PDA

View Full Version : Something good comes from an accident \ with update

insearchofme
07-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Yesterday I went for a bike ride and less than 2 miles into it I crossed over some railroad tracks that I had crossed 100’s of times before. They don’t cross the road straight across but at an angle. Well my front tire slipped and I went down, hard. I hit head ( broke my helmet) shoulder ( broke my collar bone), then finally my hip. The hip was good, but had been replaced so it was a concern.

After going to the ER and getting taken care of my wife and I were at home and I was bored lying in bed I said I wanted to sit in my recliner but didn’t want to put any underwear on (YES I SLEEP IN THE NUDE) and needed something I could get in and out of easily since my right arm is in a sling and my right hip and leg were killing me. She had to take her mom shopping at Target I suggested she see if they had any 2XL nightgowns I could slip into. She actually thought it was a good idea.
Those of you who know me know that she doesn’t know about dana so this is big. She came home with a black and a coral microfiber gown. They fit and were easy to get into and out of. So I was able to turn a near tragedy into a femme moment. Remember if you ride a bike WEAR A HELMET! If I didn’t I’d have been an organ donor.

I’d write more but since my right arm is in a sling I’m kind of restricted. Also the drugs are pretty good!

Hugs,

Carole
07-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Hope you mend soon Dana!

Joni Marie Cruz
07-25-2009, 01:36 PM
OMG Dana-

Big hug, honey. I hope everything turns out okay and there's no problems. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade, though. Love your attitude, I know you'll be back in the saddle in no time.

Hugs...Joni Mari

pattyv
07-25-2009, 01:48 PM
So Dana- when marathon runners no longer run they get their endorphin fix from bike riding!!!Have a speedy recovery, and be sure to discuss with your wife how you like the feel and texture of the gown.It may open the CD door a little further.
Hugs.
Laura.

Shelly Preston
07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Glad to hear you were wearing a helmet

Sneaky way to get a nightdress :heehee:

Teri Jean
07-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Dana you are so lucky that it wasn't worse. Please take care of yourself and get better.
Give your wife a hug for the gowns and if you wear them enough you never know what she may buy for you next time. lol Maybe a couple bras and matching panties.

Huggs and kisses, Teri

boardpuppy
07-25-2009, 02:55 PM
The best layed plans of mice and men....talk about sneaky, my plans never work out that good. Hope you mend fast. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Hugs,
Alice

Miranda09
07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Get well soon Dana and watch out for those RR tracks!!! :hugs:

Rachel Morley
07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow! ... I'm glad you are ok, thank goodness for your helmet.:thumbsup:

So you want to be able switch from your bed to your recliner without wearing underwear or guys pjs and you need something that's easy to get in and out of .... well, nightgowns sound perfect. I am surprised though that your wife didn't balk, or at least say something, about your suggestion given that she doesn't know about your cding ..... and she bought you a cute colored microfiber one as opposed to a plain cotton one. Still, that's awesome. Lets hope you take a long time to get better ... eh? :devil: :heehee:

MissConstrued
07-25-2009, 03:44 PM
I wonder what you'd have to break to get your wife buying makeup for you. :heehee: That's definitely doing things the hard way.

LisaM
07-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Dana,

I am glad you were wearing a helmet. Keep an eye on how you feel though because the symptoms of head injuries can take months to appear. Things like Hydrocephalus and Parkinson's can be caused by traumatic head injuries---I have a friend who had a similar fall without a helmet and developed both 6 months after he thought he was healed.

Crissy Kay
07-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I am happy that you are recovering!!! Good Luck!!!

kristinacd55
07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Dana, I'm glad the outcome is your OK, esp. your noggin! My best buddy years ago was riding through an intersection at dusk, and got slammed. If he hadn't been wearing his helmet it would've been all over. So your both smart for wearing your helmets! That's awesome the dialogue is now open with ur wife for ur cding, life can be a strange & fascinating twist! Here's to a quick recovery, & don't get hooked on those drugs! Very easy to happen!

trannie T
07-25-2009, 04:13 PM
It is amusing to note that although everyone is happy about your recovery and your new apparel many of the posts are WEAR YOUR HELMET!
I wish you a fast recovery and thank you for the helmet reminder.

TSchapes
07-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Break a leg! And no, I'm not about to break mine so I can wear a nightgown. Seems like it would be too painful. :D

But I'm glad you're OK, and I hope someday you'll be able to tell the little woman. It makes it a lot easier.

Love, Tracy :love: <- Flowers to make you feel better!

az_azeel
07-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Dana sorry to hear about your accident and i wish you a speedy recovery... .. and please dont break anything else as an excuse to go fem.. ;).. :hugs:

Nicole Erin
07-25-2009, 06:52 PM
accidents happen.
seems there was a silver lining on the cloud though.

Since you are able to join us here a day after, that says you are at least on a quick recovery...

I guess being in a sling is gonna be a bummer, but hey, once it is recovered and things back to normal, you won't even think about it and will be back to perfect soon. :)

Tora
07-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Dana, Get well soon. An old buddy told me once, when things happen, you get better, but you never get well. That is not for you young chicks. Heal quick before the government takes over health care.

Persephone
07-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear about your accident, Dana, glad you seem to be on the mend!:love::cheer:

I wonder what you'd have to break to get your wife buying makeup for you. :heehee: That's definitely doing things the hard way.

My spouse suggested getting your wife to punch you in the eye. Should be good for at least foundation . . . and concealer.

Veronica Nicole
07-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Wow Dana hope you get better soon..

Melissa Rose
07-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Ouch! I wish you a speedy, but not too speedy, recovery. Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet.

TxKimberly
07-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Ouch! Well, enjoy the nightgown and the good drugs!

Scotty
07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Hope you heal quickly!!!

Learned in Karate that it only takes 4lbs to break a collarbone - it's a primary target in a fight, as you can attest your arm is not able to do much for a while.

So be careful!!! Those angled railroad tracks are dangerous!!

Julie513
07-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Dana, I want to add my wishes for a speedy recovery as well.

Julie

nvlady
07-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon.
Of course since you're laying around in a nightgown and popping happy pills, maybe you want to get well slow. Your call.

PretzelGirl
07-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Good luck with the recovery. And if the right arm needs to stay immobile as in no slipping it into sleeves, may I recommend a strapless gown? Think your wife would go for that?

Lorileah
07-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Dana

Hope you have a speedy recovery, Glad you did wear a helmet. Now about the microfiber nightgowns...gonna have to look for them.

Get well soon

Kristen-Gaye
07-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Any chance your SO might already suspect? Anyway I'm glad your OK, apart from all the broken bones that is!
K.

DianneW
07-26-2009, 08:57 AM
When I first read your post, I thought you were on a bicycle & did all that damage. WOW! Then after reading the replies I realized it was a motorcycle. RR tracks can be very trickey at times, even if youv'ed crossed them before. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
They still sell mens sleep shirts (nightgowns) but since she choose to buy you womens nightgowns & nice ones at that, I think she might already suspect about your CDing, even a little bit.

Jan Michell Collins
07-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Glad you'r ok !! good thing you had your head gear on . Why not ask for some panties next LOL

Cristi
07-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your spill... There are a lot of tracks on the routes I ride regularly, many of them an very bad angles to the road. I've been known to get off to walk across them on wet days.

I like your solution to the problem of what to wear... now you'll just have to transition that into a long term thing, even after you heal. "Gee, this was actually quite comfortable. Could you pick up a few more for me?" :)

I always thought that the perfect excuse for wearing a skirt would be a broken leg in a cast. It sure solves the problem of not being able to pull pants over that leg! And who knows, after several months perhaps people woud be so used to seeing you in a skirt you could just keep wearing one!

insearchofme
07-26-2009, 10:44 AM
ladies

thanks for ur replies. i'll answer some questions, i was on a bicycle

my wife knows i wear panties almost all the tme, she tolerates it, i'm a bigger size so we don't get them mixed up in the laundry, besides i like french cut

she would freak out to find out about dana, been married 38 years and i know her very well

i am going to push a bit more, i told her i really like the feel, "look, my nipples are hard", lol

i have to be at work tomorrow but that won't happen, my BUSY tme starts in a few days so i need to suck it up

i am going to see my orthopod friend on tues, he's in he same group that did my hip replacements

most of all i do really appreciate all your notes,

hugs,

Granny Gray
07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
You did well in a bad situation.

I learned about RR trax riding a motorcycle. I rode for over 60 years and in that time crossed a lot of RR trax. (Been retired from MC riding for about 3 yrs now because of balance problems)
I found when the trax are not straight across my path, to adjust my "angle of attack" to as near 90° as possible by setting as best as I could and turning to approach the "slick iron" as the best angle possible. Consequently, in my riding years, I did a lot of small "S" turns.
The attending factor to the "S" turn approach is to have the 2 wheeler absolutely vertical when the front tire touches the "iron"

Get well fast. She might be persuaded to obtain some nice microfibre panties for you to wear with the gown... Jaye

dawnmarrie1961
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Dana,
I'm glad you survived you ordeal. Accidents happen. Bike accidents, on the other hand, are inevitable. I've always recommended to people to always wear a helmet. I'm glad you did too. Of course I'm quite the hypocrite, because most of the time I don't wear it. Spare the lecture please. I've smashed my head into the pavement on more than one occasion, been run down by dumb drivers who can't seem to stay on the road, been backed over by cars coming out of their drive ways, ran head on into parked cars & tractor tailers when I wasn't paying attention, had my share of road burn on my shoulders legs & hips, took of half an ear lope, flipped head over heels over the handle bars in front of a police car responding to a cyclist being hit & run by a van, and I'm still here even after refusing medical attention by the ambulance that was called to the scene. Not because I was afraid to go to the ER and get checked out. I just know how to dress my own wounds & fix myself back up. My bike doesn't have brakes either. I took them off quite a while ago because the darn thing seemed to slow my down. I use the Fred Flintstone Method of stopping .My bike has a lot of gears but I only use one. The one that's going to pump with the hardest effort. Works the legs better and it keeps my from going to fast in town. Otherwise I'd wouldn't be aware how fast I was pumping the pedals. And that would be dangerous . I'm keenly aware of the traffic around me. I usually try to do my 10 miles every day but I'm still healing from my last wipe out. It had just rained briefly which felt nice. I was almost home. Didn't realize I had built up so much speed on the straight away. When I took the corner down my road I felt the back end of the bike start to go on the wet asphalt. I was wearing black cycling shorts & top, knee pads and my riding gloves. I instinctively kept my head tucked & drove my shoulder into the pavement and rolled letting go of the bike. Traffic stopped and people were yelling "Are you go, Lady?!!" They freaked out when I just stood up wipe the dirt off my bloody shoulder, picked up my bike and walked away saying "I'm fine thanks." Yeah, I'm a dumb idiot. No, I don't have a death wish. I just believe in living life on my terms. My choice. Incidently , I am an organ donor.

(And the moral of this story is :Don't be dumb like me. WEAR A HELMET REGARDLESS!!)
Be safe. Be smarter than me.

I'm done with my little short now back to yours.

It's vastly ironic that your wife suggested buying you a nightly. That turned about to be a clever twist in fate. You didn't say if she made any remark about how "pretty" it made you look when you were wearing it. Did she comment at all?

insearchofme
07-27-2009, 08:50 AM
my wife didn't really comment. i asked her if i was sexy, we both had a good laugh about it. i told her that when i go back to my job, i work about 4 hours from home and have an apartment there, i was going to get some more gowns to wear there since they feel good and they are easier to wear around the apt.

her only question was what would happen if some one came to the door? i
told her i'd have a pr of shorts and a t shirt handy that i can slip into. she thouhgt about it and said ok. so i'm pushing it taking little steps.

hugs

dawnmarrie1961
07-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Cute. Watch out for the pizza delivery guy.
just kidding.
Happy healing.

Be safe. Be Smart

insearchofme
07-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I went to my orthopod yesterday to get his opinion from my x rays from my biking accident,
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112286

He said things looks good and i should recover well and that I can do anything I wished depending on pain tolerance. Just do the rehab and don't push it.

Secondly, I had mentioned to my wife that I should probably get a couple more night gowns other than the two she got for me to wear around the house. Well on Sunday she got two and when she handed them to me she said that they were pretty femme and hoped I didn't mind. Of course i didn't lol! Unfortunately they didn't fit.

After the DR, appointment she took back the two that didn't fit and got me two more that did and they were equally as femme, ya! I tried them on for her and and struck a pose. She said now you look gay. I told her I didn't and that gay guys weren't looking for guys dressed as i was. She agreed and we let it drop. So with each step there is still some of her old attitude. However, right now I'm not complaining. I get to drive back to work in a few days where I can wear all my new things around the apartment!

So things are getting better but being injured sucks!

Hugs,

PS becausing of brusing my right boob is multicolored, black , blue, red, yellow, green, it's like i should be at a carnaval, lol!

az_azeel
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Dana thanks for the update.. and im glad things are going well... in the healing department.... give your wife more time.. and maybe in a couple of weeks ...bring up the subject of wearing the night gowns and see what her reaction is... good luck :hugs:

Lady JayDee
07-29-2009, 03:43 PM
OMG! Glad to hear you are not too hurt and I wish you a speedy recovery :hugs:

Also glad to hear your a glass half full person and that there was a silver lining to this horrible accident for you!

Penelope Marie
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
that was clever, hope you heal up soon