PDA

View Full Version : Cold reminder

NaughtyMichelle
07-26-2009, 05:46 PM
On this site, the biggest arguments are usually over skirt length, heel height, or maybe wearing white after Labor Day. But sometimes reality does slap you in the face. I was recently doing a search for a certain pair of heels, and one of the items that popped up was a YouTube video with a self-described crossdresser modeling some shoes. Nothing spectacular, just video from the knees down. However, the first response was what caught my attention. After the usual "faggot" and "homo" remarks, the poster then said he would "murder" (his words) any man insulting his gender like that. It's amazing how seemingly easy it is for some people to go from dislike, to the willingness to take a life over something like that. I don't want to spark another self-defense/safety thread. It's just a sad reminder of what anyone who is "different" still has to face. We should all be very greatful for a safe and welcoming place like we have here.

sissystephanie
07-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately, there are a lot of weirdo's out there! We probably all are at risk every time we venture out in public. But then, we are at risk no matter where we are or what we are doing. The murder rate may be high in some areas, but more people die from other reasons.

I go out all the time dressed enfemme, but no wig and no makeup. So I am still a man! Guess maybe I am not "insulting my gender?":D In closing, I will say if some one wants to murder me for dressing,they better have a gun and shoot first. Otherwise, they are the one who is going to get hurt!

GBNatarii
07-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Stephanie on this one.

If some one walks up to you one the street and wants to start crap, well then, he or she is going to have to learn the hard way that there are no rules in a street fight. Don't act surprised and more pissy sissy than me after I've shoved a knife in ya.

On the internet though, stuff like that is pretty easy to ignore.

Frédérique
07-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I was recently doing a search for a certain pair of heels, and one of the items that popped up was a YouTube video with a self-described crossdresser modeling some shoes. Nothing spectacular, just video from the knees down. However, the first response was what caught my attention. After the usual "faggot" and "homo" remarks, the poster then said he would "murder" (his words) any man insulting his gender like that. It's amazing how seemingly easy it is for some people to go from dislike, to the willingness to take a life over something like that. I don't want to spark another self-defense/safety thread. It's just a sad reminder of what anyone who is "different" still has to face. We should all be very greatful for a safe and welcoming place like we have here.

Hi Michelle!
These are similar to the YouTube comments I stumbled upon (see “Boy becomes girl”). It’s all very disturbing to me, but, at the same time, I am so glad I’m different. That phrase “insulting my gender” would be more accurate as “you’re reminding me of my own insecurity,” which, for this unfortunate male, seems to be under attack. He’s truly unfortunate because a key to his own enlightenment is right in front of him, yet he’s blinded by his own aggression. Poor booby…

sheridan
07-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, there are a lot of weirdo's out there!...Really?! Where?!

I go out all the time dressed enfemme, but no wig and no makeup. So I am still a man...

I go out in womens clothing all the time too, usually just jeans,t-shirt and sneakers. I still get the Rude remarks and typicall homo comments. I learned to ignore them, as I realsied a long time ago that I will most likely only see that person for that one or two seconds in my life and they arent worth even responding to. The internet creates its own courage as people know they wont have to answer for their actions (in general). I dont see any point to even replying to these peope as this is what they desire znd remember no one can hurt you without your permission.

Alice Torn
07-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Last week, for the second time, I was very menly insulted, and blasted, called lots of names, by a poster, on my HotorNot profile. I had ads on Craigslist, too, and had a lot of responses, who just want to meet for you know what. One guy got real mad, when i decided not to meet.

MissVirginia-Mae
07-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Its sad that in this day and age, people are not more accepting of our or any lifestyle.
:sad:

Barbie1970
07-27-2009, 03:40 AM
It is a cruel world out there...Be safe

boy2girl31
07-27-2009, 04:07 AM
I posted a video on youtube 2 days ago (type boy2girl31 in search it will find it) and I have not gotten any comments either good or bad. I have to agree with you though that we have to be careful.

Blaire
07-27-2009, 05:06 AM
After the usual "faggot" and "homo" remarks, the poster then said he would "murder" (his words) any man insulting his gender like that.

It's amazing how anonyminity offers such bravery.

Perhaps he just learned to walk upright, and is feeling particularily pleased with himself?

Jeanna
07-27-2009, 05:07 AM
That phrase “insulting my gender” would be more accurate as “you’re reminding me of my own insecurity,” which, for this unfortunate male, seems to be under attack. He’s truly unfortunate because a key to his own enlightenment is right in front of him, yet he’s blinded by his own aggression. Poor booby…

I agree

lesley jay
07-27-2009, 08:13 AM
I am bigger than most guys so if any prick out there calls me a homo i will knock him out or just shoot him and feed him to a crocodile,we can get away with that in Africa.

Melinda G
07-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I go out all the time dressed enfemme, but no wig and no makeup.
That is clearly asking for trouble. A little common sense goes a long way!:eek:

Starr
07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
When i hear of a crossdresser being insulted in public i remember something the the Drag Queen Charlie Brown who use to perform in Atlanta said. "Hey I am just a big old conutry boy in a dress and if I need to I can still kick yout butt"

goofus
07-27-2009, 11:48 AM
On this site, the biggest arguments are usually over skirt length, heel height, or maybe wearing white after Labor Day. But sometimes reality does slap you in the face. I was recently doing a search for a certain pair of heels, and one of the items that popped up was a YouTube video with a self-described crossdresser modeling some shoes. Nothing spectacular, just video from the knees down. However, the first response was what caught my attention. After the usual "faggot" and "homo" remarks, the poster then said he would "murder" (his words) any man insulting his gender like that. It's amazing how seemingly easy it is for some people to go from dislike, to the willingness to take a life over something like that. I don't want to spark another self-defense/safety thread. It's just a sad reminder of what anyone who is "different" still has to face. We should all be very greatful for a safe and welcoming place like we have here.

The man doth protest too much, methinks, if you get my drift...

AthenaSama
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
As Blair said, anonymity offers a protective blanket they cling to express their opinion (something I spent plenty of time thinking about when I saw the overabundance of hurtful comments on peoples videos). The internet brings people out of their shells (Good and bad) and they are much more confidant to express what they have on their mind, though it doesn’t mean that they will actually do things they say they would. When I think about it, I don't think many (A VERY low percentage might) would murder someone since they are able to comprehend the consequences from it (Unless they are someone who cannot).

I’m not saying that there is no danger from those kinds of people, but what they say and what they would do is two different things entirely. I certainly wouldn't expect someone randomly down the street to shout out "Faggot" but seeing all those comments, you would be forgiven to believe that there are many people like that. YouTube concentrates all those kinds of people who have something negative to say and sends out the wrong message. Most people (I cannot speak for every situation and people, though I never got anything directly. I knew some would talk behind my back [Transsexual and I presented myself differently to the rest of the boys in college]) would just make jokes under their breath to their friends, behind your back (Unless you’re in some of those troubling areas where you are not physically safe) or get stares.

I wouldn’t take any of it to heart though. It’s just an irrational fear of something they do not understand. I always wondered in schools and colleges, when they would teach me about tolerance, accepting differences etc. I guess they leave that up to the parents and parents may leave it to the schools (Or everyone just forgets). Oh well.

I go out all the time dressed enfemme, but no wig and no makeup.

To each their own. I don't think its fair to say "A little common sense goes a long way!". No-one should expect to be attacked since people have the right to dress the way they want (Unless there are laws against it, which is just silly -.-). You can avoid that siuation by conforming to what others do (Maybe you only want go so far), but if that was the case, then people can say, "Crossdressers/transsexuals in general put themself in danger, a little common sense (I.e. Conform to social norms to keep yourself out of danger by not doing anything) is needed". I don't think people would really accept that as a viable alternative, I know I wouldn't.

sometimes_miss
07-27-2009, 05:52 PM
It's easy to say we'll stand up and fight anyone who starts trouble; the problem lies in the extended problem. Homophobic idiots often have friends that don't want them beaten up, especially when said friend is a little bit drunk, which is most often when one of these nuts is likely to be obnoxious and in the mood to pick a fight. Think first. The guy you beat up while you're wearing a dress is most likely going to be the guy who hits you in the back of the head with a baseball bat sometime in the near future because he feels embarrassed by being beaten up by a 'pansy', and he wants to extract his revenge.
It's a crazy world out there. And, few fights are won 'fairly'.

Watch your back. And if something seems like it might become a dangerous situation, it probably already is. Always play it safe.

Bev06 GG
07-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes Ive met these kind of people in meetings at work. Very small minded and insular in most aspects of their lives. I guess theyre to be pitied more than anything because generally speaking they dont seem to have many friends and are not the most charismatic of individuals. I think most of their cruel and hideous remarks are attention seeking because thats the only way they can get people to notice them.
Take care
bev

AKKaren
07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
I have run into some insanely cruel people here in Fairbanks that think anyone that doesn't see things as they do should not exsist.........and that is one of the reasons there's a small can of mace in my purse and pickup!!:rolleyes:

Tasha McIntyre
07-28-2009, 06:48 PM
You'll always come across knuckle dragging bogans (thats Aussie talk for rednecks). I firmly believe that they are in the extreme minority, but nevertheless still quite dangerous, especially when combined with alcohol and others of the same type.

We just have to be mindful of our surroundings when out and about.

Keep safe :)

Nicole Erin
07-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Hah, some people are really e-hard on youtube.
Their typing is SO intimidating. :brolleyes:

Yeah I can imagine some squirt who is e-hard over youtube is going to risk his freedom over something silly. Think about it, what if he got stuck in a cell with someone who looks like Mark Henry off WWE? What if the Mark Henry was feeling erotic? I mean come on. is anything in this world worth doing time over?