PDA

View Full Version : cd shopping service....

Wendy me
07-13-2005, 01:09 PM
would you use a cd shopping service??? for you girls that are not too comfy out shopping in stores if there was a cd shopping service that you could go to thay would make shure of sizes for you buy what you want ...and make returns if it was not right ...would you use it???

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Hell yeah, but I'd have to go too.
As moral support.

Because I don't want other people choosing things for me >.>

<.<

Melissa A.
07-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Gosh, no. I love to shop all for myself. Then again, so does Wendy. You would love that job way too much, girl, probably would keep everything, too. "Here's your money back-I just can't give it to you!"

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Kimberly
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Yes... though I could see how this would cause problems.

If you're seen going into one of the these services, people could out you just as they may have before whilst normally shopping.

The idea is nice though :) These things kinda exist - it's called a personal shopper, but I don't know how CD friendly they are.

kathy gg
07-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Hmm, I hope the moderators dont' mind that I am responding to this, but I actually do run a cd shopping service. I agree there are many who charge a mint and there are also many boutiques which offer limited selection.

My service is a bit different and I have had many clients from my country and even Europe use me. Basically it is shopping (in male more, or en femme) in real stores. For the more closeted clients they choose to be in male mode and I have made many contacts at stores all across Toronto in all sorts of stores so I have never had a problem with the guys I take in using the change rooms if they choose to try clothes on. I am sort of the liason for people who are just too nervous to do this alone, or just want an honest opinion (other than a sales girl) on clothing and stuff. In many cases the clients I have taken shopping do not have supportive wives or girlfriends willing to do this with them or they simply are just not sure how to approach stores. But on the flip side I also have had cleints whoes wives knew what they were doing and are glad someone enjoys this and who they can trust their husband with.

In addtion to shopping i will do a clients make up, can take them to make up stores or wig shops that are tg friendly and even out for dinner and clubbing if they choose. It is almsot like having a best girlfriend for a day.

And I dont' charge crazy amounts of money either. I don't charge extra to do the make over, to take photos, and to boot we drive in my car to all the stores where the shopping is done. You get fun cool company, dont' have to worry about driving and someone who truly enjoys this as much as you. Not a bad deal is what I have been told by cleints. Also, from what I have heard alot of women (gg's) that do this are not really as involved in the cd scene other than this being their business. WHere as I looked to date and marry a cd, I love this, I find it fun and exciting and I just generally enjoy being around people in this community. It is my life, so I come at this not just from a business perspective, but a personal one that means alot to me.

Before my husband and me married he of course had to do all this alone and he told me how difficult it was at the start. How he used to buy lots of clothing that did not fit but was then to embarrassed to return it. He also used to freeze up when sales ladies tried to talk to him and half the time would pruchase something wihout finding out later it was hand wash or dry clean only becuase he was so rushed to get out of the store. Now of course he says shopping is alot easier having me there becuase I will ask for discounts if a button is missing (something he never would have thought of), I also have a trick for finding out if something will fit his waist even without trying it on!, and mostly I deflect the sales ladies.

So that was what inspired me to actually make this a business. I do have a wesite if anyone wants further info they can email me directly cleopatra_31@ureach.com

mostly sincerely
kathy in canada

Robertacd
07-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I personally don't need one, but I would love to work for one as a shopper! :)

Marla GG
07-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Hmm, I hope the moderators dont' mind that I am responding to this, but I actually do run a cd shopping service.

Kathy, wow! I didn't know this about you.

I'm between careers right now and my goal is by the age of 40 (that's 5 years away) to start over doing something I am passionate about. The career advice books all say you should find a way to make a living doing something you love to do anyway. My fantasy is to do something in the CD world, maybe something like what you describe, although I don't think I have the talent to do makeovers (I must practice more on Angel :) ) and I don't think I am quite as outgoing as you are.

But I know what you mean, it does seem like the people providing these services should be people who have a personal interest and truly love crossdressers. I think it would be very gratifying to be involved in helping and encouraging closeted CDs to build the confidence to shop openly for themselves, and I imagine that many of your clients learned enough from their experiences with you to start going out on their own more. Even those who are already comfortable shopping alone probably just enjoy having someone to shop with!

My hat is off to you...you're awesome!

Gail Evans
07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Great idea,

Wish you were here in South Africa. Although I do my own shopping, it is sometimes awkward trying things on in store.
I would love a make over and a day out.

Gail

kristine239
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Intersting idea. We have 3 people in NYC that welcome CDs and will take them shopping or sight seeing in NYC.

If anyone is going to be in the Big Apple and would like some help let me know and I will put you in touch with someone.

prettyflower
07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I've never had that problem because I look, act, dress, and talk like a girl but it would be very helpful for other CD's who are not ready to come out yet. :love:

kathy gg
07-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks Marla,
I have been doing this on a very part time basis for about 3 1/2 yrs. It seems to go in spurts, because I dont' advertise much, me and hubbys website is the main form of advertising and of course word of mouth. And by spurts it seems liek one month I had three clients and then went three months with none. Since I am not working now it is easier to do than when I used to work a regular job full time.

I can remmeber one funny moment when I had a client and I was roughly about 6 months pregnant. I was used to standing on my feet all day at work and I also was still playing tennis. But still, it was pretty obvious that I was 'with' child. Well this nice gal took one look at me when I went to pick her up and she was so worried about me. She was from that era where women were told not to do anything when pregnant. Needless to say she actually had a hard time keeping up with me that day out shopping as I was more able than she thought!

One of my most amazing clients was very comfortable 'out' en femme and she was from another country and let's just say she had amazing taste in clothing and the 'finer' things. She was already tall, but with heels I am sure she was about 6'5", but she walked like she owned the place! Well it was a pleasure shopping with her and just showing her the city and then taking her out that nite dancing. I was pregnant at the time and again, tried to downplay it. Luckily it was of no issue to her and we had an absolutely fabulous evening.

Anyway, it is a good little 'side' thing but I would not say I have been able to make enough to count as a career.

The best feeling is when I am taking someone who is pretty new to all this and showing them that mostly stores are very accomodating, it is possible to know gg's that are totally cool with this, and lastly to give them real advice about what works best for their size, shape, and general feminine projection.

It probably is bad for business but I hope that I have been able to give all my clients enough info and confidence and knowledge so that ultimatly they won't 'need' me.

But I have also had repeat clients from out of town who just want a girl friend to hang with and not have to worry about driving around, finding cool clubs, and safe/nice people to hang with.

So far I have never encountered one 'bad' girl and everyone has been just totally polite, respectful, and nothing but generous. You do have to pretty much be able to connect with anybody almost immediatly and give them a sense of 200% trust and remember you are there to give them the experience of being a woman for a day. This is not about reality checks or bringing up things that are sensative subjects (like having an unsuportive SO back home). THis is all about this person feeling like the most beautiful, most fabulous girl in this city. And honestly, that has to come across in the email. even before you meet them. Not ever person can convey that realness in such a way to evoke trust. But, I love what I do and I love all this and I don't think any one can denigh my enthusiasm and conviction.

So Marla if you decide in the future you need any info you can send me an email and I will be happy to give you pointers.

hugs
kathy in canada

ChristineRenee
07-13-2005, 09:34 PM
I personally wouldn't use it only because I'm pretty comfortable shopping for myself...but I can see where this would be of great benefit to CD's who aren't.

Kathy...wasn't aware that you did this but waaaaay kewl girl! And Marla....give it some serious consideration hon...I'd bet you would be awesome at this too!:thumbsup:

Love,
Chrissie:)

Holly
07-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm a shopaholic... just ask my wife! But Marla, if you need a model to practice your makeup skills on, I'm available!

Tristen Cox
07-13-2005, 11:25 PM
would you use a cd shopping service??? for you girls that are not too comfy out shopping in stores if there was a cd shopping service that you could go to thay would make shure of sizes for you buy what you want ...and make returns if it was not right ...would you use it???
Of course! Are you kidding me :thumbsup:

Sharon
07-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Actually, this sounds like the perfect job for Wendy! :)

Tristen Cox
07-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Actually, this sounds like the perfect job for Wendy! :)
Naa she would want to shop too much :whistle:

crispy
07-14-2005, 02:27 AM
absolutely not, never, no way.

I love the adrenalin rush of shopping. Browsing, trying to avoid the eyes of the lurking sales girls, giggling teenagers and snooty ladies, selecting something and carrying it around trying to look nonchalant, finally making up my mind and going to the check-out, waiting in the queue (there is always a hold-up with the customer in front of you, isn't there?) while everybody casually looks at what everybody else has purchased, and finally the check-out girl who always has a pleasant smile and pretends that a guy buying outsize intimates is the norm.

luvvit. :cool:

Clare
07-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Nope. I like to eyeball whatever it is i'm buying. Give the item in question the touchy feely, quality assurance test before purchasing.

Never shopped online, and unless i see something i can't get elsewhere, probably never will.

Christine

Wendy me
07-14-2005, 08:52 AM
i was thinking of a shopping service ...set it up with local shops ....with the girl ...lunch and ....then ti thought this could end up being like work ....would that suc_ it feel like shopping was work...????

Clare
07-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh!!!!

Wendy, in that case, i'll take up your offer. Nothing like having it all set up in advance to ease the stress/fear factor of being in a girly shop!

Christine

emmicd
07-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Part of the thrill of being a crossdresser is going shopping for femme clothes. I love to shop for all my femme clothes, even my bras and panties. I also like the puzzled looks I get from the girls.

With that said however I do feel some shyer girls would benefit from a service as you describe.

Good Luck!

Emmi

PS: I think Marla would be good at helping crossdressers because of her understanding and compassion.

Wendy me
07-15-2005, 06:22 AM
i don't know but somewere between the fear of shopping and the rush of finding that certen must have item...are what makes us crossdressers tick....some more loudly than outhers.........