PDA

View Full Version : What is the source of your femme name?

Clare
07-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Just thinking about a post i just made.

How did you come up with your femme name? Is it a variation of your real name, a close friend, a famous person, or something you picked out of a baby name book?

I had a previous femme name prior to my Son's birth, but Christine was suggested by my wife one night when discussing AVON purchases. I had asked for some perfume and the missus said 'not tonight Christine' and that's were i got the name from. It sounds good combined with my real surname, so i kept it.

The irony? My wife didn't know about my XDR'ing, so she had no idea of the influence she had naming Christine.

Christine.

Julie
07-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Christine this subject comes up frequently and did so recently, the link below has a number of threads on this subject where the girls have revealed how they come about their femme name.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=294228 (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=294228)

Julie

geegee2
07-14-2005, 06:14 AM
i found my fem name by listening to the song hey there georgie girl and would go around humming it all day so I got named GeeGee it just stuck after all these years :)

jessbcuzz
07-14-2005, 06:17 AM
Ok, mine is off the wall, but it's from Mortal Kombat (Mileena). I'd always play her and loved the name. I wish I could look like her. The only thing we have in common is the black hair (when not CDing) My avatar is her picture.

Tristen Cox
07-14-2005, 06:35 AM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394

My answer

mand
07-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Hello Christine, My full name is 'Amanda Jane Smith', but everyone who knows me calls me "Mand", I like it that way aswell :)

Why Amanda?, simply because I like the name, and Jane? well thats the wife's name I kinda like it :) ....................Smith? it's my real name, there are alot of us about ;)

love mand xxx

Brianne
07-14-2005, 07:55 AM
I didn't pick a fem name until I joined this site. After awhile I decided I needed one and I used a baby name site to view girl's names. I liked the sound and spelling of Brianne plus it my initials the same. BTW, it feels great having a name for my fem side.

Luv,
Brianne

Lisa Marie
07-14-2005, 08:03 AM
I asked my mom what my name would have been if I would have been born a girl. She told me Angela Marie or Christina. Both my cousins have thoes names so I decided to become Angie. :)

Olivia
07-14-2005, 09:08 AM
I loved the Pauline Reage book, "the Story of O". And, in my town there lives a woman, mid-70s by now, who was always so pretty and classy and well-groomed. Her name was Olivia. Hmmm, thought I, that's a nice name and I could shorten it to just "O". Hence, Olivia was named. Thanks for askin', O.

JoAnnDallas
07-14-2005, 09:13 AM
I went a long time trying to figure out what my femm name was. then one day I was writing my full name and noticed that if I took part of my first and middle name, it cam out as Jo Ann. So I became JoAnn. So I guess you can say I feminized my drab name.

janice4ever
07-14-2005, 09:16 AM
:) I pick my name from a girl who has a great body and personality. then my middle name change it from male to female and that's how I got it, Janice Michelle . Wish I had her body and looks too. :)

Krystal Lee
07-14-2005, 10:08 AM
I thought about my fem name for quite a while and nothing sounded right, all sort of artificial like you could see right through the name. Kind of like looking through glass or crystal so......Hugs Krystal.

Melissa A.
07-14-2005, 10:39 AM
I just always liked the name Melissa. To me, it is very fem and pretty. The A. means...nothing! There was already a Melissa here so I had to do something!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

AllThingsPretty
07-14-2005, 10:40 AM
My wife named me maggie. she said the name fit my attitude, go figure, lol

Deborah
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
My mother recently told me she would have name me Deborah if i was born female. I like it but i had already picked out Amy before hand. Cute preppy cheerleader feminine name.

Wendy me
07-14-2005, 11:00 AM
given to me a halloween party years ago by a gg that could not call me my "him" name while i was dressed up like a biker bitch ....she said you look like a Wendy ......

kymmieLorain
07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
mine came from a sales contact I saw at my last job. she had sent a fax and signed it kymi I just modified it a little. Lorain is just out of the blue, need a middle name. Kymmie is a good name for a schoolgirl too.

Kymmie

Brittney M
07-14-2005, 01:17 PM
My name is one that I have always loved.

uknowhoo
07-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Gosh, I didn't know I needed a midle name...

Anyway, Tammi is a variation on my male name, plus I've always liked the name. I just kinda made up my femme last name "Snow," it sounded sweet and femme.

emmicd
07-14-2005, 10:37 PM
My wife actually took the first initials of my name, her name, our son's name and our last name to spell Emmi. She uses it as her e-mail address. I liked it so I decided to use it as my femme name.

Emmi