PDA

View Full Version : Sister stated no forgiveness for who i am

dancer1
07-26-2009, 11:21 PM
She found out about my CD and can not forgive me for the selfishness that i imposed on her, and that as we grew up i was her rock and her rock didnt apear in a dress. She wrote a letter of discuss and was a last time she spoke with me.
Now five years later as my son heads back for his second tour of duty in iraq,
he was on leave and stoped by her house, and questioned why we never talk about each other or vist, and he racalled another time where we there for each other, so she cryed and could tell him, so he asked me and i told him that the answer right now would only cloud your judgement and in a combat sisuation you need to focus on your mission.
But i will resolve the issue and things will be like they were befor when you return home.
The first time i have ever had to lie to him how selfish is that of me, once again she proves her point.
So i went to her house to say hello and see if there has been a change in her impression of me. And she said no that she could never accept it or share the concept on any leval.
And asked me to leave and said telling my boy would only hurt him as much as i hurt her.
I never meant to bring her into Nadeens life, and it was a mistake on my part and by mistake she found out and i only question if i was forthright would the outcome be differnt.
It has now become a issue with my wife since my son left and he asked her and she said she failed to correct a charector defect in me 24 years ago but that would not be the case anymore when he come home.
So she demanded that every thing of Nadeen existance disapper from the residence or live that way of life somewhere else.
How it sucks to be me right now but i come back to this forum tonight cause it not a way of life its just me.
I have found the comfort of this forum and to be able to share and i dont know what tomorow will bring but in the interm i would like to say thanks to every one here best wishes to all. Love Nadeen

MissConstrued
07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
She found out about my CD and can not forgive me for the selfishness that i imposed on her,

So just exactly what is it she won't forgive you for? What is the nature of the selfishness you imposed on her?

Inquiring minds wish to know.

Marcia Blue
07-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I feel for you. It is a shame that your sister is so closed minded. She could at the very least ask that it not be brought up again, and let sleeping dogs lie. I have a sister who is a lesbian or really appears to be. Every time I see her she looks more and more butch. She has never come out to us, yet. She has had the same SO for over 25 years.
Most of the family considers them a couple and we invite them to everything. I hope your sister reconsiders.
Huggs (you need a lot of them)

Melissa Rose
07-27-2009, 12:15 AM
:sad: I hope your sister has a change of heart and recognizes you are the same person regardless of your desired outer appearance. I feel for you. Having a loved one shun or reject you is painful. You will always be accepted and loved here. Perhaps tomorrow or the next day will be better. Big hug.

Angie G
07-27-2009, 12:31 AM
I sorry to hear your sister is being this way. It's not right your sister won't At least try to understand why you do what you do. Just ermember your not a bad person.:hugs:
Angie

Andy66
07-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Wow. I don't want to say anything mean about your sister and wife, but... wow.

I think a lot depends on how tolerant of people your son is, and how you tell him what's going on. Yes -- how YOU tell him.

If he doesn't know, there's no telling what horrible things could be running through your son's mind - things much worse than the truth. Do you want him trying to do his job while wondering? And don't you think he'd rather hear it from you than from your wife or sister? He'll probably hear about your crossdressing eventually one way or another. It's your choice whose side he hears first, and how brave or spineless you appear.

MissVirginia-Mae
07-27-2009, 12:35 AM
I hope someday soon your sister can recogize you for who you are....
Stay strong, Sweetie :love:

Aubrey Green
07-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Sorry for the bad case senario. Acceptance is the hardest with family. They will accept or not. It has been 5 years, continue to be who you are. She will see you are the same person she remembers growing up. She just did not know when you two were younger.
My prayers are with your son also. May he return safely. A friend my mine's brother is going back for the 3rd time in Sept.

:daydreaming:

Bethany38
07-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Nadeen, I know that you are having a hard time of this, but this reaction you are getting from your Sis is not a fault with you. It is a fault of hers. This as we all know is something that cannot be changed, if we could I am sure some of us would have a long time ago. I wish that you are able to find some sort of comfort. Know that as long as this place is here there are understanding souls.:hugs:

sterling12
07-27-2009, 01:13 AM
I always try and apply a simple question for this type of situation.

If someone loved you, would they ask you to amputate your arm? Especially when there is no disease in that arm and it harms no one. Asking you to give up your femme-self, is the same type of demand. It's only going to hurt YOU, probably make you crazy, and it's not going to help them.

If your sister felt betrayed by you many years ago, she's a grown woman and it's time to get over it. Your both growing older and I would think that it's important that you two have some type of relationship for your remaining days. Everything else is not important compared to that simple fact! You are not a serial killer. On the face of it, I don't understand her obstinance.

Why your wife is suddenly making demands is unclear. But, you have raised a son to productive manhood, and I would imagine you have been a pretty good spouse, or you wouldn't have been together this long. Maybe it is your wife who needs to make a choice? Once again, love doesn't make demands...it only tries to find compromise and to further love. I wouldn't settle for anything less than that.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Cheshire Gummi
07-27-2009, 02:50 AM
Stand up for yourself, Nadeen! You have to! If you let her convince you that you're "defective," then you just become one more story the bigots can wave in our faces of someone trying to "recover" from being "one of those people."

Mollyanne
07-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Hi Nadeen, I read and re-read your post trying to find a reason or a bunch of them as to why your sister has this hateful attitude towards you. I can understand her if she said she didn't ever want to see you dressed but this is not the case here. Her utter disregard for you is appalling and should NEVER happen!!! I also find your wife's attitude of demand is on the same level. When things quite down a bit try to discuss this situation w/your wife and see if a compromise can be worked out. What ever the outcome you will have to talk to your son and be honest w/him as to what happened within the family when he come home from Iraq. I wish you peace and happiness as you certainly deserve both.

Mollyanne

Sarah_GG
07-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Very sad. And it wasn't her place to tell your son who I'm sure he'll be a lot more broad-minded on the issue than your sister. Please don't feel bad. You are who you are.

PetiteDuality
07-27-2009, 05:48 AM
I wouldn't judge the sister too fast. She just doesn't know much about CD. She thinks that this is something that her brother is doing that hurts them and that could be easily avoided buy him. She just is not aware about what CD really is.

I'd suggest to have a long talk with her, explain things, give her material to read. Reaffirm that you love her very much, that you can still be her rock if she wants. That your love for her has not changed or will not changed, even if her love towards you changes.

Don't trade her incomprehension for another bad feeling from you. You'd be doing the same thing than hers.

Teri Jean
07-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Your sister and wife are closed minded and no you are not being selfish. The other side of the coin is your son does need to keep his focus while he is overseas. You are right not to cloud his mind and during the time he is gone it would be good to resolve as much as you can. But do not bring him into the discussion if all possible. It may seem like you are lieing to him but he will be fine and understand no matter what the outcome.

Teri, Navy Vet

TSchapes
07-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Did it occur to you that your sister was selfish in blaming you for the breakup? Then compounding the problem by saying it was something mysteriously wrong with you? Planting all kinds of horrendous notions in your son's head? And your wife does the pile on...character flaw? What the heck is that?

Both of these fine upstanding examples of people have forgotten about your son and his feelings. Especially when he's about to embark on such an important mission. I'm so concerned about what's going through his head right now.

This kind of stuff just drives me nuts. I'm sorry I'm ranting, but if more people were out and at least out to their SO prior to marriage, etc. This kind of thing would not happen. And if your wife did knew prior to your wedding vows than she's got more explaining to do.

Nadeen I hope you are able to come out of this. Truth may be your only option.

Love, Tracy

mklinden2010
07-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Why do you need her forgiveness? What did you do to her besides live your own life?

As Steve Martin would say, "Weeeeell, excuuuussseee meeee!"

Meanwhile, why are YOU being so forgiving of her unkind and unloving behavior?

And..., beating yourself up all this time in the process?

If she can't get over that it's not a perfect world, if she can't accept that you can be as different as anyone else, if she wants a relationship with you only on her terms - just do without her.

Seems like you pretty much are anyway. What a crab.

As to your son and wife - defuse that problem.

"Honey, relax. Nothing about me, us, him, her, has actually changed. Chill."

"Son, I've very proud of you. You're a fine young man. Now, me... I have to tell you something about myself and I'm hoping you can overlook what a lot of people might think is a huge flaw. But, just because I'm your Dad doesn't mean I'm not a man with pluses and minuses. I, uh, well, it's silly really, but..."

With any luck at all your son is seeing plenty of life in his deployments and to his seasoned mind and eyes, this may not wind up being the "big deal" he was thinking it might be between your sister and yourself. Given that he's dealing with life and death daily, he may decide his aunt, all things considered, is being pretty petty about what you do on your own time...

Thanks for posting.

Good luck.

dawnmarrie1961
07-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Nadeen, I'm sorry you feel that you had to lie to you son. I also feel sorry for your sister because she doesn't really see the big picture.

I have a big sister that is in the military. We went in at about the same time back in 79.I helped her get into shape for it.while I got out after my 3 yr hitch she decided to make a career of it. Met her husband and started a family. She's already 4 tours in Iraq and she's there again right now.

A few years back when I was going through some problems she let me stay at her place in VA. She was never aware of my cding when we were growing up and was even more shocked when she saw me now. She asked me why I had done all these things to myself. I told her that this is who I've always been . She wanted to know more so she spent a lot of time on line researching and trying to understand. when I explained to her about this being my "choice" she got very anger. She could not understand why somebody would chose to put themselves and their family through this kind of thing. When I showed her how easy it was for me to find employment and interact with other people she found it to be "amazing". Her husband on the other hand didn't feel comfortable having me around. Understandable. So I quickly got my own place. When my son moved up to stay with me, because he wasn't getting along with his mother and little sister, my sister got to see and hear first hand what kind of problems my choice had caused for my son. Even though my son would say to me that he OK with me, even though he didn't understand, when he talked to my sister he would focus on the negative. She started to become very angry with me told me I was "selfish and a bad father." She stopped talking to me after that.

Point is: No matter how hard you try to explain yourself some people just aren't ready to "get it" yet. Even sometimes the ones you wish the most would. That's the sad part. The hope is that some day they will come around. Just keep trying. But don't expect "acceptance" from them. Expect it from yourself. Accept the things you can't change and chip away at the things you can. Chip away with LOVE. You will be surprised at the outcome.

Be safe. Be smart.

LisaM
07-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I feel sorry for you, Nadeen. You have done nothing wrong outside of being yourself---we don't have a choice in this. I am not going to say anything bad about either your sister or spouse but I wish they can learn a little bit more about this gender condition--it might open their eyes.

MJ
07-27-2009, 10:02 AM
I feel so bad for you sis. my brother and sister feel the same way about me.

so i understand :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Julogden
07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Nadeen,

Sounds to me like the selfish one is your sister. Don't beat yourself up over this any more. She's the one that needs to do some changing.

Carol

Jessica Who
07-27-2009, 10:14 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your situation, but don't feel guilty for being you. I think your sister has a bit of growing up to do, for she is the one being selfish.

Family members should show each other unconditional love and although it is not always easy, it is something that must be done.

Ranma
07-27-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I hope it all works out well for you. Sorry i don't have any Sage advice.

mklinden2010
07-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't get this canard of "choice" that keeps coming up, even on these pages...

What does it matter if you chose it or not? Who cares and why should they? It just is... Leave it be. Chose not to talk about choice as if YOU would chose anything else. Your preference is yours alone - only you need wonder about it. And, you don't have to that if you don't care to.

Until recently, most polls indicated vanilla was the favorite ice cream flavor. It apparently is now number 2... Did anyone ever ask why more people liked that flavor and did anyone ever try to defend their "choice" when they indicated a flavor? It would be nearly pointless to try - and you'd only care if you sold ice cream anyway, or, wanted Dad to buy your favorite instead of little sister's... Mostly though, it's just a matter of how you're put together, what you got used to, what you "like" and so forth. Nothing more. As for God, God oughta know what we're all up to and God seems content to leave us be. Sound familiar?

If you think about it, two kids arguing over "Which is better.. chocolate or vanilla; ford or chevy?" is going to sound a lot like these unimportant, non-vital arguments about crossdresser or not, gay or straight, pota-toe/pota-taa. That three kids could argue and that two of them might "out vote" the other isn't proof of anything but that 66% is a defined majority. It's not really a "win" of any kind and doesn't make for right OR wrong.

Freedom is the word we use to allow people free choice in how they engage in THEIR "pursuit of happiness."

So, give it up, folks. It doesn't matter why you like something, it's that you like something. If you chose anything, you chose to do what YOU like and you have no more chance of changing yourself than you do of changing anyone else.

Live free or - live less free. Free is better... Go for that.

TxKimberly
07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
From what you wrote here, you did NOT lie to your son. Refusing to answer his question does not make it a lie. You declined to answer his question AND you gave him a good reason for doing so. Out of all of this mess, that is nothing you should feel bad about.
My older brother knows about me but my big sister does not. I have been obsessing about telling her before she finds out from my brother or his daughters (who he told with out asking me) and now I'm scared. I'm about 90% sure my sister would not react as poorly as yours did, but 90% is not positive.

I'm so sorry - I wish there was some advice I could give to make it better for you, but damned if anything comes to mind. Stay strong, keep your head up, and keep plowing forward - that's all I can tell you, and all I do myself when confronted with bad situations that are beyond my ability to resolve.

Gerard
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I read you're in a terrible bind, and I hope you find a solution. I don't fully understand your story though and I have some advice that might or might not work.

She found out about my CD and can not forgive me for the selfishness that i imposed on her, and that as we grew up i was her rock and her rock didnt apear in a dress. She wrote a letter of discuss and was a last time she spoke with me.If I understand it correctly, your sister is disgusted by the idea of you crossdressing to the point that she doesn't want to talk to you? And before this little fact was known you were really close? Did she run into you while you were dressed or what happened? Is it the CDing itself, or the fact that you never told her? It sounds like it's not the entire story.

Now five years later as my son heads back for his second tour of duty in iraq,
he was on leave and stoped by her house, and questioned why we never talk about each other or vist, and he racalled another time where we there for each other, so she cryed and could tell him, so he asked me and i told him that the answer right now would only cloud your judgement and in a combat sisuation you need to focus on your mission.I don't know your son either, but on the one hand this will leave him with a lot of questions while serving, on the other hand the military isn't a very accepting place for deviant behaviour. How do you think your son would react? He is younger, but neither the profession, nor the conservative attitudes of the rest of the family give me much hope.

But i will resolve the issue and things will be like they were befor when you return home.That might now not happen.

The first time i have ever had to lie to him how selfish is that of me, once again she proves her point.I think you were lying to protect him, which is a good thing. I still don't understand what your sisters point is.

So i went to her house to say hello and see if there has been a change in her impression of me. And she said no that she could never accept it or share the concept on any leval.
And asked me to leave and said telling my boy would only hurt him as much as i hurt her.I think in the end with what has already happened, you'll not be able to keep it a secret from your son. He will want to know. Having secrets with people that close, that they know about, will drive a barrier between you.

I never meant to bring her into Nadeens life, and it was a mistake on my part and by mistake she found out and i only question if i was forthright would the outcome be differnt.It doesn't seem so, the problem seems to be her image of you, not that you kept something secret from her?

It has now become a issue with my wife since my son left and he asked her and she said she failed to correct a charector defect in me 24 years ago but that would not be the case anymore when he come home.Ow. That must have hurt a lot.

So she demanded that every thing of Nadeen existance disapper from the residence or live that way of life somewhere else.Those are big words. I feel for you.

How it sucks to be me right now but i come back to this forum tonight cause it not a way of life its just me.
I have found the comfort of this forum and to be able to share and i dont know what tomorow will bring but in the interm i would like to say thanks to every one here best wishes to all. Love Nadeen

I glean two things from your story:

- The people around you are very conservative. Not only that, but the kind that if something doesn't fit into their world image, they want it to disappear so they can ignore it. It's a kind of attitude I find really hard to grasp, especially when concerning loved-ones. You are in the middle of it, that makes it very hard.
I can see the Pope thinking that as long as he tells that pre-marital sex is bad, then teen pregnancies won't happen. But real people should know that the world doesn't work that simple. Even Sarah Palin had a pregnant teen daughter.

- You don't seem to be very good with words. This will make it even harder on you, especially when talking to the women in your life, as they usually are better at those kinds of things.

I also get the impression that you are very insecure, and that you blame yourself for everything that has happened. Given what little I know, that doesn't seem to be the case. It's more the inability to accept you as who you are by your sister and wife that is the problem. But then I don't know their side of the story.

Now I don't have any real advice, just a couple of ideas to help you handle the future.
1) If you want to tell your son, maybe write a letter for him to read when he comes home. I think it might give you more time to find the right words and he will hear your version before he hears what your wife and sister think. There might even be people here who can help you write it.
2) Determine who you really are. From what I've seen on this forum, the CDing for most is a part of what people are and not something they can really stop doing. Accept who you are. Maybe hide it to avoid upsetting other people, but don't be ashamed of it.
3) Determine if you want to try and repair your relation with your wife, sister and son. You will have to confront them in a very painful way. Again, writing things down and using a letter might help. Make sure that it's clear to everyone (especially your son), that it's them turning you down, hurting you and themselves. As far as you're concerned you would want to continue just as before, nothing needs to change, right? Make them understand that you can't live a lie.
4) Really make clear to yourself what your options are. Are you willing to try and live without it, knowing that probably it will be a lie and make you unhappy and come back to haunt you? Do you think that would be a happier life than living without your wife (and son?) if it really would come that far. It's a hard choice, but the discussion with your wife will be much clearer if you know which option you prefer in the end. If you want to stay with your wife no matter the restrictions, then in the end you'll have to accept that she has control of the discussion. If on the other hand leaving her is an option to you, your position in negotiating with her is much stronger. It's a hard bargain and it will hurt either way. You will also need to find out if she still wants to be with you, so you know what the negotiating space is.

I wish you the best of luck. My first advice would be to try to write that letter to your son, even if you end up burning it. It will help you find the words to tell who you are. In the end it is about who you are and if they can accept that. If their minds are so closed that they rather hurt themselves and you than accept the reality, then you should not blame yourself.

Finally I want to say that if the problem is that you lied to them who you are, then you are to blame. But it seems that the problem is that they can't accept you as you are, and then they are to blame, it's their own closed minds.

I hope you will find a solution. In the end it's confidence in yourself that leads to happiness.

stephaniesacd
07-27-2009, 07:00 PM
as I read thru your post. I cannot imagine what kind of supposed selfishness you have imposed on your sister by just being who you are. I also have a son in the marine corps. who is shortly due to deploy for his second tour in Afghanistan and I have to agree with your decision to not answer his question prior to his deployment. It sounds to me as if your wife knew about (in her words) your character flaw 24 years ago and is just now wanting to do something about it. It is not a character flaw and if she knew about it, she has at least as much explaining as you do. I wish you all the best and hope it all works out better than you hope it will.

dawnmarrie1961
07-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't get this canard of "choice" that keeps coming up, even on these pages...

What does it matter if you chose it or not? Who cares and why should they? It just is... Leave it be. Chose not to talk about choice as if YOU would chose anything else. Your preference is yours alone - only you need wonder about it. And, you don't have to that if you don't care to.

Until recently, most polls indicated vanilla was the favorite ice cream flavor. It apparently is now number 2... Did anyone ever ask why more people liked that flavor and did anyone ever try to defend their "choice" when they indicated a flavor? It would be nearly pointless to try - and you'd only care if you sold ice cream anyway, or, wanted Dad to buy your favorite instead of little sister's... Mostly though, it's just a matter of how you're put together, what you got used to, what you "like" and so forth. Nothing more. As for God, God oughta know what we're all up to and God seems content to leave us be. Sound familiar?

If you think about it, two kids arguing over "Which is better.. chocolate or vanilla; ford or chevy?" is going to sound a lot like these unimportant, non-vital arguments about crossdresser or not, gay or straight, pota-toe/pota-taa. That three kids could argue and that two of them might "out vote" the other isn't proof of anything but that 66% is a defined majority. It's not really a "win" of any kind and doesn't make for right OR wrong.

Freedom is the word we use to allow people free choice in how they engage in THEIR "pursuit of happiness."

So, give it up, folks. It doesn't matter why you like something, it's that you like something. If you chose anything, you chose to do what YOU like and you have no more chance of changing yourself than you do of changing anyone else.

Live free or - live less free. Free is better... Go for that.

Mary,

Unfortunate as it may seem. Because we live in a world the is inhabited by more than just ourselves and we "chose" ( The key word being "choice") to interact with them on a daily basis we have to sometimes see things from their prospective in order to understand where exactly they are coming from in order to establish lasting relationships with them. Otherwise we are all just ships on the ocean of life. Acknowledging each other only to avoid collision. Which can lead to a very lonely existence. Because we make the "choice" not to sail by our self. We "chose" to be a part of a fleet. Collision is therefore inevitable but manageable. Freedom on the high seas only gets you so far. Then you spring a leak. If you are sailing by yourself who are you going to ask for help when you need it. Doesn't mean you have to give up you ship. Just means you're "human".

Be safe. Be smart

MsJanessa
07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Its your sister who is the problem here, not you----cding is not a character defect---look at Bev GGs post in the thread below---it looks to Me that both your wife and your sister are extremely closeminded---one could understand a wife being upset about it---they after all have to live with it----but a sister not accepting it, particularly when its not "in her face" is a little over the top---sounds to Me like she's a bit of a control freak---but that's life--we can't chose our relatives--and for what its worth--I think you handled the situation well. andBTW when a spouse starts giving ultimatums, it may be time to take them up on their take it or leave attitude and leave. Just my two cents.

dancer1
07-27-2009, 10:27 PM
I was just writing back to Kristen Kelly and told her how much i love and feel loved for who i am by everyone here. And today was long and still not over so here iam with understanding in the most emence measure on earth with all in this forum that have never even met me in person and they care about Nadeen And for that reason alone my tears are that of joy for your compassion and friendship. I will have to deal with the situation but just as i need my son to focus i need to focus on my work too i have built up a customer list of nice people who i care about thier homes and family and well being, and its has nothing to do with money at this point ,my father once told me the measure of person ability to achive trust and respect will insure him a list that will fight for pole barers position. My dad past on and he was right, there was no empty space available carrying him up the hill.
Love Nadeen Thank You ALL

Crysten
07-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow. Well, what's to be done? Seems she's given you an ultimatum. "Either change yourself COMPLETELY or you can forget your relationship with me".

My response to ultimatums being thrown at me is generally not so good. Sounds to me like she has WAY more issues than you have.

Maybe there are other underlying problems here? Maybe ignorance on her part? Why were you her "rock" growing up? Is she unstable/insecure?

1. Tell your son. There is no good time, you just have to do it.
2. Talk to your sister. "I love you" is a good way to start
3. Be yourself. If she doesn't like it, well, oh well, her choice

Crysten

Ediosa
07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Nadeen,
I have to agree with most of the girls here. Tell your son, talk to your wife about ultimatums, and your sister tell her this, "I love you, but if you can't get over this situation, then there is no reason for us to ever talk again, this is something that you have a problem with, not me. I will be here when you want to talk about it. I love you and good bye." Other than that, there is nothing to be sorry about and you haven't lied.

Bev06 GG
07-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Did it occur to you that your sister was selfish in blaming you for the breakup? Then compounding the problem by saying it was something mysteriously wrong with you? Planting all kinds of horrendous notions in your son's head? And your wife does the pile on...character flaw? What the heck is that?

Both of these fine upstanding examples of people have forgotten about your son and his feelings. Especially when he's about to embark on such an important mission. I'm so concerned about what's going through his head right now.

Love, Tracy

My sentiments too Tracy well said. I'd be very concerned now if I was the Auntie of someone who was going off to do such a noble thing that needed absolute concentration and focus of mind and I'd acted so selfishly with my send off. Lets hope he's mature enough as a soldier to put everything to the back of his mind and concentrate on the job in hand because distraction is the last thing he needs right now.
I'd be very cross with my sister for being so selfish as to consider her own needs over and above her nephews at such a critical time, whatever must she have been thinking. There are times when its OK to be angry and take the bull by the horns just so long as that anger isn't personally directed and vindictive toward your sisters attitude. Your relationship may never recover with your sister but I think the main thing here is to assure your Son that there is nothing wrong with you and this gulf between you and your sis is purely down to lack of education and fear of the unknown on her part.
If you do decide to tell your son, and you know him better than we do, dont make excuses or make it sound like something dirty and sordid. It isn't something to be ashamed of and hidden away , it is just an alternative lifestyle which you happen to enjoy. To be honest I think that any man who can donn a dress and stand up to be counted has more balls than your average regular guy. Although its ok to be angry at your sister dont be too harsh on her unacceptance. In her mind she has lost the rock that she depended on, sounds very much like she is actually very insecure herself and needs strong people in her life to lean on. I guess your best hope here is to try and convince her that you still are the person that strong person that she so depended on, but making excuses and cowering away isnt going to convince her of that. Stand up to her in a gentle way and make her realise that you still are and could be that Rock that she so misses and that taking the stance that she is doing is only serving to drive you further away.
Take care and hope things work out OK for you
Bev

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-28-2009, 01:15 AM
its just clothes people,,,,,,

your sis is the one whos bein selfish,,,,

:2c:

Joy Carter
07-28-2009, 03:10 AM
This is why I keep it a home. I'll never tell my family. My heart goes with you sister. :hugs:

Joanne f
07-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Your sister has it in her mind that it is what you are doing is the thing which is stopping her from speaking to you therefor it is you that is stopping her (in her eyes), so you could try and turn that around so that she sees it is herself that is blocking things between you , by going to her and saying , i respect your wish`s and thoughts on the matter so i will stay away from you as that is what you want .
Then maybe and it is just a maybe your sister might start to realise it is her that is stopping things between you both .
Now i do not know if you done the right thing or not with your son as that is for you to judge as you know him best, but in my experience it is better to know something rather than having to guess or spend a lot of time thinking about what it might be as we always seam to think the worst when we dont know the truth .