PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Freda and Facebook

Laciegurl
07-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh no it happened. Somehow my aunt found me on facebook. She befriended me and sent me a girlygirl gift. I IMed her to make sure she knew who she was talking to and sure enough she said, "Oh yeh I know."
I told her not to freak out and not to tell nobody. She said that not much freaks her out anymore and who would she tell lol. Getting caught was an adrenaline rush and her acceptance was a hug. I still doubt that I tell any other family members, untill they catch me, but it's a load off to be able to come out to my aunt.

Aubrey Green
07-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Strangely odd and cool at the same time! Now you'll have to go visit and go shopping or makeup tips. Could be fun!

:daydreaming:

deja true
07-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Well... good on your Aunt Freda for being supportive ... but here's the thing...

If she's befriended you, then every other one of her friends or anybody who goes to her site (other relatives or acquaintances) will be able to see her friends list and might then follow the path to your site. Facebook (I was just reading in WIRED this morning), has more personal info on it's members than even Google!

Don't mean to make you paranoid, but did say you didn't want anybody else in your immediate family to know. Sorry!

Laciegurl
07-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Well I'm not using my real first name. And I did say I didn't want to tell any other family members unless caught. In a way I really want to tell the world but I'm just chicken lol.

Kayla Shadows
07-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Thats awesome that she was cool with it :hugs: Ive been waiting for something like that to happen.If not family then a friend or something.I remember when I was scared to even put a picture up and now its in a bunch of different places.Even a site that has me in guy and girl mode.Geez,all it would really take is someone to visit though.Lots has changed.I was afraid of that too.Not so much anymore.With how life has been going,the edge of my caring has been way crossed over.Besides,this is me.Love me for me or dont be around.Thats the way I see it.The thought of people finding out use to be a big freak out.Im not quite ready to go,"hey everybody guess what",but if it happened to get out,like today,Im sure I'd still be sitting here reading the forums and eating the cherries I just bought with a smile on my face.Time goes by way too fast to spend it being somebody Im not.

Leslie Langford
07-19-2009, 10:22 PM
This is a very timely thread, as I just read in the local newspapers this weekend that the Canadian government is leaning heavily on the owners of Facebook to clean up their act in regard to their loosey-goosey controls over unauthorized access to account holders' personal information.

Apparently our privacy laws are much stronger than in many other parts of the world, and Facebook is cooperating in bringing their standards in line with what is expected here.

Once all of the details have been hashed out, it is said that Facebook plans to apply the same stricter standards throughout their worldwide network of account holders.