PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in CDing

Phyliss Hdson
07-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Last Saturday myself and a couple of the girls decided we would go out for a bite to eat. We got dressed and off we went, one in a short sundress, one in a long skirt, me in a strait, snug fitting short skirt and all of us in heels. The weather had been good all day so I had not bothered to put the top up. So we thought it would be fun for three girls to cruise around town a bit before dinner. It was great, cool breeze, the guys were checking us out, all was well. About 9:00 o’clock we pull into the parking lot and the top will not up. We make sure the trunk is closed all the way, make sure it is in park, although the book says it should work as long as the car is not moving. Push the button and nothing.
The book says to make sure that trunk top guard is in the trunk is in place, make sure the trunk is closed properly and that the car is not moving. Check for top Indicator top failure light. If this light is on call dealer for service.
By now it is lightning off to our west, which means for us that it is coming our way ( Oh Great )! Now is the time for things not to work. Keep in mind the top has been operating fine for two months. So we open the trunk and as lady like as possible we look in the trunk to see if the guard is in place, it is, Judging by the comments and the whistles from the parking lot as we were bending over to check I am sure our skirts rode up higher than we thought. After checking everything and a few more comments, though no one offered to help, and slamming the trunk to ensure it was shut we again pushed the button, nothing. So we pull out the rental contract, company car, and call roadside assistance, that’s an oxymoron. After several minutes of trying to get through the recordings and being disconnected by the service person, good think it is not an emergency, I reached someone who was actually trying to be helpful. In the mean time you gust it the Top Failure light is on. (take car to dealer for service). Lightening getting closer. Now 9:30. After several more minutes with roadside assistance, who by the way got hung up on by the people at the airport rental office, we are instructed to take the car to airport, fortunately only 15 min away, and trade it for another vehicle, no convertibles available. Not where are you, we will send someone with another car, drive to the airport. Not Good customer service Enterprise.
Well we made it to the airport a little after ten, no dinner yet, without getting rained on. The roadside assistance person had called a head so they had a car for us. We explained what happened and the top failure light coming on, etc, However when we went to show the attendant what was wrong of course the top goes up. Now another attendant is standing beside the car and starts treating us like a bunch of dumb blondes asking us stupid questions; Like are we sure we were pressing the right button, was the car stationary, was the trunk guard in place. I wanted to jump out of the car stand to my full 6’6” look down into his eyes and tell what a real jerk he was. My friend stop me and said no the top is up lets just go, as the car had been rented at a satellite office, and we were starving, it is now past 10:30, and we would get it taken care of on Moday. So we left.
Went to 24 hour dinner and the hostess said follow me ladies and seated us. The waitress promptly asked us ladies what would we like to drink brought us menus and took good care of us,
At least on Monday I will look like the person that rented the vehicle. But they owe me.