PDA

View Full Version : Just Like a Woman

Sasha Anne Meadows
07-22-2009, 01:50 PM
My wife and I are both retired and I now live full time as a female at home. She approves and encourages this

We are both the same size and have similar taste in clothes. Since she retired my wife does not wear nylons or pumps, preferring bre legs and pretty flip flops instead. I prefer the same. In addition, we both have problems with our feet and pumps can cause considerable discomfort. I think the bare leg/flip flop look is quite nice and I know many ggs dress this way at home. I feel like a normal woman.

My problem is my cyber tg friends think I am crazy for not wearing pumps or nylons. I am wondering if other t girls favor or at least appreciate that look.

deja true
07-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Nah!

Everybody's got their own little fetishes, hunny.

Wear what makes you feel comfortable...

(But if you're not wearing leopard print boy shorts, I just don't wanna talk to you ever again!)

;)

Michelle123
07-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Sasha, I happen to prefer nylon stockings most all the time, But...That doesnt really matter dear. It is what you feel good in that counts.
All of us have so many different tastes in clothing styles, and one thing we do have in common, is not to discourage ones choices.
You wear what you enjoy dear. With my blessings.......

gennee
07-22-2009, 01:56 PM
To each their own, Sasha. I don't wear nylons and wear pumps on occasion. Wear what you like and what you feel comfortable in.

Gennee
:)

Joni Marie Cruz
07-22-2009, 02:03 PM
My problem is my cyber tg friends think I am crazy for not wearing pumps or nylons.

Hi Sasha-

Well, there could be reasons to question your sanity, I know I worry about mine and so do my tg friends both off and online, but footwear isn't one of them. I could head over to the closest mall right now and see girls wearing every sort of footgear. Sometimes only heels and nylons will suit, sometimes it's shorts and flipflops that do the trick. Wear what you like hon, I'm sure you look great in anything, I don't think you need any lessons in basic fashion.<g> Love that pic.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Olivia
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Sasha Anne, I'm very casually dressed most of the time. I am dressed almost all the time I'm at home and it just makes sense to me to be casual and comfortable. Cut-off jeans, capris, cute girl shorts are about all I wear at home this time of year along with a large assortment of tops and blouses. It's really hot in Texas for wearing stockings in the summer. You won't find many GGs you will. I don't feel the need to dress to the nines or be made-up all the time, although at times, that feels so great too. After 43 years of dressing up, it's simply the mode I prefer for my lifestyle. :) O

Kimmy55
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I personaaly love the feel of nylons and wear them every chance I get ( if its not 105 here in Texas ),but I do love the looks of Flip flops and bare legs.If you like it thats all that really matters.

jenniferj
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I always worry about generalities, but here goes...

I think that girls whose life provides a lot of time to dress adapt pretty quickly to "appropriate" styles and comfort - that is to say, what "normal" women wear. I feel every bit as feminine wearing curvy girl jeans and a cute T-shirt as I do in a party dress. Well, almost - I LOVE dresses.

BUT, back when the kids were still around and I had to go to work every day, my girl time consisted of a couple of very nervous hours here and there when everybody was out, or asleep. Then I made every bit of the limited time count and got as elaborately dressed as I possibly could. Plus nylons hid my leg hair (kindof) and felt almost as nice as my shaved legs (now) do...

-jj

Mirani
07-22-2009, 03:04 PM
One of the best lessons I have learnt (thanks to my SO Amanda) is the difference between my perception of how women present and how they really present.

I am now happy in slacks, (I didn't even own any when I met Amanda), a touch of makeup, flats ... what no heels!
So, enjoying my femininity now means I dress smartly for work, casually at home and shopping and dress up to go out. I love it.

I dont need stockings and heels to feel right. But I love dressing to go out as well. xx

Marisa_M
07-22-2009, 03:10 PM
My problem is my cyber tg friends think I am crazy for not wearing pumps or nylons. I am wondering if other t girls favor or at least appreciate that look.

That's not crazy at all!

You should dress the way you like and don't care about what others can say. The important is being yourself and feel comfortable.

PheonaP
07-22-2009, 03:17 PM
:iagree: with Marisa and Mirani.

Do as you see fit and wear what YOU want to wear. :hugs:

veryinn
07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Pumps and nylons are overly stressed due to its feminine symbol and fetish-like sensation. In reality, most GGs prefer comfortable and casual clothing/outfit, like what you have described. Of course, you cannot help it if that is your dress code in the respective industry you work in.

Melissa Rose
07-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Sasha, you should dress the way you want to and not the way others want. Why should it be any other way? This cyber tg says it is not crazy. GGs usually dress for comfort and practicality as much or more than for style. If GGs dressed the way many others wanted (i.e., men) most would being wearing low-cut, short dresses and high heels all of the time. :)

Jaclyn NM
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I personally like wearing stockings and heels, but maybe part of my desire is caused by my inability to wear them in public most of my life. I also like wearing flip-flop sandals and do so all the time when I'm in drab, I just wish my nails wear painted, since I love that look.

Cary
07-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Girl, Just be yourself! I love to wear pantyhose and heels, but I don't wear them all the time. Sometimes just the bare esscentials is all I need to feel fem. If your happy when dressed, you'll dress more.:2c:

Holly
07-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Right now I'm wearing shorts and sandals (no heel) and polish on my toes to match my hands. That's my running around, shopping and doing errands look. If course, I love getting dressed to the nines as well. Wear what you feel is appropriate for the situation, Sasha.

Leanne2
07-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Today I went to a hospital sort of close to my home. No, I wasn't the patient. I had to straighten out a problem with a bill that the lady that I take care of had. I wanted to blend in as much as possible so I wouldn't be noticed by anyone that might know me. So I didn't wear a dress, hose, and heels. I wore denim capri pants, a pullover top, small white socks turned down, and ladies canvas shoes. My hair was styled but I wore no makeup. I talked to several people there and feel sure that I passed just fine. It helped that several other ladies were dressed just like I was. Leanne

Joanie_Shakti
07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Pumps have always been a fetish of mine, especially when women were wearing sandals more than pumps and you didn't see them very much. My favorite are Maryjanes. IMO, every woman should have several pairs of them, I know I do. And it was preferable that I wore hose when I dressed.

As the dressing has become less sexual for me and more for relaxation and mental comfort, my priorities are changing. I still enjoy the look of my legs in hose and heels, but time and comfort are a big influence on my outfits now. It's hot here in the desert, 116 degrees F last weekend! I don't go out dressed but even at home, more often than not now, I'm bare legged and barefoot. (Ever since I lived in Hawaii as a kid for a couple of years in the mid 60s, I'm barefoot as much as possible.) Or I wear a pair of cute white flat sandals or gold flat Maryjane-ish shoes that I got at Payless recently (the shoes make my feet sweat though). And barefoot or the shoes mentioned go better with a couple of my newest outfits, mainly a purple denim miniskirt and a paisly "hippie minidress" that I absolutely love.

sharon2
07-23-2009, 10:17 PM
I love the feel of stockings on my legs. i often remark toGGs how they can
wear highheels without stockings.

5150 Girl
07-23-2009, 10:35 PM
:eek: Flip flops?!?! :eek: Those horrible things belong on the beach!!!! Whoever invented those things should be beaten to death wih one!
Now I'm not mandating pumps, but how about a nice leather sandle, or a canvas sneeker?
For shorts in the summer, I supose we can skip the hose, but I feel if one is attending an event to which a man would wear a tie, a woman should be in hose.

Penelope Marie
07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
I like sling backs with a heel of at least a inch. i am 6 feet 1 as it is but those heels make my legs look so good and after walking in them my legs feel good too.

Cheshire Gummi
07-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't, personally, think pumps look good on anyone. Except the Gromble, but he was fictitious, wasn't he?

amandag
07-24-2009, 06:29 AM
You are so lucky to have such an understanding life partner.

Wear what you like and be comfortable.

Amanda

noeleena
07-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Hi .. as its your summer over there . i dont think youll be wearing heavy boots or shoes what ever is nice on your feet is the best .
Hey neat for you & your s o .. . i wear tights & heavy boots & shoes . as is approprate for our weather . long skirts & tops that are warm ..with a warm coat very little make up . & a warm head cover . like a bean.e i.m not a girl.e girl i dress for our time of year .. as i only have women.s clothe.s i.m in them all the time .
Just wear what you like & are happy in .
...noeleena...

Olivia
07-24-2009, 09:30 AM
:eek: Flip flops?!?! :eek: Those horrible things belong on the beach!!!! Whoever invented those things should be beaten to death wih one!

Oooh, now that's just mean!:sad: What would I do without my flipflops!?!? :eek: lol. O

Jaydee
07-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Sasha,
Wear what you want and makes you comfortable. My "girl" time is severely limited, so I normally include hose and heels because I have the opportunity.

Jaydee

vivianann
07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Do what you want, and wear what you want, even though I wear nylons most of the time, I would not tell anybody they should, and not everyone can or should wear heels either.