PDA

View Full Version : Tragic lengths ...

girltoy
07-13-2005, 02:31 AM
I saw this story (http://www.10news.com/news/4707796/detail.html) while catching up on my local news and it really bothered me, for 2 reasons: first that someone would be willing to do something this dangerous and secondly that someone would be willing to perform this type of procedure without the proper precautions, equipment/facilities, and training. I just wish more people would use their sense before embarking on endeavors of this sort.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area ... wasn't sure where it belonged.

Tristen Cox
07-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Jeez, this is why education about this stuff is so paramount. This is one good reason I do not trust physicians anymore. You have to know yourself what they are doing. Not just take their word for it. I hope this 'doctor' (whatever they are) never is allowed to give someone even an aspirin again :(

Deborah
07-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Sad truly sad. Just goes to show what lengths of desperation some of us go through to look female.

Sharon
07-13-2005, 06:55 AM
FWIW -- this was not performed by a licensed physician, this took place at a "silicone party," in which industrial-grade silicone was injected directly into the breasts of unwitting (or desperate) TV's. You would be shocked at how often these "parties" take place, and if you're fortunate, the silicone won't kill you, but it definitely won't stay put in your breasts.
It's another case that should show us all that there are no fast and simple, yet safe, shortcuts.

Julie
07-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I saw a documentary a while ago where they were interviewing a TG, who was really more of a hybrid. One of her comments was how she had silicone injections in her breast, butt and thighs. You'd think with all the press silicone implants got that a red flag might be raised when considering direct injections!

MarieTS
07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Julie--- I suggest a Pulitzer Prize for any scientist who can devise a method that will non-invasively convert love handles into breast, thigh, and fanny tissue. :D