PDA

View Full Version : Straight up chicken

Deborah
07-14-2005, 12:13 AM
As i said before my parents gave me some money to buy some femme clothes. I went to at least 10 stores and could not do it. I was dressed in drab as i'm not brave enough to go out still. Sad.

Also i was outside a TG club in my town today and couldn't work up the courage to do it. Oh well one day perhaps. Don't want to push it all so early.

Tristen Cox
07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey Amy? Not everything belongs in the TS section ;)

Julie
07-14-2005, 12:42 AM
It's okay. I moved the thread.

Now Amy, you gotta stop with this silly fear. As Winston Churchill said, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." And there's plenty of that going around! I mean, what would happen if a complete stranger who you will never see again DECIDES you are buying the clothes for yourself? NADA! ZILCH! NOTHING! How long before YOU decide to take control of your life and stop letting others decide what's right for you? C'mon girl, I know you have it in you! Just let Amy do the walking! She knows what's right for you. :thumbsup:

Sharon
07-14-2005, 12:51 AM
As i said before my parents gave me some money to buy some femme clothes. I went to at least 10 stores and could not do it. I was dressed in drab as i'm not brave enough to go out still. Sad.

Also i was outside a TG club in my town today and couldn't work up the courage to do it. Oh well one day perhaps. Don't want to push it all so early.

If it helps, Amy, pretend you're buying clothes for a wife or girlfriend when you go on your first shopping trip. Men buy clothing all the time for the women in their lives.
Others need to help you about going to a TG club, as I haven't any experience with this, but from what I've read here in the forum, it's not unusual to get cold feet on your first visit. The second visit is golden though. :)

cdcheryl
07-14-2005, 12:59 AM
First time I ever bought fem clothes I got such a rush of excitement and then the more I bought the more natural it felt and routine also. If they ever Ask is this for you ask them back does it matter can i not buy it if its for me -that will shut them up. JUST DO IT GO AND FIND WHAT YOU WANT AND GRAB IT AND MARCH UP TO THE REGISTER AND PAY FOR IT. :thumbsup:

JoAnnDallas
07-14-2005, 09:24 AM
You be suprised at how many men buy women clothing and items for their wifes or girlfriends. Most salespersons/checkers will not even care.

Example, look at the lingerie departement around Valintines Day. You will find more men in it than females. BTW, that's a great time to buys stuff.

Emily Ann Brown
07-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I've been buying stuff for my wife since I was seventeen. Sales people are used to men buying for women, especially if it's sexy. My wife buys 4 for $1.99 panties at WalMart. I buy her sexy $10 ones at Victoria's Secret.

If it helps, make a list of what you want with sizes written down. First time I went shopping for my wife I did that because I didn't want to choke up and forget. Ask the person "If she doesn't like this can she exchange it?" I asked that a lot when I started buying for her.

As long as you appear that you are doing something normal, they will think you are doing something normal. My wife worked retail clothing for 30 years. The stories she told were about people who acted suspicious or sheepish. Never about normal acts of shopping.

You can do it. Just be confident !
Emily Ann

Ariel
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
When I first started thinking about buying fem clothes, I thought I could never do that, H##l, I don't even understand the sizing thing. Then, I bought a pair of panty hose (nervous, but did it, no questions asked, either), then, there were several pairs of ........ well, to make a long story short, after the first purchace, it gets so easy. First one is hard because you don't know what to expect, that's all.

Hugs,
Ariel

Wendy me
07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Amy ok i can helpe with the shopping .....trust me i have done just a bit of shopping.....a little scared and nurvise ...ok that works well ...get your size down on a piece of papper...bust , waste...you know the drill ....your skirt size, your top size. and dress size...shoe size...cool got that so far ???cool now somethings you are looking for ...you know skirts ..dresses ,lingerie.....colors you know ....
now ok still scared and nevers good ...(realy it is) got that list cool now that shop that has your type of style you know the one ....cool lets go....ok now walk in there see it's ok ...find a cute gg sales girl ...yes that one .....go over to her say excuse me could you please helpe me ??? she won't laugh or say no....promise....tell her your never had to do this ...your wife or girlfreind's birthday or annerversy is comming up and you want to buy her a "outfit" and some thing real pretty .... and you got some sizes and a list of what "she" likes .....just bet you if you try this you will be right here posting abought how mutch fun you had shopping ......trust me.....

Angela Burke
07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Amy

Store assistants usually work on a commission basis i.e. he more they sell the more they earn.
Believe me salesgirls couldn't care less who you are buying for.
In fact when you've plucked up the courage you'll be pleasantly surprised how helpfull GG's are with advice.
"Faint heart never became a fair lady!"

(That's rather good, I do surprise myself sometimes!)

Love Angela xx

Marla GG
07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
IMy wife worked retail clothing for 30 years. The stories she told were about people who acted suspicious or sheepish. Never about normal acts of shopping.....You can do it. Just be confident !

I concur. I worked in department stores for several years when I was in college. I worked in the lingerie and shoe departments as well as the regular women's clothing departments. Back then I was oblivious to the existence of crossdressers. Guys would come in and buy women's clothes all the time, and it never occurred to me that they might be shopping for themselves. I guess I just assumed the items were for a wife, girlfriend, daughter, mother, etc. Even with bras, which women don't normally want anyone else to buy for them, I would have probably just thought that the guy's wife told him what style and size to buy. Perhaps she was homebound for some reason and couldn't make it out. Who knows? Who cares?

Here's a peek into the typical salesgirl's mind for you:

Yawn.....is it time for my 15 minute break yet?..... God I'm, so frickin' tired....oh crap, a customer is coming up to the register....."Hi, can I help you?"....I'd better get those fitting rooms cleaned up before my b*tchy manager comes back....."That'll be $33.78, may I put it on your card?".....Ow my feet hurt.....

It cracks me up when I see stories on CD forums that say, "The sales clerk looked at me with a knowing smile and I am sure she must have noticed my bra straps/nail polish/garter belt bumps/ladies' blouse." Come on now. Most likely she never noticed anything, and if she did, she almost certainly wouldn't have given you a "knowing smile." She would have pretended to ignore it, which is what most people do.

Anyway, my point is, you are worried about nothing. Get out there and shop, girl!

Anita
07-14-2005, 11:52 AM
with you all the way Wendy That's the way to do it Shops never refuse a sale!
Anita

chloe
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I worked as a sales assistant in the ladies fashion secton of M&S( and I am a CD). I compleatly agree with Marla. People just dont bat an eye lid. You never can tell.. A lot of time the Husband's Wife/ GF are waiting round the corner, while he pays at the check out. Some times when CD'rs came into shop dressed, there'd be some funny comments from the ladies. Nothing too bad, just laughs. ovcourse i felt a bit uncomfotable and pretended to join in. What a hypocryt.