PDA

View Full Version : Wigs and Color

Lisa Marie
07-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I hope you girls in here can help me. I have blue eyes and dark brown hair and eyebrows. What would be the perfect color to go with that? Angie

kymmieLorain
07-13-2005, 09:37 PM
I could use some help too. Sandy brown/ touch of grey, brown brows, blue eyes.

Kymmie

Ava Mouse
07-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Colors that match your eyebrows are the best place to start. The first thing I notice with my red or blonde wig is that my eyebrows don't match.

I could be wrong, but I think the shade should match your eye shade instead of color. i.e. light colored eyes should have a light colored wig. Dark wigs for dark eyes... But that's just me...

Tristen Cox
07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
I hope you girls in here can help me. I have blue eyes and dark brown hair and eyebrows. What would be the perfect color to go with that? Angie
Unless you lighten your brows you may have to stick with dark wigs. Although I recommend staying away from black if you have blue eyes.

Stephanie Mancini
07-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Blue eyes, choose light browns through to blonde shades, brown eyes suit the darker shades

Steph

GypsyKaren
07-13-2005, 11:59 PM
I think you just have to try on different colors to see what suits you. I'm a strawberry blonde with brown eyes and fair skin, but matching shades made me kind of ruddy looking. I went with a light ash blonde and it's perfect for me.
GypsyKaren

Alison Anderson
07-14-2005, 12:20 AM
I could use some help too. Sandy brown/ touch of grey, brown brows, blue eyes.

Kymmie

Touch of grey? No, no, no, I call them "little blonde hairs!" Is that called denial? :o

Great advice girls! I`m fair haired with blue eyes. I love dark hair but it makes my face look harsh. :(

kymmieLorain
07-14-2005, 11:30 AM
I will have to remember that Alison, thanks.

I was thinking( I know bad thing to do) about an auburn. how would that be??

Kymmie

Melissa A.
07-14-2005, 11:42 AM
I would say eyebrow color is an important consideration, although we have all seen the bleached blonde GG who didn't bother to do a thing with her eyebrows...

For that reason, I stay with brunnette shades, maybe dark red highlights sometimes. I think I look rather fake and strange as a blonde, but that may just be me.

Never thought much about eye color, maybe because I have rather non-descript eyes, color-wise. Kind of a hazel-to-grey shade.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Alison Anderson
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
The pic on the left is the best one I have of my newest wig. It is dark auburn and really just doesn`t work. Strangely though, even when looking in the mirror when wearing it, my eyes look darker and you can`t really tell my eyes are blue. Same with the other pic, this one is actually light auburn and is closer to my natural hair colour and was nice until I washed it to ruin.

Another reason I find it better to go close to my colour is the way I nearly always tuck my hair behind my ears, it seems to instantly make me look younger and feminine, but with blonde hair its hard to hide the dark, hairy little sideburny bits.

But,,, I still want another black wig badly!

My best advice? ,, The other girls are making more sense! :confused:

Amelie
07-14-2005, 12:21 PM
If you have light eyebrows,,, you can always make them darker by coloring them.