PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a month away from dressing

Alice B
07-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I just got back from a month in Peru where I could not dress at all. I had to remove my toe nail polish and could not shave at all, except my beard because I was sharing a room with my son-in-law for several days. While I have been in this situation many times before, this time I found it extremely difficult. Most of my trip was at heights in excess of 11,000 feet and often to 15,000 to 16,000 feet. The air was so dry that I look like a dried out lizzard. Especially my hands and feet, even though I used moisture creams several times a day. I can't wait to have my hand and toes done and to have my toes nails painted again, but the damage to them is excessive from all the climbing I did. My legs and arms have several cuts and nicks and now I will have to wait a few days to shave my legs or I might bleed to death. Truly a bummer.

While my wife accepts my dressing, she has made it clear that she does not want me to shave my arms again, which eliminates wearing blouses and tops without long arms. Another bummer. The good news is that I was able to buy a great necklace and matching ear rings and a bracelet. Can't wait to be able to dress and show them off, if only to myself. Thnaks for letting me rant. :hugs: Alice.

az_azeel
07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Alice sounds like you had a wonderfull time ..apart from not being able to dress... im sure the pleasure of being able to dress will be more enjoyable after your break ;)

Teri Jean
07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes Alice the abscense makes the heart fonder and you will heal. Question I have is if your wife is "supportive" why does she not want you to shave your arms? Just a question.

Teri

Alice B
07-27-2009, 07:29 PM
My wife loves to run her hand thru my hairy arms. It has always been a turn on for her, which is good. But, I love being able to wear tank tops, etc during the summer months and hair on my arms seems to take away the female feeling. The hair on my arms is blond, but it is also thick. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Yes the trip was great and it will take me months to go through all the images I shot. 22.5 gigs in raw format. But I want to be shaved, in a skirt or short dress, girly top, make up, forms, wig and painted toe nails while I sit at the computer for hours and hours working in PhotoShop. We travel a great deal and have 6 weeks of diving Indonesia coming up soon. Will have lots of UW images to then go thru. Life is tough, but I'll survive.:heehee::heehee:

Kayla Shadows
07-27-2009, 07:37 PM
A month away from everything is a long time.Hope you enjoyed yourself though :) It will certainly feel good to get your nails back in shape and nicely painted.Waiting a couple days on the shaving is a good idea if their that bad.We dont want you bleeding to death on us either.Sorry to hear she said no more to the arm shaving though.That's a bummer too.Atleast your back and have a nice new jewelery set to be happy about :) That is always a good thing.Enjoy yourself hun :hugs:

Georgia Rose
07-28-2009, 05:19 AM
An answer to not shaving your arms may be to do what I do and use a body shaver but with an attachment that leaves around a quarter of an inch of hair. Works ok for me but I suppose it would depend on how dense your arm hair was. Mine is not all that thick.

PetiteDuality
07-28-2009, 06:56 AM
An answer to not shaving your arms may be to do what I do and use a body shaver but with an attachment that leaves around a quarter of an inch of hair. Works ok for me but I suppose it would depend on how dense your arm hair was. Mine is not all that thick.

What Georgia Rose said, only that if you wife likes your hairy arms you can try shaving with the trimmer in the direction of the hair growth. It will reduce hair density, but you won't have a set of same length straight hairs, which makes evident the shaving.

Alice B
07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I think even using the trimmer would not work. It might leave stubble, which she hates. I'll just go along with her wishes for a while and at some later date shave them again.