PDA

View Full Version : about my week

sarahNZ
07-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Ok so I'll start off with last payday I looked online at our version of ebay for some pretty things, (as I usually do when I have money to burn) and found a few things that I have wanted for a while eg a pretty baby blue pashmina, a few mini skirts, and a zentai catsuit. :)

Fast forward to this week once again payday. I stopped in to the local mall (where I work security, and clean after hours) during the previous night I had been called into the pagani (fashion) shop to watch the shop for a few minutes (while the lady went about her business in other parts of the mall) so of cource I start to brouse I mean what else is a girl to do in a fashion store?!:battingeyelashes: and I come accross the most lovely pair of full length wet look black leggings two sizes left, I can't try them on of cource because I am in uniform and working, so payday I strole in as calm as day and say to the ladies I'll take these thanks, having picked the size large leggings up on the way from the door to the counter with out even a slight pause in step.

The problem... of cource, I had just been into the chemist to pick up a quit smoking pack (patches and the works) so of cource the ladies in the chemist watched me walk streight from their store to the fashion store, place my garment on the counter, and walk out less than a minute later with a pretty little bag in my hand.

Damn snapped!

Oh well I got the leggings home and tried them on (I have not yet the courage to try them on in store) but they were to big and baggy around my legs :sad:, now not to waste $40.00 like that I promptly took them back! and walked streight past one of the cleaning ladys who was some what amused to see me not only awake so early but carrying a pretty little pagani bag in my hand, :o "Can I swap them for the smaller size please?"

Got them home and this time they were perfect so I learned a lesson and from reading a few posts about "why not try on in store?" I decided there is a point there. LADYS TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! IT SAVES TIME AND PETROL!

ANY HOO...

as if it was just my week for pretty girly things to come running to me from afar... I had another look on the Trademe online store, and blow me down with a feather, there was a pair of asymetrical breast forms just waiting for the other bidder to stop playing cat n mouse with the seller. So with one question to the seller "are you prepaired to wait a few days for the money" and the responce "yes go for it"..... all I can say is

:tongueout YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!! :tongueout

And to top it all off I bought a pretty pink nail pollish the other day (once again from the mall where I work, but this time different end) and my nails were painted for the first time in about 8 months and for two days, one cleaning shift last night and today, when I was called in early to do a bit of interior painting before my normal shift began. :Angry3: (I like my sleep ins)

Yep would have been nice if I could have made it two days straight, but I figured the paint stripper will wash the nailpollish off when I finish painting and clean the paint off my hands with the paint stripper before getting changed into my security uniform. Hmmm problem!! turns out the paint and grease remover is excelent at removing set paint but absolute rubbish at removing nailpollish :idontknow:

So the remainder of the shift I was walking around with pink glittery nails with my security shirt and black trowsers :eek:the look on peoples faces ranged from a smile to a frown but the best by far was one of my co workers who was cleaning the food court at the time saying "OOhhhh pretty, where you get that?" and we started chatting about why I had nail pollish on and why there was nail pollish remover at home etc, so the way I figgure it... I'm busted so I might as well enjoy it! :):D:)

Christina Horton
07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
cool week for you. I wear acrilics 24/7 painted any way I want. In the summer there longer cuz the tarps are not frozen. There about half an inch long. Girls will comment but most guys won't unless there pink. Go figger tiger. I find it funny when talk to a guy and watch the spot them and count how many more looks they get in. LOL it's way to funny. So why not go get them done and keep them painted. It's much easer then taking them off all the time. Good luck Hun

sarahNZ
07-20-2009, 09:05 PM
it was sugested that i could paint them a darker colour eg black or dark purple, then people would just assume that it was something to do with goth. But that would defete the purpous wouldn't it? After all what I am trying to do is guage the social feeling about it with the hope of one day just walking in to the mall in full dress and not have to many shocked people. Of cource I don't want to lose my job either!

Saika
07-21-2009, 05:31 AM
I always get odd looks from wearing nail polish. Sounds like you have been having fun sarah :)

sarahNZ
07-21-2009, 07:16 AM
I am just trying to find a way out of the verry dark place i hid in all those years ago. The good news is that i can see a faint glow now so i am running to it.

Saika
07-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm glad to hear that there is a glow :hugs:

You were the first other New Zealander at this forum that I noticed. It helped me to not feel alone with it all :)

Gina_C
07-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Hi from yet another Kiwi Chick

As a security guard you will realise just how much surveillence goes on when you are in public - not just by other people but also those CCTVs. The resolution and coverage is amazing.

Be careful out there girls.

sarahNZ
07-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Hi Gina
Yep we got em all and you are right about the resolution of the cameras but I still don't care.

Time I started living the life that I want to live, not the life that every one else wants me to live!

Yumi there are a few kiwi girls around on the site eh. No need to feel alone! EVER!