PDA

View Full Version : Super CD :)

Erica K.
07-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm going to a super hero/villain costume party in about a month, and I don't have any solid ideas for who to be. I was wondering if any of you here had any suggestions that could help me out. I'm leaning towards 'villain' as of right now...

this is also going to double as me dressing girly for the first time in front of a bunch of long time friends that don't know yet, so I get to have all kinds of fun :)

Blaire
07-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Probably the best bet would be Catwoman (a la Adam West's Batman). Has the advantage of a full costume.

On the other hand, you could wear anything and be X-man's Mystique?

JenniferR771
07-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Wicked Witch of the West? Wonderwoman? Bea Arthur?

Diane Elizabeth
07-19-2009, 01:30 PM
I vote for WonderWoman

TSchapes
07-19-2009, 01:33 PM
I would think the latest cool outfit would be Watchmen's latex lovin' Laurie aka Malin Akerman...

Silk Spectre II (http://www.halloweencostumes.com/silk-spectre-ii-costume.html)

-Tracy

Fondew2004
07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Female Vampire....you can make that as scary...or as sexy....as you wish!

deja true
07-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Maybe the anime freaks around here can give you some ideas. There seem to be a lot of trans anime heroes and villains in the stories!

Carroll
07-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Why not go as the Joker (Heath Ledger Version) dressed as a Nurse, like in the movie

Dekka
07-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Why not go as the Joker (Heath Ledger Version) dressed as a Nurse, like in the movie

Ajem... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! =)

Great idea...

Now, to Erika, why not Dark Phoenix?

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/7/72/Dark_Phoenix_%28by_Dan_Brereton%29_1.jpg

Andy66
07-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I love the idea of a super hero/villain party! Can I come? :)

You could make up your own character, maybe go for something punny. I can't think of a good one right now; drawing a blank. If you were a guy I would suggest "The Boogie Man - fighting evil with the power of dance." Haha.

savvy_fudge
07-19-2009, 03:22 PM
You could go as Domino.
http://marvel.com/universe/Domino_(Neena_Thurman)

Sometimes Steffi
07-19-2009, 03:37 PM
How about Lara Croft or Xena (or Gabrielle, that could be kind of a good pairing given their possible romantic relationship).

And if those don't work, here's a list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_superheroes

Gerard
07-19-2009, 05:53 PM
I love Phoenix, one of my all time favourite characters.

For this forum Cloud might also be quite memorable.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/clouddefenders.htm

For an actual character to impersonate you might want to go with something people recognize from the movies. You could go Jean Grey/Phoenix-red dress, Rogue, Storm.

You might want to stay away from the form-hugging spandex for this one, also a reason why this is the best option I think:
http://www.jean-grey.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/phoenix-jean.jpg

It also makes for a nice bad/good character.

--------------
On a side not on super hero costumes, I've been looking at this site recently: http://www.lycrashop.nl/
I haven't bought anything yet, and they say it can take several weeks to deliver, but I like the fantastic four costume, spider man and woman and some others.

EVESPANDEX
07-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I would think the latest cool outfit would be Watchmen's latex lovin' Laurie aka Malin Akerman...

Silk Spectre II (http://www.halloweencostumes.com/silk-spectre-ii-costume.html)

-Tracy

I agree, Silk Spectre is awesome, when I find the outfit made properly (in latex:heehee:) I'll get one.

Or how about Harleyquin from batman? I've seen some really good repros from Evilbay Zentai suppliers.

5150 Girl
07-19-2009, 09:19 PM
See'n as how you said villan, and not hero, I would lean to Poison Ivy

Intertwined
07-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Go as " Arclight " from the move X-men the last stand

Arclight through X-men history has been at times Male, at others Female

Arclight is the one with the short hair, third from the left.

Arclight possesses the ability to generate seismic energies with her hands that cause shock waves and geo tremors. She also has superhuman strength, stamina, resiliency and durability.

Miranda09
07-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Or, you could go as someone's mother-in-law!!!!! :))

SarahPerth
07-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Go as one of "Charlies Angels"

Marisa_M
07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
I would go dressed like Jessica Rabbit.
I don't remember if she was a villain but she was soooo sexy!

kasha
07-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I like the GI Joe characters, my girl dressed up as the Baroness. Black leotard, boots grometed belt, a couple of guns and pair of eyeglasses. SUPERHOT!!

Kasha

DameErrant
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I would favor going as "The Iron Maiden," from the Thunder Agents series by now defunct Tower Comics. They were from the '60s, but some of the characters were a lot of fun.

She wore a suit of skin tight plate armour! With a fancy cape, weapons belt and helmet that incorporated a mask. You could go with silver skin tight spandex and a helmet. (Maybe use one of those skin tight Zentais from Ebay.) Have fun!

suchacutie
07-20-2009, 04:40 PM
LOL you might be sorry you asked! There are so many possibilities! Looking at any costume site gives a long list and then there are all the incredible characters for which there is no costume but would be easy to duplicate!

Of course, as with other comments, WonderWoman and Elvira are the first to come to mind, but any classic character is terrific. I would stick with the classic characters and not the newer ones as it is probably easier to make sure everyone knows who your character is on first glance! You don't want to have to wear a nametag!!

tina

shavedlegs
07-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Go as one of "Charlies Angels"

Yes, I think in tribute to Farrah Faucet, she was a hottie, I wish I could look that good.....

Erica K.
07-20-2009, 05:54 PM
wow, so many choices! My favorite is joker as a nurse :) But I really want to be Dr. Girlfriend from 'Venture Bros', but I don't have enough time (or sewing skill) to pull that off. Well, since I am a nerd of many sorts, I can throw together a guy costume with my eyes closed and have it be awesome. Thats the route I'm going (time, budget & me wanting to look like a hottie villain are factors), but this party influenced one of my friends to throw another super hero/villain party for halloween. But The Joker as a nurse is very interesting...

Thanks for the ideas ladies :)

MJ
07-21-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm leaning towards 'villain' as of right now...

Go as my Ex :straightface:

DianneW
07-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Alvira, Mistress of the dark or Wonder Women

DameErrant
07-21-2009, 03:21 PM
So many wonderfull ideas! I may steal some for next Holloween.

Of course, if you are into obscure heroines, you could try Arealla, Warrior Nun. Sorry, I don't have a picture, but there are plenty of nun habit costumes available. One year I bought one on Ebay, cut the sleeves off so I could wear opera gloves, cut slits up each side, added a black corset and high heeled lace up knee high boots. Add a couple different types of whips, some Goth earrings, and there you go! I called myself Sister Dominatrix Superba.

Was I a Heroine or a Villianess? I left that up to the other guests to decide for themselves.

I even had business cards printed up, with my "secret identity" on the front, and my "civilian indentity" of Sister Dominique Serena on the back. (Try Vistaprint, they are cheap. Just be sure not to use any real tel #s or email addresses.)

cassandra2601
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I have a great mother in law - or out law as I call her. You can always tell when she is at home because the broomstick is parked outside LOL!

I think she heard me say that once and I have never recovered!

Tina P Hose
07-21-2009, 04:30 PM
villlan...go as Sarah Pallin, or Hillary

Erica K.
07-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Go as my Ex :straightface:

:heehee:

DameErrant
07-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Found a picture.

caitlynnnicole
07-23-2009, 04:47 PM
i would go as a sexy vampire or a pirate

JoAnne Wheeler
07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
How about "ELVIRA" ?????? or are you too young to remember ?

JoAnne Wheeler

aggi123
07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi everybody! First post here :O

(I know, I'm supposed to introduce myself first, but i've been having trouble mustering up the courage for that, but I just CANNOT resist anything comic book related, especially such an amazing idea)

I think you should go as the ultimate scarlet witch.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/Scarlet_Witch_Ultimate.jpg

Has the ability to manipulate probability (so she could destroy pretty much anything given the right circumstances which she has to figure out)

Leohose
07-23-2009, 11:30 PM
modify the Baroness as follows Black leotard, black shimmer pantyhose, black boots or heels then add the grometed belt, a couple of guns and pair of eyeglasses. and black wigSUPERHOT!!

Kasha[/QUOTE]

PEACHES MARIE
07-25-2009, 12:45 AM
How about Joan Crawford - Mommy Dearest - but you would need a whole lotta red lipstick....