PDA

View Full Version : confused........................

geri
07-25-2009, 09:12 PM
hi girls,

something came up the other day that has me confused, somewhat.

i had a blood test done and it came back informing me that i was 47xxy or had klinefelter's syndrome.

has anyone had this and do you think it has anything to do with our wanting to transition? i've had opinions both ways........

geri

Taylor186
07-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Chloe Prince was featured on ABC just last Tuesday night. She's 47xxy too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/MindMoodNews/Story?id=8126749&page=1

deja true
07-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow!

There is some evidence that folks with Klinefelter's are more apt to have or act upon trans inclinations.

And having seen numerous Klinefelter's girls at the big conferences, they are often amongst the loveliest and most natural. Check the Klinefelter's Wiki, it'll lead you to a lot more info.

Not all genetic mutations are dangerous or disadvantageous...

I kind of envy you, Geri.

:)

KimberlyJo
07-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Chloe Prince was featured on ABC just last Tuesday night. She's 47xxy too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/MindMoodNews/Story?id=8126749&page=1

I saw this, it was really good. Well I only saw part of it, thanks for posting the link. I'll have to go check it out in full :)

RobynP
07-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Geri,

Was this a routine blood test? Or did you ask specifically for a blood test to discover your chromosomes? I've never had anyone tell me for any of my blood tests that I'm XY or XXYY or anything...

And when they told you that you are 47xxy, was there any explanation or information given to you? Or did they just say, "See you next year. Have a great day!"

Robyn P.

Cheshire Gummi
07-29-2009, 02:22 AM
The 47 is the total number of chromosomes you possess. Ordinarily, there are 23 pairs of chromosomes, but you have an extra one hanging out on the last pair. Looks like:

XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-
XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-
XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-
XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-
XX-XX-XX-XXY

Isn't it adorable? During meiosis, one of the many possible cells that could have been you failed to separate a chromosome. It happens all the time, but either the sperm with the extra chromosome fertilized the egg or, even rarer, the egg had the extra chromosome.

Usually babies with this extra chromosome are miscarried. You're quite a special person.

I just wonder how they'd squeeze in karyotyping to a routine blood test...