PDA

View Full Version : Female clothes, but as a male

LizSummers
07-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't know how many of us there are, or if there are any at all, but for the most part (most. but not all.), what I want is to be able to wear female clothes, but as a man.

I want to be able to wear a skirt, while still being masculine. Similarly with heels - it's definitely possible for men to wear high-heels and look *GOOD* without looking like women.
like this person:
http://www.bryanboy.com/bryanboy_le_superstar_fab/2007/03/alluring_androg.html
(scroll down)

Hell, similarly with leggings. and eye-liner.
I used to be braver - a few times, I ventured out in heels and a skirt. Less so now - the bravest I get these days is fairly unisex ballet-flats and womens jeans (which fit MUCH better than any of my guy-jeans). At work I wore black nail-polish without any issue.

Is there anyone else out there like me??

GaleWarning
07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I just wish that men had the same freedom as women to wear whatever clothing they felt like.
Have you noticed that most women these days wear clothing which is indistiquinshable from male clothing? Especially in the winter months.
No-one gets upset with them.

LizSummers
07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I just wish that men had the same freedom as women to wear whatever clothing they felt like.
Have you noticed that most women these days wear clothing which is indistiquinshable from male clothing? Especially in the winter months.

This is exactly it! Stick on some converse high-tops, black leggings and a denim skirt, and as a guy, it looks pretty awesome. But still, if I wore that outside, my main concern would be that someone would be about to hit me with a stick.

karynspanties
07-24-2009, 04:07 PM
He looks like an idiot. Sorry, just my opinion. I certain areas, you just might get your ass kicked being dressed like this.

MsSamanthaErica
07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I wish that men had the same freedom as women do in dress as well. One of my dreams is a reverse formal with guys wearing the gowns. Feminine stuff is just to so much more comfortable and elegant!

AZGia
07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
I wear womens clothes almost daily except at work because as a firefighter we all wear the same. I use discretion in my clothes there are times I wear lady jeans and flats or tennis shoes and that is all I can get away with. There are other times I go further all the way to a full get up. You just have to be careful not be affraid and be smart about it.

LizSummers
07-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I wish that men had the same freedom as women do in dress as well. One of my dreams is a reverse formal with guys wearing the gowns. Feminine stuff is just to so much more comfortable and elegant!

haha :D A reverse formal would be fun!
It's a shame, really. Skirts are wonderfully comfortable - I wear a skirt 100% of the time at home, but going to work I'd throw my jeans on and wonder why in god's name anyone wears them!

Ralph
07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
There are plenty of us just like you, Christina! Sure, there are folks here who would go the full SRS if they had the nerve/cash/whatever, and those who want the world to see them and treat them as women 100% of the time - but there are just as many of us who are very happy with the dangly bits and are every inch a guy - who happens to like wearing skirts and dresses. Crossdressing is a big tent, and there's room for all of us in it.

Cary
07-24-2009, 05:19 PM
There are plenty of us just like you, Christina! Sure, there are folks here who would go the full SRS if they had the nerve/cash/whatever, and those who want the world to see them and treat them as women 100% of the time - but there are just as many of us who are very happy with the dangly bits and are every inch a guy - who happens to like wearing skirts and dresses. Crossdressing is a big tent, and there's room for all of us in it.

Well said!:thumbsup:

Nicole Erin
07-24-2009, 05:22 PM
that guy has more of a woman's figure almost.

Jenny Brown
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
He looks like an idiot. Sorry, just my opinion. In certain areas, you just might get your ass kicked being dressed like this.
I agree 100%.

Olivia
07-24-2009, 06:15 PM
The link froze up my computer. Maybe a fluke, but it's worth a head's up.

O

TSchapes
07-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Even though I'm older, I love the androgynous look. It's not for me, but especially on the younger kids, it looks great. There's a similar style like that in Japan but I can't remember what they call it.

If you want it, own it I say! :hugs:

Love, Tracy

Rachael_TX
07-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm in Albuquerque NM on business all week but had nothing going today. I had not brought any fem items with me on this trip. So I went out and bought some sandals, White Capri's a turqoise top, bracelet and and clipon earrings and a pair of sunglasses. I changed into the items and went back to the mall and Kohl's and thought about going into Guitar Center but chickened out. At Kohl's I tried on some dresses.I got a few disgusting looks, but most people just smiled.

andy6432668
07-24-2009, 07:03 PM
>I don't know how many of us there are, or if there are any at all, but for the most part (most. but not all.), what I want is to be able to wear female clothes, but as a man.

I do that all the time dressed in feminine clothes many times in a white sheer blouse in which the bra can easily be seen. I have no desire to try to look like a woman.

Rachel Morley
07-24-2009, 07:10 PM
The guy in your link looks totally awesome IMO. Now this is what I call "real androgyny" ... not my lame a$$ attempt at it :D He looks alternative and he looks like an interesting person to me. Ok, this look is not going to work for many people, (gotta be young and skinny) but scroll down and look at the 5th picture in the second set (the one where his legs are crossed over), If I met this person in the street looking like that I would not know what gender pro-noun to use, how cool is that?! :thumbsup:

Jaclyn NM
07-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I think we should all be able to wear whatever we want. So if I want to wear dresses, stockings, heels and makeup, I should be able to without anyone judging me.

CD Susan
07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I for one liked the pictures and think this guy looked very nice. Sure he was young and had the slim body to pull off this look. Of course there are lots of places in this country (USA) where diversity if shunned and and not accepted. I wish society would learn to be acceppting of everyone no matter what they wear.

As for myself I routinely wear womens jeans and shorts out in public while in guy mode and no one has ever said a thing to me about it. I also have very long finger nails and wear nail polish all the time. It is my thing and if others don't like it then that is thier problem and not mine.

sissystephanie
07-24-2009, 10:53 PM
My dear wife, who always did my makeup and fixed my wig, passed away 4 years ago. Since then I have gone out most of the time dressed totally enfemme, but looking exactly like what I am, a MAN! NO wig and no makeup! Just a guy in skirt! And I go everywhere I would go in drab! Now I wouldn't do it in some of the small REdneck towns here in Georgia, but I live near Atlanta. I go grocery shopping dressed, to the Malls, to the P.O., even to the doctors office, etc. All I get is some doubletakes, smiles, and an occasional compliment on my outfit.

Check out Intertwined's profile. You will find he does the same thing I do. We are crossdressers! We are not trying to be a woman, or even look like one. We just like to dress like they do!:D I love the looks I get when I walk into a restaurant that is new to me, wearing a nice skirt and a top that shows off my natural 40 B's!!:)

All it takes is self confidence and a "Don't Care" attitude. Anybody can develope both of those if they really want to!

Butterfly Bill
07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
I've been unabashedly a man in women's clothes for years. There are people who like the honesty.

sissystephanie
07-24-2009, 11:04 PM
He looks like an idiot. Sorry, just my opinion. I certain areas, you just might get your ass kicked being dressed like this.

Karyn, I have to agree with you. He certainly does look like a idiot, and acts like one! It is people like him who make people think all crossdressers are weird!!

Frédérique
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
I want to be able to wear a skirt, while still being masculine.

It's a shame, really. Skirts are wonderfully comfortable - I wear a skirt 100% of the time at home, but going to work I'd throw my jeans on and wonder why in god's name anyone wears them.

May I suggest wearing a kilt? I do it often, and it has almost the same comfortable feeling a skirt possesses. There are lightweight kilts that are much cooler than the heavy, traditional wool types. You can wear a women’s kilt (which wraps around to the left), rather than a man’s kilt (which wraps around to the right), and skip the sporran (no belts, either). Nobody will know the difference – everyone will assume you’re gay, anyway…
If you start wearing kilts, please don’t stand with your legs apart, arms crossed on top of your belly, declaring to everyone that you’re not wearing any underwear. I hate that! Wear women’s underwear and enjoy yourself – like I said, nobody will notice or care…

Intertwined
07-24-2009, 11:28 PM
That is how I always dress, I call it my 50/50.

There are several photos in my gallery at my profile here, of how I dress in public.

You could also check out this tread about my last outing.

MY Day! (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108941)

Melissa73
07-25-2009, 01:36 AM
i have to admit, i have worn girls shorts with a t shirt top out to the laundry mat 1x before. and under i had a bra and panties and socks and tennis shoes. Even though i thought i could wear them and be male, one guy did give me a double look. But it was quite exciting

Kristen-Gaye
07-25-2009, 04:49 AM
It's not my thing. I figure if you're gonna dress like that, you may as well go the whole way! :brolleyes:

Emma England
07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
He looks okay to me.

It is actually easier to be a man but dressed in women's clothes, as there is no need to worry about passing.

Joanne f
07-25-2009, 11:17 AM
It`s what makes you feel happiest that is important , if you feel happiest just wearing the clothes that you like then do that as there are no rules saying that you have to put on a wig and makeup just to go out in a skirt, dress or high heels.

Jenny Brown
07-25-2009, 12:03 PM
He looks okay to me.
It is actually easier to be a man but dressed in women's clothes, as there is no need to worry about passing.
Ah, but there is the need to worry about getting beaten half to death and ending up in the ICU. But hey, if that kind of thing turns you on...
Face the facts. If people see a male wearing female clothes in public (not trying to pass as female) they will think you're one of three things:
(a)gay
(b)some kind of pervert
(c)an escaped mental patient
If you're OK with any of these. Go for it.:heehee:

Joanne f
07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Ah, but there is the need to worry about getting beaten half to death and ending up in the ICU. But hey, if that kind of thing turns you on...
Face the facts. If people see a male wearing female clothes in public (not trying to pass as female) they will think you're one of three things:
(a)gay
(b)some kind of pervert
If you're OK with any of these. Go for it.:heehee:

The same goes if you are trying to pass and are read

bobbie anne
07-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I am a guy who just enjoys wearing a skirt, this morning I had on my kakhi just above the knee skirt mowing the lawn no one appears to have noticed. Too busy driving and doing their own thing. I actually looked at some cars going by and no one was looking back.

milliek
07-25-2009, 02:14 PM
until men can dress as cinderellas and be accepted, i don't like going the half way..

MissConstrued
07-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Ah, but there is the need to worry about getting beaten half to death and ending up in the ICU.

I'm going to call you Little Miss Ray of Sunshine #3.

Where do you live, anyway? It must be a place where gangs of inbred thugs armed with blunt objects roam the streets and alleyways just looking for someone to pound into pulp. Zimbabwe, perhaps?

It is true that I have no control over what people think of me. "Oh, look, there's a queer!" So what? I see ugly people, I see stupid people, I see people who are unacquainted with soap. Visit a county fair or a Wal-Mart near you... a transvestite would be an improvement. Some things they can change, some they cannot. But I doubt they're real worried about the impression they give me.

Jenny Brown
07-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm going to call you Little Miss Ray of Sunshine #3.
Well, ya know...I'm always glad to help out :heehee:

michelle1980
07-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Me too me too!

A nice sweater or polo, a just above the knee skirt (maybe shorter :heehee: ) and pantyhose/tights are all i need.

Just wish I got to wear them more often.

Emma England
07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
The fear of being beaten is in your head.

I have quite often worn a skirt as a man with no problems.
No comments or reactions at all.

LizSummers
07-26-2009, 03:01 PM

It's a pretty insistent head, though!

my idea of being brave at the moment is checking the mail wearing ballet flats, but no socks! :O I'm working my way up.

High heels, but as a male? Now that's a lofty goal!

Jenny Brown
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
well maybe it's different in jolly olde england than it is in the USA.:eek:

LizSummers
07-26-2009, 06:16 PM
well maybe it's different in jolly olde england than it is in the USA.:eek:

This might be a bit true... I lived in the UK for all of my life up until fairly recently, and went out in a skirt and black pvc high-heeled boots a few times and no one said a word. These days, living in CA near San Francisco of all places, I'm more scared to go out. Maybe it's partly due to just being universall uncomfortable here, or mayb part of it is living in an area where people were holding up "Yes on Prop 8!" signs along the road :/

jenna_woods
07-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I my self never wear a dress our except fully dressed as a women, to me it makes no since.

wetlook crossdresser
07-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes I dress in female clothes outside most of the time but not at work as I wear a uniform and even so I wear female unmentionables underneath as well as knee or thigh high socks and women's sport shoes. Sporting lots of hair and a full beard I definitely look like a male all the time. I guess my approach is androgynous but just as women can wear men-like pants I wear women's pants, capris, and shorts as well as tops that all look drab like. Same with shoes, I don't wear men's shoes at all and my narrow feet work better in women's sizes. Yes on occasion I wear obvious women's fashion ie. skirts and dresses but I do it discreetly and have been getting braver. I swim wearing women's street clothes: skirts, dresses etc. in seclusion but after having obtained permission, I have been doing this with a few other like minded friends during public swims at an area indoor pool for the past 1 1/2 months with no problems. So it can be done. It takes desire over fear, some bravery and discretion and lots of confidence and it feels great thank you very much.
Cheers!:)
Chris

susancheerleader
07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I've gout out with family and friends MANY TIMES wearing ONLY women's jeans, panties, a bra (not stuffed) and a women's sweater. Not one, zip, zero, nada, even noticed.
I felt so good wearing this, and no one noticing.... :)

Lainie
07-27-2009, 09:50 AM
I've also been a man in a dress many times in public--restaurants, shops & sidewalks in Austin, Boston, Cambridge, San Antonio, Houston, The Hague. Staff are (almost all) friendly, customers & passersby (almost all) pay no attention. Scary & fun at the same time.
My problem is that I am not out to family & friends; my wife disapproves; so I only do this where I expect to be surrounded by strangers. :sad:

Jessica Who
07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I understand where you are coming from. The jeans I wear are slim and considerably more tight than what most men wear, but they are still male jeans.

Sarah_new
07-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Interesting thread this and I'm assuming underdressing doesn't really count. Anyway I quite often wear femme smart trousers, especially on shopping trips. The type I chose would pass as male trousers at a quick glance at a distance, i.e they are plain black. Close up though they are clearly femme trousers owing to the cut etc. The advantage of these is that they allow for wearing of heels without being too obvious, which I have done on quiet days.

I've also worn a femme suit jacket, which again could pass at a distance.

However I believe the real test is wearing foundation as a guy. Sure you have to be close to notice and in a busy city/town on the move you are not that likely to be clocked but I'm sure S.A's will have noticed.

shypaula
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
hi, a few years ago I started getting rid of most of my man clothes. I purchased a few pairs of black slacks at Sears. I bought some buttoned tops to replace my golf shirts. When some one notices the buttons are on the wrong side I just tell them I have arthritis and I neeed left handed shirts. 90%don't notice or are too polite to say anything. I wear clear mascara most days and a bit of blush. Most of the clothes are hard to tell they are womens but I know.
It helps

Emma England
07-28-2009, 07:57 AM
However I believe the real test is wearing foundation as a guy. Sure you have to be close to notice and in a busy city/town on the move you are not that likely to be clocked but I'm sure S.A's will have noticed.

If the foundation matches your skintone (as it should), then it will not notice.

Besides, it is acceptable for guys to wear makeup - well, if you are metrosexual at least.

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-28-2009, 08:08 AM
a guy in womens clothes is the only way i dress....
i dont do the boobs or make up or wear a wig,,,

women crossdress everyday, so why cant men

as for heels on men,,,,has anyone looked at a pair of cowboy boots???????????

Cary
07-28-2009, 08:14 AM
I've gout out with family and friends MANY TIMES wearing ONLY women's jeans, panties, a bra (not stuffed) and a women's sweater. Not one, zip, zero, nada, even noticed.

This would be heaven for me! Congrats!

meri
07-28-2009, 08:57 AM
I can't help wonder how many of us would like the simple pleasure of wearing some simple item normally worn by women, but wear it as a guy?

Do we fully dress as women to cover our desire just to don a skirt and go for a walk?

I have been out and about in a skirt, but otherwise dressed as a guy. It's elicited a few interesting comments, but I never felt threatened or at risk. If you are into this, try it out sometime, it's really not as scary as you may think.

BarbaraAnn
07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
I have been dressing totally in woman clothes for the past 10 years. The big difference is I didn't wear the wig and makeup or skirts or dresses in public. I have however been wearing womans jeans, blouses, and nylons, and womans flats of all styles and colors. Yes I do get second looks on occasions but to this day no one has ever said anything to me. I retired this past year and have gone the rest of the way and now wear the wig and makeup out as well. Still no comments but I know I don't pass very well. To be honest at this point in my life I really don't care what anybody else thinks I just need to be me and me is a girl.

vivianann
07-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Nope, not for me, I prefer the total feminine look, makeup and all, and so what if I dont pass 100%, I still get tons of respect for presenting how I wish, and I dont worry about getting beat up, because I am a big girl with enough attitude to kick a bullies ass if I have to while wearing a dress and High heels :D.
That guy is so skinny a toddler could kick his ass.:eek:
While some of you prefer the androgenous look which is perfectly fine, I prefer to look more like a woman.

Jaclyn NM
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
I received a message from Jenny Brown, about my post to this thread, but since she can't receive any messages, I'll just post it here. Dear Jenny, I didn't say that I went out as a male dressed as a female here in New Mexico. I simply stated that if I wanted to, I should be able to, without being judged. That being said, I don't go out dressed any more, because I'm retired, my wife doesn't want me to, and I don't have the opportunity like I did when I worked and traveled. I did like going out very much, and I did my very best to look very feminine, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. And I think I did a pretty damned good job, because if I did get made, I never noticed. In closing, I think that if people can send private messages on this site, they must at least be able to receive the replies!

cd_jamie
07-28-2009, 08:28 PM

in the winter my wife steals everything but my boots! but I cant wear her bras (strap too small)

Intertwined
07-28-2009, 09:09 PM
If people see a male wearing female clothes in public (not trying to pass as female) they will think you're one of three things:
(a)gay
(b)some kind of pervert
If you're OK with any of these. Go for it.

Let’s see, I’ve been to most states in the U.S.A., Yokosuka Japan, Chinhae Korea, Singapore, Jebel Ali, Dubai, Bahrain, Patong Beach Thailand, Diego Garcia, Perth Australia, Fremantle Australia, Hobart Tasmania, and the worst that has happen to me is some nasty comments (most of those came in Australia). I was almost treated like royalty in Singapore and Thailand, and I was quite the attraction in Diego Garcia, being it’s a tiny island in the middle of the Indian ocean, that is a military base, now that was fun.

I have never been threatened, I have been asked to leave by patrons, but, have had the manager or owner come to my defense saying usually something like, her money is as welcome here as yours.

Recently I was in Lowe’s hardware store, Testosterone heaven, as I was paying to leave, I apologized to the lady at the checkout, saying I think my high heels were scaring off some of you manly customers. I can’t remember her exact response, but she said “ don’t worry about it, they will probably be back, and you money spends just as well as theirs does” and then she complimented me on how well I got around on my heels, here is a picture of me in the Lowe’s in what I was wearing.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=9644

Kate Lynn
07-28-2009, 10:08 PM
I prefer heels with jeans,I stopped passing 16 years ago after being seriously injured in an auto accident.
I found this site.

http://highheelspassion.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html

Kate Lynn
07-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Here are a couple articles about skirts and men,I wish I could wear a skirt here,it's so hot during the day.

http://www.eioba.com/a50711/why_men_should_wear_skirts

http://fashion.about.com/b/2009/03/27/men-in-skirts-weird-or-wonderful.htm

k lynn
07-29-2009, 05:41 AM
I wear panties bra no forums and female jeans daily and have for two years now. Dont like dresses wigs or makeup like being a guy but love to wear womens clothes.

jeanine38
07-29-2009, 04:30 PM

I do this frequently and as far as I know, have not been noticed. Some places have Tall options for their styles, so a top or jeans will fit me better and won't look out of place.

Intertwined- good for you for dressing that way!!! Very cool!!!

Jenny Brown
07-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Let’s see, I’ve been to most states in the U.S.A., Yokosuka Japan, Chinhae Korea, Singapore, Jebel Ali, Dubai, Bahrain, Patong Beach Thailand, Diego Garcia, Perth Australia, Fremantle Australia, Hobart Tasmania, and the worst that has happen to me is some nasty comments (most of those came in Australia).

In all threads like this, it seems like the same people posting the same things, over and over.:doh:

Kate Lynn
07-30-2009, 11:17 PM
In all threads like this, it seems like the same people posting the same things, over and over.:doh:

Gee what do you expect them to say in a thread like this?

Ralph
07-30-2009, 11:46 PM
In all threads like this, it seems like the same people posting the same things, over and over.

Wait until you've been around long enough to notice that every thread eventually devolves into a discussion about panties.:rolleyes:

Cheshire Gummi
07-31-2009, 12:06 AM
I can't get over the giant banner ad on the link of the OP for a ten day free trial for World of Warcraft. Interesting choice. Maybe they know their demographic better than I do.

One of my good friends loves androgyny. She finds it more alluring than... just about anything. The less she can tell the gender, the better. Personally, I like it too. I just don't think it's good for me.

What's goin' on with his shoes, though? Is he the androgynous-pirate King?