails that haven't broken since then.

Kathi Lake
07-16-2009, 11:50 PM
This morning started as most other Girly Day mornings - a shower and a nice close shave. Since my kids are home for Summer vacation I obviously couldn't do my makeup at home, so I asked my friends at Ulta if I could use one of their salon mirrors. Usually,when I go there, someone will do my makeup, but I was feeling independent and wanted to do it myself. Practice is good, right? I had already put my clothes and makeup in my car last night, so after prepping my face, I drove on down to Ulta.

I walked in to, well, kind of a dead store, which is odd for this location. They're always hopping. My best friend asked me if I was sure I didn't want to do my own makeup. I told her that she had trained me well and that this baby bird was ready to fly. I went back and changed into my outfit (picture below) and wig and brought my ever-growing makeup bag to the salon area. They had a place all ready for me - extra brushes, brush cleaner, sponges, etc. With about three of them watching, I started in. No pressure. Just a bunch of makeup experts watching a newbie put on makeup. :)

I started with my eyes since that is what they usually did. I realized that they did it like that because if you do your foundation first, the "dropped" eyeshadow can mess it up. I finished my eyeshadow and liner (Smashbox), then did my eyebrows (a nice Bare Escentuals eyebrow powder). I then did my foundation primer (Smashbox Photo Finish) and foundation (Smashbox again. Full Coverage Foundation). I finished up with blush and bronzer. It was neat to see the expressions of the girls watching me. At first, they were almost smirking, "Yeah, let's see how a guy does makeup" but after awhile, it seemed to turn to "You know what? He actually seems to know what he's doing!" There was one girl in particular watching very intently. I thought she was watching to see if I screwed up so she could swoop in and save the day. Nope. She kept pretty quiet.

Before I get to the next part, I want to say that I have always been a good boy. I have never sought out the "bad girls." They always seem to find me though. Maybe to see if I'm as nice as I appear. There was one girl in high school. Definitely a bad girl. One time I was talking to her and a guy came up and asked "Are you a real redhead?" She said "Come on around the corner and I'll show you!" and they disappeared for awhile. One day I gave her a ride home from school on my motorcycle. First she said that the vibrations were really doing good things for her. Then she said that I needed to teach her how to drive my motorcycle. When I asked why, she said, "So I could drive and you could b*ne me from the back. Now, motorcycle crashes are bad - everybody knows that. what is also bad is almost crashing, which we almost did when I heard that. Anyway, back on track. The girl that was watching me intently was, I'm sure, a bad girl. She's about 22. A single mother. A gorgeous size 0, but tattoos and piercings (not my thing, really).

Anyway, she seemed to be watching me the most intently of them all. I did my mascara and then lined my lips. As I was applying a coat of gloss (Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips in Dolly), she kind of groaned and said, "OK, is anyone else getting seriously hot!" A few said "Heck yeah!" She then came over from behind me, put her hands on my shoulders, and started sliding them down into my blouse. She then uttered those five words - You. Me. Hotel Room. Now!! The girls and I laughed. She smiled, but as I looked in the mirror and into her eyes, I kinda knew that she wasn't kidding. Gulp! I drew in a shaky breath and said that I probably wasn't her type - a guy that could fit into her clothes and steal her makeup. She said, "Oh, you'll do just fine." We laughed again and I started cleaning. She smiled and walked away. Was I tempted? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. My marriage is great, and I certainly wouldn't want to screw it up. Sigh. Thinking about it, it's not the lust or sexual craving as much as the acceptance that I was tempted in. Strange.

Anyway, after I cleaned up and chatted with my friends a bit, I was off to my first stop, which is conveniently located in the next post. Life is fun, if you let it be, it seems.

Kathi

Joni Marie Cruz
07-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Kathi, honey, you are just a doll...from your toesies to your nosey. What a fun day.

Hugs...Joni Mari

robyn1114
07-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Great story, can't wait for part three

Kathi Lake
07-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Ya know, I hope you guys don't mind my long-winded posts. Since I work with a bunch of guys mostly, I don't get to talk as much as I'd like. Maybe I'm just more girly that way. I have been called a chatty Kathi. :)

My next stop was the Newgate mall. I didn't do much there. A walk around Dillards. A look at what was new in Icing. I bought a new pair of earrings as I didn't really have anything to go with what I was wearing. Then I was off to Salt Lake and the Fashion Place Mall. I love this place! They have Nordstroms, Dillards, Macys, bebe, Ann Klein and much much more.

While shopping with my wife last week, I found some really cute stuff I wanted to go back and try on. The rule is, when we are shopping for her, we are shopping for her, not me. Sigh. Pity. I saw this dress last week that was gorgeous!! It is a formal gown by Calvin Klein in a beautiful brown. I bought some Nena shoes about six months ago because they were too cute and have been looking for the right dress to go with them ever since. Kinda girly and backwards, but whatever. Anyway, the dress has a pretty beaded bodice and comes with a satin embroidered shrug. It is floor-length and incredibly gorgeous (did I mention that already?:)). Even with me being as tall as I am and wearing 2 1/2 inch heels, I have to gather up the skirt to walk - it made me feel like a princess. Last week, they had it in an 8 and a 6. Normally, I'm closer to an 8 because of my shoulders and trunk. The 8 was gone. The SA told me to try the 6 anyway, just to see. I went back into the room and slipped it on and zipped up the back. It fit!! I put on the shrug and the heels and went out to the three-way. The SA's eyes grew very large. "Where did you get those curves?!" she asked. Looking in the mirror, I had to agree with her - the dress looked as if it were made for me. Sure, it's a typical SA saying, but in this case, it was true. It really, really fit me perfectly. Now to look at the price. I looked on one side of the tag - $380.00. Yikes!! She must have seen my eyes, because she said to turn the tag over. There were other prices. It had been marked down to $270.00. Then to $140.00. She said that the dress was currently on sale for 40% off the lowest marked price. I told her to wrap it up, as a dress that makes me look this curvy is a must-have. She emphasized again that I looked really stunning, and that she wasn't just saying that. :o

I changed and came out. We chatted for a bit and I thanked her for her attitude. She said she had no problem with me even after she realized that I was a man. She said I was a delightful customer and a beautiful woman. Awww. It made my heart leap a bit to hear that. I left her area and wandered a bit more in Dillards. Other than an incredible sweater that unfortunately wasn't in my size, nothing there struck my fancy, so I went into the main mall.

Walking down the mall, I expected stares, glances, whispers, pointing and more. What I got was nothing but smiles when I made eye contact with people - women, men, whoever. It really struck me as odd. Not that I cared if I was read - heck, I'm kind of a dog and expect it - but I really didn't notice it today. Who knows, maybe my girly aura of happiness was stronger than my aura of "Oh my God, that's one ugly dude in, admittedly, a very hot-looking outfit (below). :)

Well, nothing was cute and try-on-able in Ann Klein, so I went to bebe. Bebe almost makes me sad. It is full of hot clothes and hot women in hot clothes selling hot clothes to other hot women. Still, as long as I have this freakshow of a body, I'm going to milk it for all it's worth! A different stunning Asian than last time met me and started giving me the "items on sale" speech. I told her I was browsing and she said to let her know if I needed anything. Since I now have my adhesive forms, I wanted to try on the outfit from last time. The one where it is impossible to wear a bra, but my old non-adhesive forms kept falling down to my waist. These puppies stay where you put them.

I found the harem pants/bustier and a few other things and she stared a room. As I was changing, she did the same "barge-in" that I experienced last time (Hey Kathi, here's some other things you'll look hot in). Unlike the last time, she kept bringing and bringing and bringing stuff back. There was no room left on the hangers in the room. I started laughing once when I saw the "No more than three items in the dressing room at a time" sticker. Right. How about thirty?!

I was there about 45 minutes. She said she was glad I was there as it was really slow that day. I said I was glad to help her out and give her something to talk about. She looked confused and asked what I meant. I said that a guy trying on clothes. She said that other guys do and it was no big deal. She also said that "At least you're hot!" and wished her boyfriend would agree to it as she thought he would be pretty cute.

There was another lady in the room next to me. She would peek out occasionally when I walked to the three-way mirror but wouldn't come out when I was out there. I wanted nothing of that, so I made sure that the next time she was out, I went out at the same time. I complimented her outfit and told her that even though she wasn't used to skinny jeans, they looked great on her. She thanked me and said, "but I want to look like you! You look incredible in those jeans and I look like the Pillsbury Doughboy!"I rolled my eyes and told her that she looked beautiful. After that, she would be out when I was out and we would compare outfits. I helped her make some selections and she thanked me and went up to pay.

Meanwhile, I was still trying to get through the pile left in my room. The outfit I was closest to buying was a black sequined miniskirt, a tight white top studded with black rhinestones and a close-fitting cropped leather jacket. When I say miniskirt, I mean mini! This thing in a size 0 was still wider than it was tall. There was no way I could ever sit in this thing. It was meant for purely for being looked at. Since my legs are probably my best feature, it showcased them well. I wore it with my black pumps that I had brought in with me. Well, at "only" $168.00 for the jacket, $48.00 for the skirt and $54.00 for the top, when I say that this outfit was the closest to buying, I mean from San Diego to Cleveland close. :) The SA thanked me for making her slow day fun and told me to come back anytime and we could have another play day.

The picture below is the outfit I wore out today. I had to take it at my next stop. I don't have a picture yet of my new brown dress (or anything I tried on today in bebe) as my wife still has the camera and I forgot my cell phone in the car. Darn! I will get pics later when my kids are back in school.

Kathi

Samantha Girl
07-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Wow Kathi! :) What a great experience for you, sounded like a ball! :D

Kathi Lake
07-17-2009, 01:48 AM
After leaving bebe, I meandered around the mall a bit more. Nothing really struck my fancy, so I went across the street to Talbots. There is a dress there that I have tried on on three separate occasions (picture below on the right - not me, of course). Each time, I say it's beautiful, but at $159.00, it's a bit too much for a simple sheath. Today, one of the SAs remembered my wife and I from our visit last week and said, "You know, I've seen both you and your wife in that bamboo-print dress. One of you needs to get it because you are both gorgeous in it!" I told her that that was exactly what I was here for. They had it left in a 6 and an 8, so I took them both back. The 8 fit across the bust, but kind of hung around my hips and waist. She told me to try the 6. The 6 fit perfectly everywhere except my bust. She told me that it would be fine if I used a minimizer bra. I told her that I could just use smaller breast forms and she said, "Those aren't your breasts? But I've seen them. You have cleavage." I told her about taping and forms. She said she was jealous because if I wanted to go smaller or bigger, it was easy. We laughed and I agreed, it was convenient. :)

I changed and went up front to pay. Now I had two dresses in one day. For a guy who dresses don't usually fit well on due to my height, etc. this was a good day. I left Talbots and went to my last stop - Ulta, where my day began.

As I was driving the 35 miles or so back, I wondered if the "bad girl" would still be there. When I arrived at the store, I asked about her. Apparently, she left sick about an hour after I had left. The girls joked that she was probably frustrated and unable to concentrate on her job. :o Well, the girls wanted to hear about what I bought. I described the dresses. One of them said, "enough talk, show us!" They all said "Yay! Fashion show!" I went out to my car to get the dresses, the heels that I brought to try each dress on with and my black shrug. First, I tried on the Talbots dress. They agreed that it was very pretty and I had made a good choice. They said it was a perfect Summer date night dress and said my wife and I needed to go out dressed sometime. I then changed into the brown evening gown. When I stepped out of the spa room (where I was changing), they all just looked, . . . stunned. They asked me to twirl around and said I looked so girly in that dress - that I looked like a princess. One of them (a practical one) asked where I would wear it. I said I didn't know, but had to buy it because it was so pretty! :) One asked me how I knew to gather my skirt when I walked. I said it was common sense, because if I didn't, I would probably trip over myself.

Well, the fashion show was over and I changed out of girl-mode and back into a pumpkin. Sigh. Another fun and wonderful day getting to be myself, and bailing out the fashion industry as well. Everybody wins!

Hope you enjoyed this post. Have a good night.

Kathi

robyn1114
07-17-2009, 02:09 AM
What a great way to spend the day

crusadergirl
07-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Wow it sounds like u had a good time i enjoying reading it.

Evelyn
07-17-2009, 02:38 AM
What an exciting and memorable day. I bet you feel fab. xx

Persephone
07-17-2009, 02:40 AM
Wow, Kathi! You are too much, girl! You DO look good! So glad you've now learned the wonders of a pedicure! Congratulations on the dresses!

And thanks for your great, detailed, write-up that let's the rest of us share vicariously in your day. Your posts are always a delight to read.

Other than my morning run around the neighborhood - today in an orange and white cami and shorts - I sorta had the reverse of your day, spending an unusual day almost totally in "guy mode."

A guy friend and I went to lunch and then off to the local ham radio store where I decided to see what life with an Icom D-Star is like. That and a new automatic tuner for my HF rig pretty well maxed out my credit.

I envey you your stunning figure and your great new dresses, but I'm pretty sure I outspent you! :)

Hugs,
Persephone.

Shelly Preston
07-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Wow, What an absolutely wonderful day :D

MissConstrued
07-17-2009, 03:27 AM
She then uttered those five words - You. Me. Hotel Room. Now!! The girls and I laughed. She smiled, but as I looked in the mirror and into her eyes, I kinda knew that she wasn't kidding. Gulp! I drew in a shaky breath and said that I probably wasn't her type - a guy that could fit into her clothes and steal her makeup. She said, "Oh, you'll do just fine." We laughed again and I started cleaning. She smiled and walked away. Was I tempted? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. My marriage is great, and I certainly wouldn't want to screw it up.

Where did you say this store was again? :D

The only downside I see here is that she's too small for her clothes to fit me. :battingeyelashes:

I do believe her co-workers were correct about her sudden illness being frustravitis. I have discovered a level of woman waaaay beyond merely accepting... which is the majority of them, in my experience. No, these are the GG tranny chasers. The cases for their Eddie Izzard DVDs are ruined by gallons of drool. The very thought of a man in lingerie or makeup turns them all moist and squishy; a veritable puddle of goo willing to sell all that she hath and take you on a Victoria's Secret shopping spree.

Met another one this week, actually. Said I should dress up and come down to the bar where she works, and she'll give me free drinks all night. I sense an evil plan afoot. :heehee: She's gonna get me drunk and rape me, I just know it.

Ah, but I ramble so. Another great story; another entertaining read from Kathi Lake. Make sure you tell your wife that you won't be hurting for female attention should you ever suddenly find yourself unmarried. This will score you some loyalty points....

RobertaM
07-17-2009, 05:17 AM
thank you Kathi for sharing,,
I have been i the Cd Dulldrums for a few weeks now,,
"you me hotel room" OMG priceless!!
I think you have just resparked my Cd adventure mode.
thank you
roberta

Honeygirl
07-17-2009, 07:26 AM
I always love reading about your days, today was no exception. You always make me smile and often I shake my head at your courage. Way to go you!

Thanks for sharing, feel like I went with you.
Hugs
Honey

Sara Jessica
07-17-2009, 07:29 AM
You're having way too much fun Kathi, I really enjoy reading about your adventures. The acceptance that we can find out there is uplifting, gives reason to have a little faith in the human race when it comes to this TG thing.

As for the chatty part, I really like how you split your stories up into several posts. I try to edit mine if I get really long winded but I could be more "chatty" if I were to adopt your technique (which of course comes way to natural for me ;) ).

Sarah_new
07-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks Kathi for sharing this with us. It was an enjoyable read, probably not as much fun as you had but still enjoyable.

Miranda09
07-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Sounded like a very fun time at the nail salon Kathi and your fingers and toes look great. Hmmmm, maybe it's time for a visit to one myself?? :) In fact, your whole day sounded fantastic. I envy your carefree approach to going out dressed. You truly are an inspiration.

rebecca_morris_75
07-17-2009, 07:59 AM
What a great day (and a great read for all of us). I truly wish I had the confidence to shop like you do!

Trycia
07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Kathi

What a great day you had. So nice you are able to interact with so many accepting/supportive folks.

sarahNZ
07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Met another one this week, actually. Said I should dress up and come down to the bar where she works, and she'll give me free drinks all night. I sense an evil plan afoot. :heehee: She's gonna get me drunk and rape me, I just know it.

Evil plan??? sounds like a pretty good plan to me!:heehee:

Kathy you keep on telling those "long winded tales" it gives me an idea that the whole world is not out to get me, and that it is possible to have a girls day out even if I am a guy.

One day I hope to get enough inspiration from such tales of "the big day out" that I will go out for my own (I hope it wont be long, I really want to just say stuff it and go out there!) but untill then I will read about yours!

Melissa Rose
07-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Kathi, what a wonderful and glorious day! I'm jealous (in a nice way) and wish I had to courage to do the same. Thanks for sharing your story, and I'll be impatiently waiting for the pictures of the brown dress to appear.

Sarah Doepner
07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for sharing Kathi, you continue to set a great example of what is possible for those who are willing and comfortable in public. Your stories are telling me that even here in conservative Utah there is a higher level of acceptance than we expect. One of these days you may run into me at the mall.

And I highly recommend getting a pedicure! Not only is it great fun and the best your toes will ever look, it's good training for keeping your toes in shape for those sandals we all love so much. Just out of the shower I will work on my toes. I push the cuticles back and smooth and polish the nail surface. If things work out right I'll go with a base coat and some color, but if not, I have toes that are all ready.

Kathi Lake
07-17-2009, 09:31 AM
I do believe her co-workers were correct about her sudden illness being frustravitis. I have discovered a level of woman waaaay beyond merely accepting... which is the majority of them, in my experience. No, these are the GG tranny chasers. The cases for their Eddie Izzard DVDs are ruined by gallons of drool. The very thought of a man in lingerie or makeup turns them all moist and squishy; a veritable puddle of goo willing to sell all that she hath and take you on a Victoria's Secret shopping spree.Ah, MC my friend, I knew that of the many people on this board, that you would resonate most clearly with those five words. Sure, you would probably (Maybe. Possibly) read the stuff about the clothes shopping, but you would home in on the frustration. I'm sure that if you were in the makeup chair, you would have had the hotel room booked after the phrase was uttered, but before the laughter had died down. :)

thank you Kathi for sharing,,
I have been i the Cd Dulldrums for a few weeks now,,
"you me hotel room" OMG priceless!!
I think you have just resparked my Cd adventure mode.
thank you
robertaRoberta, what better way to get out of the (most likely) self-imposed doldrums than to get out there and have a bit of girly fun! Have your adventure. Then, be sure to tell us every juicy detail so we can imagine ourselves in your (very cute) shoes.

You're having way too much fun Kathi, I really enjoy reading about your adventures. The acceptance that we can find out there is uplifting, gives reason to have a little faith in the human race when it comes to this TG thing.Yes, I am having way too much fun. Ya know what? I'm fine with that. I realized a few years ago that my clock isn't running backwards, it is in fact running very fast the other direction. I hate the people that live their life, get near the end and all they can think is "If only . . ." I do not want to be that person. Do I have negative experiences? Yes. I think I do anyway. You see, not only is my body genetically freakish, my mind is too. I have the ability to be happy in most any situation. I also have the ability to not care one bit about others' opinions if necessary. Put this together and you have someone who may get a bad word or glare thrown at her, but blow it off immediately. Ah, being a freak can be fun (I'm sure MC would agree as I see the same attitude).

Thanks for the comments all. Remember, you too can get out there and have fun. Don't let your life turn into a series of "If onlys."

Kathi

Kristen Marie
07-17-2009, 09:35 AM
We were all waiting to hear if the bad girl was stalking you in the mall....that would have been a hoot. You've now brought the salon experience to a whole new level.

MissConstrued
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Ah, MC my friend, I knew that of the many people on this board, that you would resonate most clearly with those five words. Sure, you would probably (Maybe. Possibly) read the stuff about the clothes shopping, but you would home in on the frustration. I'm sure that if you were in the makeup chair, you would have had the hotel room booked after the phrase was uttered, but before the laughter had died down. :)

Yeah, how very base, huh? But sex makes any story more gripping. That's the only reason you see so much on TV.

Well, fortunately you have everyone else to coo about how lucky you are. I know better. You make your own luck. :)

I brought it up because for all the talk about acceptance and tolerance, I think those are setting the old sights too low.

SherriePall
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm totally jealous, Kathi. Where do you find these bad girls. I have never had one say anything remotely bad to me while I was drab or fab.
Seriously, I really enjoy your posts. I can visualize all that happens (of course, I still want to see pics! LOL). Thanks for sharing. Take care.

Kathi Lake
07-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, how very base, huh?

Well, fortunately you have everyone else to coo about how lucky you are. I know better. You make your own luck. :)Yes. Very base and very deliciously low. It does make the world go around, doesn't it? Yes, like you I do make my own luck. Why rely on others for that?

I'm totally jealous, Kathi. Where do you find these bad girls. I have never had one say anything remotely bad to me while I was drab or fab.
Seriously, I really enjoy your posts. I can visualize all that happens (of course, I still want to see pics! LOL). Thanks for sharing. Take care.The bad girls find me!! I swear! It must be some cosmic reversal - the good girls want to find the bad boys and the bad girls want to find the good boys. Kinda strange, but there you go. Glad you can visualize my adventures. I'll keep filling them with lots of fun and useless details! :)

Kathi

PretzelGirl
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Another wonderful day. I find the Newgate Mall to be mostly kids, so if you can be comfortable there, you can be anywhere (and it isn't like I didn't think that about you anyway).

Now about that gown. . . It sounds like something that needs a post in the picture section I would think. :thinking:

"Mary"
07-17-2009, 03:04 PM
The adventures of Kathi - wow - that's so great. I love your taste in outfits and the nail colors, too. Thanks for sharing.

Kristy 56
07-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Love your story Kathi,and love your dress. Of course I'm a little jealous too. First time out dressed to pick up my first wig,so I tried to get my nails done,but they were booked solid. Not ready for the mall yet,but I know it'll happen. I just love how the GG's make a big fuss. Girls really know how to treat themselves.

kimberly ann487
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Kathi you are living my dreams ! Can't wait to see your outfits. The only time I ever heard a stranger whisper those words to me I was a 21 year old ex football player. lol
:hugs:
KIM

karynspanties
07-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I for one would have had a REALLY hard time not taking her up on the offer! Probably because no woman other than my wife has ever wanted me sexually as Karyn. Plenty of men have made the offer, but no women......darn.....

Kathi Lake
07-18-2009, 02:14 PM
The only time I ever heard a stranger whisper those words to me I was a 21 year old ex football player.Kim, most of the ex football players I know have let themselves go, so now they're just a big tub of goo. If that is your body in your avatar, you have kept yourself in wonderful shape! Not just for a guy, but a woman as well. Pretty curves!

Another wonderful day. I find the Newgate Mall to be mostly kids, so if you can be comfortable there, you can be anywhere (and it isn't like I didn't think that about you anyway).

Now about that gown. . . It sounds like something that needs a post in the picture section I would think. :thinking:Oh, I do indeed plan on it. First, the kids need to get back to school so I can have some quality photo shoot time. Believe me, it will happen! That dress is much too pretty to be kept in a closet (hey, just like me! :)).

I for one would have had a REALLY hard time not taking her up on the offer! Probably because no woman other than my wife has ever wanted me sexually as Karyn. Plenty of men have made the offer, but no women......darn.....Like I said, the temptation was there only briefly, but it was along the lines of another experience where a woman asked me if I wanted to get into her panties. I most certainly did, but not in the way she was thinking. :o

I could never do it to my wife. I could never do it to my kids. I could never do it to me! Like Kim, I have only had one woman in my life, and that is my wife. I like it that way, and that's the way it will stay (20 years this August!).

Kathi

Misty is Kindafem
07-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Kathi,

I hope Joni and Kelly don't mind but I'm squeezing you in as an original member in the GTR (Girls That Rock) club.

You are truly an inspiration (it's a requirement for GTR).

... and that's all I have to say about that.

-Misty

Kathi Lake
07-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Kathi,

I hope Joni and Kelly don't mind but I'm squeezing you in as an original member in the GTR (Girls That Rock) club.

You are truly an inspiration (it's a requirement for GTR).

... and that's all I have to say about that.

-MistyShucks, Misty. Thanks! Gee, I've always wanted to rock. Unfortunately, the closest I ever got was Modern Jazz. :)

Seriously though, I'm nothing special - just a simple guy that likes to dress like a girl. Inspirational? Nah. You should get your inspiration from within.

Kathi

paulaN
07-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Kathi you do rock. From your pretty painted finger nails all the way down to your painted to toes. Thanks so much for sharing your life with us.

Kathi Lake
07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Kathi you do rock. From your pretty painted finger nails all the way down to your painted toes. Thanks so much for sharing your life with us.Hey, if I couldn't share it with my friends here, who could I share it with? You girls "get it." You are either where I've been or will be where I am one day. We all rock together.

Kathi

vivian10
07-21-2009, 03:12 AM
I love getting a pedicure spa, sends me into orbit, sitting in the massage chair with my feet in a foot spa, getting my feet and legs massaged and kneeded, the pat i love the most is having the souls of my feet massaged then scrubbed. Get the nails shaped and polished is just a bonus, go for it, you dont know what you are missing.
kel

joandher
07-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Hi Kathi what an adventure i just could not stop reading every word that was posted on this thread ,you must of had a ball that day,and all the new G/G girl friends you made ,theres no stopping you now girl ,brilliant
J-JAY

Kathi Lake
07-31-2009, 12:03 AM
Get the nails shaped and polished is just a bonus, go for it, you dont know what you are missing.Ummmm, did you read the post? In it, I described my first pedicure. I didn't know what I was missing. I know now. :)

Hi Kathi what an adventure I just could not stop reading every word that was posted on this thread, you must of had a ball that day, and all the new G/G girl friends you made, there's no stopping you now girl, brilliant.
J-JAYHi J (What do I call you? J? Jo? Jay?), I'm glad you liked my little adventure. I did indeed have a ball that day. Then again, my life is so strange and I am so warped that I pretty much have fun every day. It's great being a gal who is easily amused! :)

As for stopping, you are correct. Kathi has left her cocoon. Pandora's makeup kit/closet has been flung open and there's no way it's getting closed. I'm sure there are other cheap comparisons/allusions, but that'll do for now. :)

Kathi