PDA

View Full Version : No stampead out the doors

wendy360
07-23-2009, 01:35 AM
I've been planning this for the last couple days and, 1 I can't believe I did it, 2 it went far better than I thought, and 3 it was fun.
If I go out its usually after 9 at night and I go into a residential area about 5 miles from home and walk around. Its a quiet town and I feel safe walking around. But lately I've been thinking about going shopping and tonight I did just that.
I thought I would first go by an ATM and get cash, nobody looks at your ID when paying in cash, and then head over to a shopping area about 10 miles from home. Again safe area well lit.
So tonight I came home shaved my face and proceeded to make myself up. The toughest thing was to pick out just the right outfit. My biggest problem is I like to dress like a ****. Never saw a skirt that was too short. Thought about the postings here and everyone says to dress apropreatly. I finally decided on a red skirt with white flowers that goes to mid thigh and a blue peasant top. Nice and conservative, but it hot as hell in SoCal right now so I wanted something that looked summery.
So around 8:30 I leave home on my little adventure. I drive 5 miles to the next town and pull into the bank parking lot to get some cash and theirs a line for the ATM. I had no idea ATM's where so busy at 8:45 at night. Scared to get out of my car I wait 10 minutes for the line to go away, drive up and get my cash.
Now I'm running a little behind but Target and Kohl's stay open til 10. I got time.
Drive over and Target and Kohl's are right next to each other with just a cosmetics store between. Cool, I can park and walk to both places. Again I had no idea so many people like to shop at 9:00 at night.
Pull into a parking space, sit and evaluate the situation. After about 5 minutes I figure there's more people leaving than going in so what the heck lets go for it.
I walked up to the front doors of Target and a gg sees me, does a bit of a double tale and that about it. Grab a cart and start walking around. The more I did the more comfortable I got. Some people did a double take others either didn't notice or didn't care. I needed some coat hangers and decided to get a few other things while I was there.
Went over to the check stand and the girl at the register was very nice, asked if I found every thing and it was very pleasant. As I left I got some looks in the parking lot but no verbal harassment.
I had time so off to Kohl's. As I walked in I walked by a S/A who wished me a good evening. Not having a feminine voice I smiled as I walked by. Went over and got couple pairs of panty hose and the went to the bath area for a new shower curtain.
Walked up to the front and of course being Kohl's there where people in line for a cashier. I just got in line and waited. A S/A came over and motioned o me hat she was opening a register and I took it. She rang me up and everything was great.
It was scary at first but then the longer I shopped the less I cared or noticed if people where looking or talking. I was having fun.
Oh, and there was no great stampead out the doors.

Persephone
07-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Sounds great! Congrats Wendy, welcome to girl world!

Teri Jean
07-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Wendy the first time out is always a rush. Sounds like you had fun and now is the time to do it again, congrats.

Teri

rebecca_morris_75
07-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Congrats Wendy! Sounds like a positive experience :)

sarahNZ
07-23-2009, 06:41 AM
good on you wendy for having the courage to get out there and do it. sounds like you had a blast in the process.

I only hope my first time out fully dressed in public goes as well as yours did.:hugs:

joandher
07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself,one of the biggest problems going shopping enfem is the suffering of the bank balance ,you just cant stop.:hugs:
J-JAY

Sarah_new
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Well done, and sounds as though you enjoyed it as well. All in all a good evening.

tricia_uktv
07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
YAY, brill. And the next time is? Well done Wendy!

dawnmarrie1961
07-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Wendy360,
Good for you! Your first time out shopping! That's a milestone you will always remember. Started out a little scary but you pulled through it like the troop et that you are and didn't give in to the fear!

When I lived in VA. I often frequented the local Walmart department store. One day as I was standing at the check out I noticed two young cross dressers entering the store. They looked very lovely but what made them obvious was that they a little were over dressed, too much makeup, for shopping on a Saturday afternoon and they were moving through the store like Olympic sprinters. I wanted to go up to them and tell them to "slow down" but I thought that would embarrass them or make them angry at me. I figured this might be their first time out. I thought to myself "They'll learn." Like I did. When you get home and see that you either didn't buy what you wanted to, got the wrong size or paid to much money for it!

Anyway. Kudos to you for your successful shopping endeavor.
Be safe. Be Smart.

Christina Horton
07-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Good for you Hun. The first time is all ways the most nerve wracking. Now the next time will be easer. Try going to a big mall. In the summer with all the kids there will test your nerves. My first time was at the biggest mall in B.C. If you want to read about it to gane the nerve click on the link in my singnature. I had a two day baptism in the fire of a mall of hundreds of people.

But it was so much fun. And still is LOL.