PDA

View Full Version : Self-realization

Jessinthesprings
07-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I've realized something the other day. Ever since I started to admit to myself and family that I am TS I have lost the need to crossdress as much. Sure I like to feel pretty, but I don't wear the falsies and makeup everyday anymore. I was just wondering if that has happend to anyone else.

Lisa Golightly
07-17-2009, 12:47 AM
I was never a huge fan of makeup... I like mascara... and eyeliner most days but the rest I tend to keep for nights out or for work in the studio... As I've posted elsewhere I still use the 'chicken fillets' at times as even though I'm a C cup as there are some nights you want some oomph and they provide it with hypnotic effect.

Anyways you aren't crossdressing now... By definition.

Joan Merrie
07-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Well, simply put. You are just being you. No more false facade, Just you.:hugs::love:

Scotty
07-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Yep, have only worn my denim skirt and stsrappy on weekend nights from time to time or in the morning - haven't done makeup in over a year, nail polish in 2 years (Martial Arts)...

I have womens jeans, all womens jeans, panties, and womens tank tops and shirts that are androngeneous (Sp?) - so I'm femme but I've found my balance..

Anna the Dub
07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes, me too. I find the whole rigmarole of getting all done up very tedious. I used to love going the whole hog, but since I accepted that I am TS, I really don't feel the need anymore. I wear plain tops, womens jeans, womens flat shoes, etc. all the time, but although I have quite a few skirts and dresses, I very rarely wear them. If I am going out then I will make an effort, but unlike cders I am not going to get all made up in my best finery just to sit around the house.

AllieSF
07-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I have a friend who is TS has had breast implants, and will go further once she gets her finances worked out. She told me that she never crossdressed, because the clothes do not make you a woman. I agreed with her and told her that I am a CD and the clothes make me Allie. Any other TS's out there that never crossdressed?

LaurenS.
07-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Yes, absolutely I feel the same. I used to need the clothes to help make me feel femme but now I feel femme all the time. It doesn't matter what I'm wearing. I adore the clothes and makeup but they just aren't as necessary anymore. I'm Lauren no matter what clothes I adorn. A wonderful feeling and realization to be sure.

Lauren:)

Kaitlyn Michele
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Everybody's different..how many times have you gals see me write that!! :)

Women are highly sexualized in our society and often times it is only through "dressing up" that the anxiety of being transsexual can be diminished...

admitting your true self can sometimes get rid of all that anxiety and those other needs become less important as you express yourself as just yourself.... :2c:

I'm a clotheshorse, but lots of girls i know still feel uncomfortable dressing because they were socially raised as men

kristyk
07-18-2009, 04:32 PM
I agree hole heartedly with you girls my wife ask me recently why don't you get all dressed up as Kristy anymore. I told her Kristy is here 24/7 weather I am in my girlie jeans and a nice top or I'm in my skirt wearing one of my sexy tops.

Ever since I told myself I am TS and also started hormones everything feel into line my cross dressing stopped and my cross dressing was replaced by just being Kristy,
KristyK

Diane24
07-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I think it varies from person to person. I've always gone light on makeup. Once in awhile for really special times I get real "gussied-up." As a college student I dressed rather casually. . . it usually was hard to tell sometimes if I was in girl or guy mode.
Now, after going through the Real Life Test and SRS I still dress casually sometimes unless I'm at work, teaching. Then it's sometimes skirts or dresses and sometimes pants with blouse or a top. No more "guy mode" at all!
It's true I think that once you've declared your intention to transition that the pressure is off and you feel you don't have to get all "girly" all the time. Check out the super market. . . it's amazing how women dress when grocery shopping! Heck, some of them don't even pass as women! We should worry!!!

Diane.

dawnmarrie1961
07-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Jessi, You are just experiencing the normal realization that you don't need to hide your "true" self in any type of male or female "costume" any more.

That's a good thing .

It allows you see your "true self " not the "fantasy" person that was there before. It's all a part of "transition."

It's important to be able to look in the mirror, without all the make-up, and accept the person standing on the other side looking back at you. Because,when all is said and done, that's the real "YOU" that you have to live with for the rest of your life!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
07-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Once I realized I'm TS the need to wear a wig or forms isn't there anymore. I'm on hormones and just want to be me now..:battingeyelashes:

Jessinthesprings
07-20-2009, 04:06 AM
thanks for the comments. I was wondering if it was me, a phase, or like several of you said i'm me 24/7 and the clothes don't make me any more of a woman. Case in point one could argue that wearing all the false items (wigs, forms ect, ect) might acutally make you less of a woman... :idontknow:

Gerard
07-20-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure if it's relevant to this discussion, as I'm a CD not TS, but after I've come to this forum and told my story, my urge to CD has dropped a lot.
I've come to accept the feminine side of me and am trying to integrate it into the male me. I'm now shaving my legs, growing my hair longer, and more things like that. It has removed the urge in me to a large extent to go all the way and try to completely look like a woman, instead I have the feeling of being me all the time. It feels great.

MJ
07-20-2009, 10:22 AM
I don:t go over board anymore what you see is what you get. :hugs: