PDA

View Full Version : YES!!!!! hehehehehe

Deborah
07-13-2005, 05:30 PM
I finally told my parents although they had suspicions. Totally accepted it. Even my dad admitted being a little feminine sometimes. Sent me money for some new clothes hehe i'm so lucky.
Sent them some of the pictures that i've shown here. Said i looked nice.

:dance:

Deborah
07-13-2005, 05:37 PM
My mother said i look like a tart in this picture. Hehe ;)

http://img69.echo.cx/img69/5750/Three.jpg

Stlalice
07-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Amy,

Glad to hear that your parents are willing to accept you as you are. A small bit of advice where they and any other family are concerned. Go slow and try to dress as low key as you can. From the pics you have shared here you dress up nicely but in order to survive on an everyday basis during transistion you are going to need to blend in rather than stand out. Your mom is right in that respect. Look at the women around you at school and out doing their errands - the majority will be in jeans or slacks - T shirts/sweatshirts/sweaters depending on the weather. Some nice semi dressy/pretty tops are OK too. Comfortable running/walking shoes or sandals. By no means am I telling you that you can't or shouldn't be dressy and a girly-girl when its appropriate to do so - but most times it will get you the wrong type of attention - I reserve the nice dresses/skirts/heels etc. for parties, clubs, church, special events, etc.

As for makeup and hair - see if you can find an Avon or Mary Kay rep to help you select the right stuff to start off with. Many such reps have dealt with transgirls, so be honest with them about your needs and they will help. Or go to the cosmetics counter at a local dept. store for advice. At least until your own hair grows out enough to have it cut and styled you might consider a wig or a partial hairpiece - a good wig shop can help you select something that will work and teach you how care for it.

If you wish, you can PM me and I'll share some basic info on makeup and the like to help you get started - you will quickly find that doing your face every day is a matter of developing and sticking to a basic routine that you can do in about 20 to 30 min. - save the fancy touches for special occasions. Hang in there girl - you are at the stage where the learning curve is kind of steep right now but that will change for the better as you gain experience. :D :D

Julie
07-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Too cool! :thumbsup:

Jonien
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Wonderfull to hear :bow:
could never have told my perants my Dad would have totaly lost control :mad:

Gemma
07-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Good news Amy, :thumbsup:

Chrissycd
07-20-2005, 12:50 AM
stories like this! :)
I hope I have such luck. So far, so good w/ all that know Chrissy.
:)

Deborah
07-20-2005, 01:03 AM
I wish you all the best of luck to those who haven't told their parents yet. I'm such a lucky girl. I could never have told them when i was a child (My father was a firm believer in the belt back then)
I'm very lucky that my father has taken a turn for the better. I figured my mother would be in denial, but then said it was ok. :cool: