PDA

View Full Version : The voice in your head is male!

JennMW
07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
"Male and female voices affect brain differently
Scientists at the University of Sheffield have explained the differences in the way the male brain interprets male and female voices, explaining why people who hallucinate and hear false voices almost always hear a man. It also sheds new light on the way the brain processes voices to produce an `auditory face´ that allows people to determine aspects of someone´s physical appearance based solely on the way they sound."

http://www.shef.ac.uk/mediacentre/2005/422.html

I'm guessing that I'm an exception, the voice is my head has always been female. Now if only the voice others heard me speak was also female!

Melissa A.
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks alot Jenn, just great. Now you've given the voices in my head something ELSE to argue about. :p

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Wendy me
07-14-2005, 11:30 AM
jennifer voices ?? ok yes i do i have 5 voices,,,,

one "him" want's me do bad things and be "him"

and four of them want to sing happy songs and go shopping......

Emily Ann Brown
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Wendy,

Majority rules !

Emily Ann

Tristen Cox
07-14-2005, 12:32 PM
If I had a dollar for everytime someone told me what and who I am....

Sorry, FEMALE! GEDDIT!!!!!!

Kimberly
07-14-2005, 12:46 PM
heh - Tristen :p

My voice is male... :(

But that's coz it emulates my real voice, and always has.

Alison Anderson
07-14-2005, 01:07 PM
OMG the voices! :) only the other day I was taking some pics and changing wigs ie names that go with the different styles; Jen and Wendy. Then I put back on my "Alison" and was about to put the camera away when suddenly without any concious thought I heard "But I havn`t had any pictures yet!" It took me a little by suprise but amused me as well.
I guess it is probably a male voice but softer and of a female temperament :confused:

Wendy me
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
OMG the voices! :) only the other day I was taking some pics and changing wigs ie names that go with the different styles; Jen and Wendy. Then I put back on my "Alison" and was about to put the camera away when suddenly without any concious thought I heard "But I havn`t had any pictures yet!" It took me a little by suprise but amused me as well.
I guess it is probably a male voice but softer and of a female temperament :confused:

so thats were i went???

Stephenie
07-14-2005, 03:07 PM
The Voices say that you are not suppose to let other know. That others won't understand and will make you take the bad Medicine again. You don't want that do you. No we needed not think so.

The voices in my head are very nice they said so.

StephanieCD
07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
The voices in my head are very nice they said so.

that made my day.

My voices can neither confirm nor deny my existence.

FionaAlexis
07-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Don't know that I've ever had 'voices' in my head inasmuch as I don't seem to link any 'audibles'

I think most of my thoughts and daydreams, when I tune out, are gender neutral or maybe female. But I also know when I've been in conversations with women about 'mere males' - I don't feel insulted or obliged to leap to the defence of the male gender. Or even feel connected to that gender.

But then neither do I feel particulary like joining in with a 'yes we women are..' - so I think I'm pretty gender detached now.

Fiona xx

Clare
07-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Interesting.

So do GG women hear phantom voices in their head as a 'males voice' too? I couldn't determine that from the article.

Christine

joni-alice
07-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Met a colleague in a store the other day and,for the first time, I realized I was affecting a male voice. This led me to wonder, if I think I am affecting a male voice, what does my real voice sound like?

jo_ann
07-15-2005, 04:30 AM
I don't have voices in my head.. Yes you do! Who said that? I did! Duh, of course you have voices in your head... Hey, who are you? I'm the other voice in your head :)

Tristen Cox
07-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Have your voices contact my voices then talk to the other voices and get back to our voices....

WTF? :help:

Wendy me
07-15-2005, 07:01 AM
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/8544/newfolder012jpgresized2up.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Lisa OZ
07-15-2005, 08:36 AM
It was the voices that told me to wear Pink & Red

RainyHaze GG
07-15-2005, 08:47 AM
My voices have always been female. I am not sure about other GGs.

Rainy

Stephenie
07-15-2005, 10:01 AM
"It was the voices that told me to wear Pink & Red"-Lisa Oz

Lisa, those voices were male.