PDA

View Full Version : Talking about them!

Clare
07-14-2005, 02:40 AM
I have just returned from helping a (older) female family friend fix a printer problem on their computer. We were talking about her Husband who struggles though new technology without reference to instruction manuals.

I found myself saying that 'men can be like that, they never do things the easy way!'

Talking about men in the third sense? Is my mind becoming feminised? Am i starting to think like a girl now? Yes, i think i am actually. I find myself considering things from (what i perceive to be) a girls point of view. At least i now recognise that my thought processes and attitudes are changing somewhat.

Anyhoo, do you find yourself discussing 'men' and their 'ways' as though you are not one of them? That is, in the third sense?

Christine

RachelDenise
07-14-2005, 04:54 AM
I have on occasion uttered the statement "most men are pigs" to a female friend (she doesn't know about RD) and truly meant it. She is always telling stories about how some guy and her ran into problems with his attitude often an issue.

DanaJ
07-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Yes, I have heard plenty of women talk about men being pigs, not paying attention, not being sensitive, not paying attention to what they are wearing, etc.

I have heard men talk about women and complain about them too....

It is all part of the war of the sexes - both sides have their pre-conceived ideas and stereotypes.

To answer your question - I do occassionally talk about "them", but I am joking or just agreeing with a female. I AM a male, and know it :)

DanaJ

Wendy me
07-14-2005, 08:32 AM
yes don't be alarmed your just evolving....

mand
07-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Hello Christine............like Wendy said it's all part of the evolution process love, dont worry about it, it's perfectly "normal" :)
I really do veiw men as totally alien beings now, I watch my son (he's 20 years old) and I am just amazed how he acts and what he does, totally strange macho beahviour. Then I remember how I used to put the act on :o

love mand xxx

Olivia
07-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Honey, don't worry. You're just being assimilated. I do the same thing sometimes. At first, it kinda alarmed me too but now, I just take as, like Wendy said, part of my evolution. Or, is that revolution?! Not too sure at this point, lol. O

Cindy K
07-14-2005, 08:56 AM
dont worry about it, it's perfectly "normal" :)

Cool :)

Jenny Beth
07-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Quite often when speaking with women I refer to men as "they". I keep hoping for some kind of response but so far no one seems to have noticed.

JoAnnDallas
07-14-2005, 09:04 AM
My grand neice mentioned that she meet this boy while on her trip to Spain and I asked her to tell me all about it. Next thing I know we are sitting on the bed and she is telling me all about meeting this boy, and what they did and where they went and how she will miss him. Real good girl talk stuff. She then said "I love you uncle Jo... I can talk to you, just like if you were my big sister."

She made may day big time. I was so touched, that I almost started crying.

She told me things about him that I can tell she has not told anyone else. Like how he turned out to be a real pig at the end.

Stephenie
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
oink oink oink snort snort

hay I thought I told you to stay out when I'm on the computer.

sorry girls my male side just slipped in for a minute.

mand
07-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Awww Stephanie, men are not really pigs, I actually like men they just don't seem very keen on me :(

The fact of the matter is I like men, I just don't want to be one :)

love mand xxx :)