PDA

View Full Version : TS or TG

RobynGirl
07-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been crossdressing for some time now but have noticed things have begun to change. I have been feeling more and more like a woman deep inside. I have feelings of being emotional to the point where I almost cry about people dying, pets dying and other things. I have also felt like the dressing is not enough anymore. I have begun to really hate all of my male parts if you know what I mean. Could all of this be caused by a hormone imbalance? I find myself being turned on by the thought of making love to a man but as a woman would. The kissing, flirting, foreplay, etc. And if I were to be with a woman it would be as another woman too. I had a testicle become non functional when I was twenty due to an illness but was crossdressing since I was seven. I am now fifty six and feel as though I really could hop on the OR table and have SRS and become a woman. Has anyone else felt or feel this way? Is it worth having a hormone test and if so what kind of doctor would I see? I am from Bucks County, PA.

Thanks,
Robyn

LisaM
07-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Robyn,

I don't know if I have felt the same but I have always wanted to be female back to my earliest memories. My suggestion would be to see a therapist and begin to discuss your feelings. Also, try to join a local gender support group and meet some other people like yourself--this can be therapy by itself.

If your therapist thinks you should see a doctor I sure they will suggest that.

I think the Papillion Center run by Dr. Christine McGinn is near or in Bucks County. That would be an excellent place to start.

http://drchristinemcginn.com/

Joanne f
07-25-2009, 01:38 PM
We live in an odd world where we have a physical form that does not match are mental form and that in it`s self can cause a lot of problems, so we look for all the signs and feelings that will tell us we are or are becoming what we desire to be or believe what we really are, and i often wonder if it would have worked the other way around if we had been born with the opposite body .
The problem is that the more we search the more we want and wanting can make you very unhappy instead of being happy with what you have

MissConstrued
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Could all of this be caused by a hormone imbalance?

Yes. You're at the age where your testosterone is dropping like a lead balloon. Your lifestyle, exercise habits, diet, and general health are all factors.

Most things are simple, but with as much confusion as there is around here, it's no surprise that some will tell you it's time to get your junk lopped off.

Recommend you see a nutritionist before you do anything stupid.

RobynGirl
07-25-2009, 02:07 PM
[:brolleyes:

Could my tetestrone level cause people to crossdress? If you had the urge to crossdress before puberty I am really confused??:brolleyes:

Thanks,

Robyn

Teri Jean
07-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Robyn, I have a simular feeling of wanting to transition so I am going to see a therapist soon and see where it takes me. I have done some research in the internet and this past week sat down with my Dr. and discussed this. He was very supportive and is arranging my appointments. Wish you well and I will keep everyone up to date.

Love and huggs, Teri

Kimberly Marie Kelly
07-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm 52, and have crossdressed in some form or another my whole life. I married had children etc., but knew I was different, but did not come to a full realization till within the last year or so, that I was a transsexual. Some TS's know from very early in their lifes and others know they are different but can't define it 100% till they are older. So you could be a transsexual and just starting to realize it. But what is helpful is to seek a good gender therapsit to help you clarify the thoughts you have. Only you can decide in your mind if you are Transsexual.

The recommendation to look into the Papillon Ctr for counseling is a good one. My therapist, Dr Maureen Osborne works with the Papillon Center out of her office in Malvern PA. If you search for the Papillon center and look under the Mental health link you can find information and contact info. She also runs a transsexual support group of many of her patients once a month. If after talking with her, you feel that you are a transsexual and desire to transition, she can refer you to Dr McGinn for HRT and surgery in the future.

The link to the Papillon Center is: http://www.drchristinemcginn.com/

Good luck with your journey. Kim :battingeyelashes:

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Could my tetestrone level cause people to crossdress? If you had the urge to crossdress before puberty I am really confused??:brolleyes:

A drop in testosterone level probably doesn't have much to do with crossdressing in general. A lot of very manly men also crossdress.

A drop in testosterone level may explain your desire to actually become a woman so late in life. From what I can tell, most ts know they are female inside from an early age. It sounds like you're discovering this more recently, as if it was not something you pondered in the past, or at least not with much seriousness.

If you identify more with a woman, perhaps you will eventually feel the need to complete this with SRS. Counseling would be a very smart thing to seek out. It's a pretty serious thing to do and you'll want to be sure you're doing it for the right reasons, and not just a recent change in hormone level or other things that may or may not be long-lasting.

Good luck Robyn. :)