PDA

View Full Version : True Courage

Magickman
07-26-2009, 01:57 PM
There I was again, last night, out at a singles social dance party. I was dressed up, in a short denim mini skirt and stiletto boots.

But that doesn't really take courage; mostly just attitude.

I saw a fellow at the dance, though, who manifested some genuine courage and positive attitude. He was wearing shorts, so I could see that one of his legs was entirely made of aluminum. Yes, a guy with a metal leg out at a dance party.

It is not such a brave thing to dress unconventionally, especially compared to that other dude.

Tracii G
07-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Well good for the both of you.
Did he ask you for a dance?

Olivia
07-26-2009, 02:05 PM
You said it Magickman!!:thumbsup: Thanks!

Olivia

trannie T
07-26-2009, 02:06 PM
And he may well regard you as being couragous. He has no choice as to his leg, he probably looks upon it as another part of his body and as a nuisance. He could have regarded you as being courageous for you choice of attire.
I admire both of you, him for his ability to overcome adversity, you for your willingness to fully express yourself in public.

Nicki B
07-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I regularly see a girl (who likes skirts) who has one leg with a titanium pin in, the other is completely plastic (from two seperate accidents. She's still a biker, in her fifties. She doesn't see it as courage, more as T says above, what other choice does she have?

Courage, to me, is when you scare yourself silly - but still do it, again and again; rather than just being bloody-minded, or thick. I'm squarely in the latter category..

dawnmarrie1961
07-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Mag,
Kudos to both you and the guy with the metal leg. I'll bet you both cut a mean rug that night.
I have genuine respect for people that put aside petty fears and enjoy life. What kind of music was playing? And did you dance with this fellow or not? Doesn't mean anything if you did. Two people can dance together without it meaning anything. It's just dancing.

Be safe. Be smart.