PDA

View Full Version : GG Needs guidance please....

nicky22
07-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone. I am so grateful to have found this forum. I could really use some advice.

I have been in a great relationship with the most amazing man I've ever known for a year and a half. About 2 months into the relationship I noticed my panties disapearing so I asked him if he knew where my panties were going. Right away he shows me where they are...he had been collecting and stashing thm away. So I said alright...just ask and you an have them. Next day, he unzips his jeans to show me he's weairing a pair and says, I just wanna feel something that was next to you next to me. I say...that's awesome, which has led to a very involved panty situation..which I actually like. Then...he starts wearing my clothes at home and attributes this to feeling naighty and I'm also fine with that.

Here's where it's starting to get a little complicated for me to handle. I inedverantly discover a wig collection, breast forms, shoes, make-up..the whole thing. He doesn't know that I know. I travel quite a bit for business and this happenned right before I went on the road for 2 weeks. Which was good because I was able to have my freak out on my own, otherwise probably I would have caused some sort of unhealthy scene. During that time I searched the internet and read everything I could about crossdressing, have calmed down a bit and am trying to get some perspective.

I am out of town do to a family thing and am going home this weekend. Deciding that I need to get him to show me this other side completely, I made the suggestion that maybe we should go shopping for a wig and other things cuz it would be fun. He jumped on that.

So now I am again having a bit of a freak out because I am fine with the underwear and lingerie and my clothes and stuff but am a little worried about what the next step is going to hold. I'm not sure I'm prepared for the full on experience but I love him so much and want him to do whatever it is he needs to do and embrace it. But I don't know how to handle it. Plus...I know that he already has all of thie stuff he's now all excited to shop with me for and I hate that he won't just come out with it and tell me. Althoug I think that the comfort level of doing this together might be what he needs.

Sorry about the long post but I am very nervous about fully seeing him as her and really love him and am worried about how I am going to react to her. How do I do this? I do feel even closer to him now but terrified about what's to come at the same time. Not sure I am ready for this. My biggest worry is that now that I have given him permission it's going to take over and change our relationship. I can totally see him as being a submissive woman and I'm not sure I know how to handle that either. But I love hime and I'm in this no matter what but help. How do you deal with a girlfriend and boyfriend in the same package? I know that seeing him in a wig is gonna be pretty dramatic. Plus he's a big athletic guy so it's a little hard to picture.

anyway...sorry again for the long post. Any advice would be so apprecited.

Nicky

Joanne f
07-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Hello nicky and welcome,
well if you are not ready for it then say so and you ask if it is going to take over you relationship , i can`t truly answer that but from the sound of what you have said i would hazard a guess at yes it will as if what you have said is right then he is well into it already and sorry to say but the "i wore them because they are yours is one of are biggest excuse`s when we get caught.
Anyway it seams like you are happy to go quite far with it so tell him that and enjoy but just take it at your pace as his was set long ago .

CharlotteW
07-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh wow! What a fantastic lady you are, he's a very luck man to have found you.
I have to pop out now to do a job but I'll be thinking about this question whilst I'm out, I'll post my reply later.

Take care.

Charlotte

Sandra
07-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Nicky

I've got to get sorted for work so not got the time to post a proper reply, so I'll catch up tomorrow.

In the mean time have a read of this forum and check out the Loved Ones section, on things for sure you've come to the right place for advise and support.

celeste26
07-28-2009, 12:25 PM
What you've got there is a full on crossdresser, denials aside. "The Talk" should probably be done while he is dressed in his male clothes and in as comfortable situation as possible. Based upon what you've written it seems like you are as supportive as a person can be and that's good.

But as of yet you dont know where his head is in all of this. Many of us are in denial about our own activities so it would be worthwhile to explore his head on these issues , find out just where he is coming from but insist upon complete honesty, and accept it when he declares that he doesn't even know for sure. That is the most likely response he'll offer you. He might even suggest that you should take the lead and that is throwing the question into your lap, and if you are willing then go for it, but it shouldn't stop there.

It may take some time for him to begin the process of opening up and consider it an act of "exploring" this activity instead of some burden that must be born. It might not though. Is he a member here? If not then you should introduce him to us all and with a thousand friends that both of you have here you can discover many things

Blessings

Philipa Jane
07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi Nicki22
You have related a similar situation to my own.
My GG has the same concerns about how much I have in my closet and how this could affect our relationship.
I do think you both should read the post on "How to tell your Partner".You can find this at the start of the forum.
My partner and I talked and I have told her everything about how I cross dress.We are still working on the why.I am sure at this stage she does not want to see me dressed but if you are Ok with this let it happen.
Finally "See the person not the problem"
Philipa Jane

Holly
07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
First of all, :welcom:, Nicky. Second thing, take a deep breath.

Let me say right up front, that I think you are doing just fine. You've shown a lot of care and compassion by researching to see what your BF is involved with. Now it's his turn to step up to the plate. Your discovery of his wigs, breast forms, etc., would appear to indicate he has an interest in things feminine. You are certainly entitled to know how deep his interests are. You are equally entitled to set boundaries as to how far you are willing to be a part of or participate in this part of his life. Set those boundaries right from the start. How about this for a starter...

Choose a time when the two of you will have several hours of uninterrupted time together, perhaps an evening. Prepare a nice meal around a relaxed atmosphere. Start a conversation along the lines of, "I think it is so special that you want to be so close to me that you wear things that are mine. It makes me feel that there is a special connection between the two of us. But I would be being less than honest with you if I didn't tell you that I am worried about where all this may be leading. I do want to understand and to support you because I love you so much. But I need you to tell me about this part of your life so I can see just where I fit in." Of course, you should only do this it that is truly the way you feel. But from looking at your post, it looks to me as if that is where your heart is. You've been together for a year and a half; by this time, you should both be able to share your feelings with one another without fear. Please let us know how things work out. :hugs:

Blaire
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Hello Nicky, and welcome!

I bet he's a little unsure. You sound almost too good to be true. Usually it's the other way around :)

The great thing here is that you get to make most of the rules, and one of those rules is setting limits. What "next step" are you worried about? You need to be able to answer that for yourself before you offer a blank slate to him, otherwise you may find yourself regretting it, and there's not really any going back. There can be an evolution of sorts with where "things end up" over time.

You deserve a great deal of kudos for doign the research, finding out all you can. It's awesome! But you also have freak-out on your mind, so a cautious step is needed. I think going shopping is a big icebreaker, maybe too big. You have to be careful: he's been semi-sneaking for what to him are all the right reasons, and coming on too strong too quick may seem like you're out to embarass or entrap him. Something more in-house may be more appropriate to start breaching his walls. Something simple, dramatic, and private would be to have some lipstick under your pillow to slip on him next time you're intimate (if you're sure YOU are up for that). It can be difficult from his point of view to see you at face value, and realise that's all there is. You sound very supportive, so be supportive.

The key things here are to let him know that you're ok with him wearing the clothes and the like. You sound like you're nervous with the full-meal-deal of forms, wigs, and the less superficial things - use the limits that are your right to set to take that at your own pace. How do you deal with both boy- and girl-friend in one package? How do you deal with 2-for-1 sales? It's that much an advantage for you if you're able to integrate the two into your life.

It will take time and patience on both your parts, but anything worth anything takes time, work, and patience. A relationship like yours definately sounds like it's worth something. Remember that Expections - Realisations = Disappointments. Baby steps!

RachR
07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Nicky,
Remember communication is key to any relationship. There's no need to directly confront him about the collection of things you found. As you say, you care dearly for this man so if you want to find out where things are going you have to ask. It's a scary ordeal for sure, but it has to be done. Nothing good will come from not talking about it.

One idea that he my have already is that you're ok with the whole thing. This idea has been most likely drawn out indirectly by allowing him to wear your underwear and clothes. You've expressed concern that you're not entirely ok with the whole situation, but by allowing/encouraging his actions he may take it as a sign of you being ok with everything. Something else to consider is that he was trying to slowly get you used to seeing him in female attire before telling you the whole story. It's hard to share something seens as "socially unacceptable" to people we see as "normal" but we still care about them and want them in our lives.

If you really do have genuine concerns that it will effect the relationship then you need to express them. If you agree to letting things continue the way they are then be sure to watch for any changes you're concerned about now and talk about them. You have as much right to having the relationship you want, as he has the right to have what he wants. Relationships that work are never "all or nothing" there has to be compromise on both sides.

I guess the only real advice I can give is that you need to communicate with him. Stay calm in the discussion no matter how he might react. Also, remember to be true to yourself. If you really aren't ok with something, you have to evalute if it's to a level where you're willing to pass on the relationship.

-Rachael

TGMarla
07-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi there, Nicki. The other ladies have already given you some very sound advice. Please do not seize upon his failure to disclose this to you before now. His reasons are quite simple. He's scared. He's afraid of losing you over it. So he discloses his information a little at a time. He coveted your panties, and told you it's because he wants something that was close to you close to him. That's only partially true. I'm guessing the truer reason is that he enjoys wearing panties.

It's quite probable that he feels the same for you as you do for him. And the risk of losing someone that is that dear to you over something like crossdressing is a great fear in many of us. For this reason, many of us keep this part of our lives to ourselves, lest we risk losing that which is most dear to us. And whereas there are many GGs here that are truly supportive and accepting of their crossdressing men, I think they still are the exception rather than the rule. So it's easy for the crossdresser to assume that his unique behavior will not go over well with his SO. You hold all the cards here. You can really change his life by giving him your acceptance and support.

He's allowed you the knowledge of his affinity for panties, then the feminine clothing. But to him, he has no idea of how to tell you about the wigs and the breast forms. It's most likely that he stews about this on a daily basis, and that it worries him a great deal.

There is a fallacy that is held to be truth that most crossdressers want to be women, and will ultimately opt for a gender reassignment. The truth, however, is that most crossdressers, way over 95% of them, will never go that route, even if they desire it. Those are pretty safe odds. I don't think you should worry about that at this point.

And lastly, thank you for trying to educate yourself about all this before you jump into any kind of confrontation with him about this. I've often said on this forum that crossdressing is a lousy reason to end a relationship. But it's a great reason to allow a couple to grow closer together. I wish you both well. Perhaps we will see much more of both of you here. I would welcome it, and so would everyone else here.

Angelofsomekind
07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't have time to read everyone elses posts so sorry if I repeat. When my wife found out she came back the next day with a list of questions for me. The usual are you gay, so on and so forth. But she also wanted to see all the clothes I had. She wanted to know how far I wanted to go with it. I would tell him you want to see everything he has so you know what you are getting into. Or you can phrase it better for him, you want to know what he has so you know what you need to get for him. I don't think it's fair for you if he can't be honest with you about it.
As far as where he's going with all this, I don't know if he can really say. He may know, but we all change as time goes on. I never wanted to transition or ever have surgerys or anything like that, I still don't, but I hear of a lot of people who start off like I have but end up wanting more.

Blaire
07-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Or you can phrase it better for him, you want to know what he has so you know what you need to get for him.

That is a beautiful combination of power and simplicity...

Leanne2
07-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Nicky,
I am so glad that you came to this site looking for answers. You say that you love your guy but it is obvious that you don't know everything about him. My suggestion is for you to not commit to him fully until you are comfortable with his dressing. I know that he will promise anything to not loose you. We tend to do that. But most of the time these are promises that we aren't able to keep.
Do the research, talk to other wives ( there is a GG section in this site ), and take it slow. Being with a TS/TG/CD person can be wonderful or it can be awful. And don't think that you can change him later. You can only change yourself. Good luck, Leanne

Alicia_lynn419
07-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi,

I can only echo what so many others have already written. Your BF is extremely lucky that he has found someone so understanding in you. But you are allowed to have questions, voice your concerns, set some limits. He probably won't believe all his fears did NOT come true. Communication IS key.. so is trust and respect.

Have the talk.. I imagine things will work out fine. Good luck!

Sarah_GG
07-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Nicky

Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place and you'll get some excellent advice from everyone. You might also want to join us on the FAB (female at birth) forum on this site after you've made 10 posts.

I have known about my SO for just over a year. Like you, I found out the full extent of his dressing before he told me. I did a ton of research on this site. At first it was jaw dropping! I would read something and think it couldn't possibly apply to me or my SO. I'd go away think about it, let it sink in and it seemed to find acceptance within me. A year later it's all absolutely fine, it's no longer the over riding part of our relationship, it's just part of it. We have a lot of fun with it.

You seem to have accepted so much about your SOs predilections so don't be too put off or shocked by what you read and remember that not all of it applies to your SO - transgenderism is a very wide and varied spectrum.

There is a thread somewhere about the pendulum of acceptance, I think it's something like 'now I like it, now I don't' which is very helpful. I'll try and find it and put a link up, if one of the regulars doesn't beat me to it!

Once you've had some open communication with your SO you can start to allay your fears and discuss your feelings.

:hugs:

nicky22
07-28-2009, 01:30 PM
thank you all so very much...I am so grateful for the replies. There are alot of things I'd like to follow up on regarding your comments, and I will later if that's alright. Should be working but this has taken over my days lately. I do have one question I just thought of. Do you feel like your authentic self is really your femme side, or do you feel split between both worlds? I guess my bigeest concern is that I don't even know his authentic self and she may be a completely different relationship to deal with and that scares me. I am such a one dimensional, no baggage, what you see is what you get person and I can't even imagine living with a secret you're afraid to share and worse...not being allowed to be your authentic self in a relationship. I love my BF so much...I don't want him to carrry that burden but at the same time it's reallt scary.

Thanks again so much, I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel.

Much love....Nicky

Sheila
07-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Nicky the link Sarah is on about is HERE (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12890), just click on the word her that is highlighted and it will take you straight to it .
Hun if you feel uncomfortable about anything, then please don't force yourself to do it, Rome wasn't built in a day and by talking to each other you stand a far better chance of making this work for both of you and your relationship.

Welcome to the forum :hugs:

GaleWarning
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I do have one question I just thought of. Do you feel like your authentic self is really your femme side, or do you feel split between both worlds? I guess my bigeest concern is that I don't even know his authentic self and she may be a completely different relationship to deal with and that scares me. I am such a one dimensional, no baggage, what you see is what you get person and I can't even imagine living with a secret you're afraid to share and worse...not being allowed to be your authentic self in a relationship. I love my BF so much...I don't want him to carrry that burden but at the same time it's reallt scary.

Nicky, I am a lot like you; straight up and down. I am me, however I am dressed. You need not have any worries about what the "authentic you" is. You will not change, so please never feel any guilt about who you are or any pressure to change. If things get too, much (and I doubt that they will), be strong and walk away.

Your bf fits somewhere along a huge CD/TG spectrum, and one of the joys of your journey will be to find out exactly where this is.
As long as you and he can quickly agree NOT to keep any secrets, and always to be open and honest in your communication with each other, you should both be fine.

Your attitude gives this relationship a much more than even chance of being successful. Your bf is one lucky man! (and I use that word deliberately, never forget that underneath the clothes, he is still a he).

mklinden2010
07-28-2009, 02:20 PM
GG,

Well, I think you hit the right nail on the head:

"Who is this guy? Does even he know?"

Sounds like you've got an experienced, if partially clueless, CDer on your hands, at the very least.

Since he's not come out to you about his longer-time interest and he's playing you along, I'd be suspect of both his methods and his intentions.

One, it's bothersome that he'd not just come out and say:

"Wow. I'm glad you cool with this. Truth is..."

Two, my guess is he doesn't know where he's going with this and he's going to be a bit of an idiot for a while.

But, what can you do until you know more about yourself and what you're doing?

Still, here's the saving grace: he seems like an OK person otherwise, right?

So, here's what's what... If you're interested in pursuing this guy for the sake of a long term relationship, I suggest you say, "Look, bub, you've picked a pretty smart cookie to hang out with. Here's what I think is going on. Now, what do you think is going on?"

And, like I said, odds are he doesn't actually know yet. But, you should both know that he'll be on a hormone high for a while with all this and it's a bit like being drunk. There will be talk of "sex as a woman, finding my female side, just helps me relax, helps my sex life," etc. Later, when more sober, both of you will go, "Oh, hmmm. Well, turns out I/he/we are mostly about this or that. And, I feel _____ about the whole thing."

Time will tell because it takes time to process all the good and bad (dumb) ideas that neither of you have had the time, inclination, or opportunity to think up and process. A lot of this is "learn by doing/not doing."

It would be a lot easier on you if he'd do is own homework in all this - you'd think. But, the deal is, someone like you is part of his homework - just like someone like him is part of your homework, as it turns out. Well, that's dating... Learn from each other and see where you wind up.

Oh, as to your question... The longer a person does something like this, and the more time passes and the more questions get asked and answered, the less the difference between who the person is/seems to be when doing one thing or another.

I noticed this years ago at a "support" meeting when I realized most the older/practiced CDers where "the same person" all the time, and the youngest/just out CDers acted like kids at their first neighborhood birthday party. We'd just sit and listen, then say, "Well, good for you. Now, would you like to go with us for coffee?" Knowing, of course, that once they got past their nervousness at the support meeting, we'd get to know the real "them" better over coffee.

(Example: To a newbie who had been just shaking at the meeting... "So, you were a tank commander in the Gulf War?" "Yes, first in..." Insert here 90 minutes of blowing up "those poor dumb Iraqi tank drivers." TMI, and nothing to do with CDing. Interesting use of tax dollars though...)

Expect your BF to play a role for a while, but one day he'll probably be dressed in his finest and start an unladylike yelling at some football game on television.

Some things never change...

Thanks for checking and good luck.

PS

You know, now is fine for playing around at this, but come back later and ask about how we all work with this long-term. Once you're past this wrinkle yourself, for example, you'll have to consider how your family, your kids, your neighbors, etc. might feel/react to all this. You can "out muscle" their knee-jerk reactions fairly easily if you can demonstrate that this is only part of who he/you together are. It's like, "Yeah, he hunts deer - and he shoots a lot of trees. But, it keeps him busy and he so "owes" me when I want to do something..."

MissConstrued
07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm sure you feel a bit deceived by all the stash, but it sounds like he's trying to bring you up to speed a bit at a time. At least he's not trying to hide it completely, so tell him you'll give him a little credit for that. :)

So now I am again having a bit of a freak out because I am fine with the underwear and lingerie and my clothes and stuff but am a little worried about what the next step is going to hold.
[...]
Althoug I think that the comfort level of doing this together might be what he needs.

I think you'll find that nothing will slow him down faster than positive encouragement, strange as that sounds. :) It's the forbidden quality of it all that's part of the attraction. Your way of dealing with this indicates to me that he's pretty much a regular guy, so work with that attitude. He's just a regular guy with an odd fashion sense. Dress him up, take him out, get him drunk, take him home and boink him silly. A couple times a month with that, and you should have a happy camper.

Just avoid treating this like a problem, instead of a hobby or a kinky thing. Maybe you're not totally turned on, but I'll bet not everything you like turns him on either.

Sorry about the long post but I am very nervous about fully seeing him as her and really love him and am worried about how I am going to react to her.

There is no "her." It's just your guy, in drag. You might have to make sure he doesn't forget that, like a lot of people here seem to have. Like sissystephanie says about how his late wife saw him: "lady on the outside, man underneath." Slap him silly if he starts to lisp.

Do you feel like your authentic self is really your femme side, or do you feel split between both worlds?

My authentic self is me... an obnoxious redneck. On occasion, an obnoxious redneck wearing makeup. :D

Joanne f
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
I may be wrong but i get the feeling that your boyfriend is and has been way into Cding for a long time and he will have no problem in discussing it with you , in fact i would say that he will be over the moon , now you ask how much does your female side effect your authentic self , well basically as much as you or the people around you will let it so it will be in there right from the start but hidden until you know it is OK for it to come out , and come out it will as you have already seen to that .

Ras
07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Nicky,

He is inded a very lucky man to have found a very supportive SO. You need to know what his intentions are as well as what is acceptable amount of "dress up" time that will satisify both of your needs and wants.

You need to take is slower until you can accept it all and then again you may love it and want him to dress more often.

Open communication is the key to both of you getting what youwant out of it.

Marjory
07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Always remind him of your needs too. Don't let him get carried away with shopping as we have a feminine side and will shop and buy constantly. Set aside time for you where he is in male mode and is the 100% man you married. Don't let him push you into something you're uncomfortable with be it dressing, buying or going out en femme. Have "discussions" to level the playing field. Support him but don't let him change your life to suit his. Remind him marriage is give and take.
He will make a great husband as he probably can do all house tasks and cooks too. If he's like me he's pretty tough too. He will be caring and understanding.

AllieSummers
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi Nicky,

You are one incredible woman. I have a wife just like you and believe me you are both one in a million.

Let me say that first he has probably been doing this for a long time. Maybe since childhoood. There is a great chance that he will not change much at all from this point forward.

BUT...

Even though you are incredible and love him and sound like you are fairly accepting of it you have to really get in touch with your own feelings and concerns and set some boundaries that both of you are comfortable with.

I can't believe I'm saying this because, from my perspective, I wish my wife and I had no boundaries. :)

I do know though that boundaries are good and you need to make sure that your end of the relationship is being served too. You don't exist to just please him. You have to be pleased too. My wife needed the boundaries so I accept them.

My wife was scared to death that she was going to lose her husband. That is the first reaction that I've heard from almost every wife I've talked to about this. So I assured her that it wouldn't happen. In my case, that was the truth. If it isn't in his mind then you have got to get him to be honest aobut all of his feelings.

This is where I would also make another important suggestion. Don't just run out and embrace this and start buying stuff for him. You both have to face the past and why he is doing this and what his true feelings are. I would sit him down and make sure he opens up to you, is totally honest about his past and tells you about his stash. Today is where the lies and deceit end. By the way, the lies aren't necessarily designed to hurt you...they might be to avoid hurting you. That is why I lied about it for so long.

To get him to open up you are probably going to have to open up to him. Tell him how much you love him, how you want to stay with him for ever and how you want to support him. You also need to tell him what you are afraid of and what you don't want to see happen. It is all about compromise. If you can reach an agreement on this then it should flourish.

As far as him dressing in front of you goes...that is one of the first things my wife asked me to do. I would help him and definitely watch the transformation. If he does a "reveal" then it might shock you or you might think he looks silly depending on his experience level and skill with makeup. If you see him slowly get ready then you shouldn't bust out in laughter. :)

Once you come to this agreement and what you need in the relationship then embrace it and then taking him shopping. :)

If you are like my wife then you'll find that you aren't losing a husband, you are gaining a girlfriend. My wife and I are closer than we've ever been and we've been really close for 25 years.

You might want to take a look at my blog. The link is in my signature below. It is quite extensive now so if you keep going back and back to the firmst post entitled, "In the beginning..." it will chronicle my coming out to my wife and everything that has happened since then. I think it might give you some insight into the ups and downs that might happen over the coming months.

Good luck and IM me if you need anything. I also volunteer my wife if you need to talk to someone that has gone through this.

Kisses,

Allie

P.S. Also be careful because some people will lead you to believe this has to be hard. It isn't going to be easy but it doesn't have to be a terrible curse. It can be a wonderful thing.

Fab Karen
07-28-2009, 05:48 PM
An answer to one of the big questions: All CD's are not one unified thing, not all identical in what is right for us. Just as being black, being female, being gay, is not all one simple unified thing under those categories. You'll have to ask him what feels right for him. Obviously he's more than just a panty fetishist, which is what he initially said to you. You need to sit down & talk with him about being okay with it, but that you need open honest answers from him.

Ralph
07-28-2009, 09:00 PM
I do have one question I just thought of. Do you feel like your authentic self is really your femme side, or do you feel split between both worlds?

Nicky, it's so cool that you went into research mode instead of just bailing out of the relationship. As you may have noticed, questions like that won't get you a single, consistent answer; ask any five guys why they crossdress and what they feel about it, and you'll get six conflicting answers. Some of us are just in it for the clothes, and as long as we can have some time to just sit around feeling comfortable in a dress, we're good to go. We don't need or want to feel like, act like, or be treated as women and we certainly don't want to become women. On the opposite extreme of course are the pre-op (or "never-op") transsexuals who wish they had been born a woman and are either on their way to the full snippage or, if for whatever reason they can't do that, at least want to get as close as possible to purging themselves of all Y chromosomes. Somewhere in the middle are the majority - some like to use a "female" name when dressed, some believe they have two physically distinct personalities depending on whether they are dressed, some just want to sit around at home and feel pretty, some want to go on the town and be admired.

There's really no way for us to tell you where your man is on that scale - and he may not even know for sure himself. So together, you'll need to find out his needs and your limits. How comfortable would you feel if he decided to change his name to Sally and live full time as a woman? If the idea scares you to death, don't count on that feeling going away in 5, 10, 20 years... set limits NOW for what you are comfortable with NOW. If he needs to take it much further than you're prepared to live with, it would be brutal on both of you to pretend otherwise.

Which leads me to a topic you probably already know, but needs to be emphasized: Whatever level of gender identity he deals with is not just a passing whim or a hobby he can give up like stamp collecting. It was a part of his nature before he knew it, and if he's like the rest of us he was probably scared and confused when the feeling first manifested. Some few have tried and succeeded to give it up entirely, but not without terrific emotional cost and most of us have tried and failed many times (read up on "purging").

As the happily married CDing man of a wonderful woman who understands and accepts, even if she's not particularly thrilled about it, I hope things work out for the both of you.

Rachel Morley
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I agree with many of the comments posted so far in particular the reading of the threads "How to tell your partner (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13841)" and "Now I Like It, Now I Don’t: Understanding the Acceptance Pendulum" (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12890) ..... but then I would wouldn't I? as not only are they very helpful but my wife wrote them both :) I have a feeling that you re going to come out of this feeling ok Nicky:hugs:

nicky22
07-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Rachel..I read both of your wife's articles before I even joined the forum. I have read and researched quite manicaly lately. I was a reporter for 8 years and automatically go into research mode when I need to know something. Never thought this would be a topic I'd be right in the middle of. Please thank your wife for the extremely helpful and well written, informative posts. Phew..can't wait to be over the shock and trauma and hopefully on to the well balanced part of this journey where the 2 of you must be! Thanks so much for the post! Nicky

TeenTG
07-28-2009, 10:04 PM
thanks for coming to the site you will find great support here

as of your question i think you should let him be who he is because if you let most men crossdress out in the open they will not change who they are in the inside the only time a crossdresser changes is if they have to hide who they are

MsJanessa
07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
I suspect that you are "freaking out" because you think he might be gay or transexual---don't jump to conclusions before talking with him about it---many CDers are straight heterosexual males who have no desire to change their gender--This board is full of CDers like that-chances are if he is in a relationship with a women he falls into that catagory---your best tact is to sit down with him and talk about it---if he tells you that he is one of the cders mentioned above then I would take him at his word---the next question is can you handle a relationship with a guy who likes to dress fully and present as a female---that's something only you can answer--good luck

Sandra
07-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Phew you've had a lot of good advise here.

You need to know what is going on so, keep the communication open, talk and listen to each other.

You may read on here some things that concern you, wondering if your partner will be the same, it doesn't always work like that and everyone is different.

I hope you decided to join us in the F.A.B forum, where you'll get to meet more of the wives/partners.

nicky22
07-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Thank you everyone for the amazing insights. So much info it's a little...alot much to get my mind around. Honestly you all have made this so much easier to deal with, I can't thank you enough. I am so worried about having "the talk". Is that really necessary? Wouldn't it be easier to just let things unfold naturally. Does anyone really even know why? So many things to think about....thank so much again!!!! Nicky

Ms Mira
07-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Nicky:

You're more than a CD could hope for in terms of how acceptant you are. You found out about "her" in a way that would scare off most girls, and not only are you OK with it, you did research. It's really nice to hear there are women out there like you.

At this point, you just have to be honest with him. If you're freaked out, or you think you're not ready for something, you should just say so pre-emptively. You should have a discussion with him to draw boundaries and such, and just to have it out in the open... It's better not to harbor all these secrets, especially when they involve feelings of resentment, in relationships. Plus, hopefully, your honesty will inspire him to be more honest as well.

Good luck!

cassandra2601
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Nicky

You have had a lot of good advice from both CDs and GGs.

You believe in the relationship and want to make it work because you love him and that is great.

It is a huge, stressful thing to "come-out" and it sounds like he has been trying to let you know what he is. Believe me, if he wanted to hide things, he would and you would not have known. Having said that don't just hand acceptance on a plate - make him make the next move - you have been fantastic thus far.

Also recognise that he has probably been doing it for a long time or has suppressed the desire to for a long term.

Having seen on this forum some of the men and then their female persona it would make your draw drop - big hulking sporty guys becoming stunning women!

I have always played major competitive physical sports and ben a CD at the same time.

The need just does not go away.

As Allie said you are one in a million and I hope it works out. The worst thing you can do is to force him into a closet - then you might well lose him.....

nicky22
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks again everyone for the amazing suppot. Could someone explain the importance of setting boundaries to me? And why that's important and what and how...you all are fantastic!

CharlotteW
07-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh wow, I just came back to offer my tuppence worth but everyone else has pretty much covered it.

Like I said, you sound like a gem of a lady, I wish you both well.

Holly
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
...Could someone explain the importance of setting boundaries to me? And why that's important and what and how...Boundaries are simply setting the parameters of what is safe for both of you. For example, physical intimacy when dressed; is that something you want to explore or would you just as soon not go there at this time. Are you comfortable if the neighbors see you BF dressed? If not, how will she enter/exit the home? At what level are you willing to participate? Go shopping with her? Help her with her makeup? Accompany her outside the house? These are just a few suggestions. I'm sure you will come up with others on your own. One word of caution, however. Boundaries have a tendency to change. This is not a bad thing, but you should be prepared to revisit them from time to time. And it should be by mutual agreement. This is all part of the ever-important communication that is imperative in any healthy relationship. Don't fear "the talk" but embrace it as a step forward in your overall ability to relate to one another more intimately than before.

Ras
07-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Nicky, If you want to have that "talk", just be prepared to hear to hear more detail that you are ready to know or find out. I am sure he feels liek he has a gorilla on his back and would love to share and open up to you as log as you are open and accepting of it.

There is some merit in letting it flow and happen naturally but he will be looking for some indications from you as to when you are ready and want to talk about it.

Once again you need to think about what you want from it, how much you want it to happen, and how much you want to participate in it.

Elle1946
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
My wife was the same way that you are now. It does take some getting use to because it is different. Now we are the best shopping buddies. She knows what fits me and trys it on so that we will not need to return things don't that fit. Shoes are a different thing I wear an eleven and she wears a seven. My wife is fine with the CD situtation and has coped through the learning process well. From the way you are talking it sounds like you will do just fine. Good Luck!!

Celeste
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Nicky,If I were him and found someone some what accepting like yourself,I would take things super slow because I would be worried about loosing you.Everyone is so different when it comes to sharing innermost secrets,he may really be terrified of telling you the rest.I'm sure with time and being a bit inquisitive it will come out.

Ralph
07-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Could someone explain the importance of setting boundaries to me? And why that's important and what and how...

Not meaning to be blunt, but it looks like at least half the replies over the past couple of days explained just that. Try this one on for size:

So together, you'll need to find out his needs and your limits. How comfortable would you feel if he decided to change his name to Sally and live full time as a woman? If the idea scares you to death, don't count on that feeling going away in 5, 10, 20 years... set limits NOW for what you are comfortable with NOW. If he needs to take it much further than you're prepared to live with, it would be brutal on both of you to pretend otherwise.

nicky22
07-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks Ralph...point taken. At this point, I need blunt. Guess I am in such a state of information overload and still in overwhelmed mode...but I am trying to understand things as completely as I can and I loved your post..thanks for that...and the bluntness..Nicky

RachelF
07-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Boundaries are not a must. They can be used to protect individual feelings and attitudes toward many areas, as well as group interests. They are present in most human relationships from couples, fraternities, work groups, to families, etc. For example, a common boundary is having only one SO at a time, but some couples are ok having multiple relationships at the same time. Your SO's crossdressing is now becoming part of your relation and you both should be comfortable with it. If you force your self to accept things you really does not like or tolerate that will hurt the relation sooner or later. So, the boundaries should be there if you as a couple think they could help to protect the relationship (which should include respect for individual preferences). Things could happen naturally at some point, and you can eventually let that happens only if you feel comfortable but in most cases "the talk" is needed. But be sure it happens in a very relaxed way. You are wonderful, I am sure you as a couple will drive this to reinforce your relation.

nicky22
07-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Thank you Rachel. Very eloquently put. It's really hard to fit this situation into any kind of framework when you don't even really understand it and it's all new. This forum and everyone's different insights help so much. Thank you all for that.

AllieSummers
07-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Nicky,

It was really a pleasure speaking with you on the phone last night. You are one awesome woman. The kind of woman any man/cd, would be lucky to have.

There were a couple of observations I had that are important to remember.

First, I think the your SO has been crying out to be discovered almost since the beginning. When you found he was basically stealing your panties you asked him why. He said he was wearing them. You didn't ask the next question that most women would ask, "Why?". If you would have asked him to explain himself it might have got you to where you are now a lot quicker. Since then he has been wearing your stuff and admits it freely. But you still haven't asked, "Why?".

Honey, I think you need to ask him, "Why?". He is probably dieing to tell you but is so afraid to bring it up himself. As I mentioned, I didn't lie because I didn't love my wife. I lied because I loved her so much I could stand the thought of losing her.

You don't have to bust him on his stash but give him the opportunity to be honest with you. Ask him why he feels the need to dress in women's clothes. Ask him how long he's felt this way. Ask him where he would like this to go. Tell him how much you love him and how you are there to support him and help him get there.

Second, I know you hate the word "boundaries". So what you need to do is not set boundaries but let him know what you want, need and what you are afraid of. If he truely loves you then he will set his own "boundaries" and make sure that these needs are met and that your fears are never realized. If he isn't willing to do what he has to do to please you then you need to know that now and not 5 years down the road. You are investing a lot of time, money and emotion into this relationship. That investment needs to be a good one for you. You have got to be a little selfish...not too selfish...just a little. If you tell him that you don't want to lose the man you fell in love with and he respects that then you probably will not lose that man but instead gain a really close girlfriend.

I hope this helps...

Be sure to keep me updated. You have my phone number. You are welcome to call, text or write me any time you want. I talked to my wife last night too. She is more than happy to talk with you if you need a woman's point of view.

Kisses,

Allie

nicky22
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you Allie;

You have no idea how much I appreciate your taking the time to talk to to me. You have so many great insights and have given me so much to think about. Wow..a better question than why didn't I ask why might be a question to myself...why didn't it occur to me to ask why? Hmmmm..he did tell me the I was wearing them because they're yours excuse which I have since learned is what CD's say. But most women would probably need to know why. Whay don't I?? I do have very nice underwear! Maybe it's self protection, who knows. Lots to think about. And I will be back home soon and will def be in touch. Thank god for this forum and all of the wonderful support and advice...one day he should be thannking you all too!!! Nicky

Granny Gray
07-30-2009, 11:21 AM
We are all unique individuals. What is right for one won't be right for all. The members have written a lot of good advice. All of it has been done with loving care, I'm sure. Some of it will fit your circumstances, some will not fit. Feel free to chose what you believe will fit and from which you can most probably benefit. Use what fits, discard the misfits.

One thing not previously mentioned is EXPECTATIONS. It's essential, I think, to be as expectation neutral as you can possibly be. Too often we plunge into relationships with out examining our expectations and find our expectations setting standards and rules applying to our relationship/partners in ways which risk or actually drive the relationship to ruin.

Some relationship expectations are realistic and they should rightly be guiding the development of the relationship. Some are unrealistic and if not adjusted can make the relationship resemble a train wreck.

I learned in my practice many years ago I was not all wise and could not simply tell younger couples how to live their relationships, so I just offer this bit about expectations and their power to drive a relationship down a smooth path or to drive it off into a canal. You impress me as being a heads up young lady, so I merely offer thoughts you may wish to consider.

After all, I'm just an old CD/TG Curmudgeon of the first order. J:thumbsdn:

Dana
07-30-2009, 12:37 PM
For me? I just like getting 'girly' and having fun with it. I enjoy it. There's no deep pyschological meaning to it. I've always been drawn to feminity and expressions of such.

Girls want to have fun, and cross dressing is fun. Being a girl is and can be fun.

You might want to read a book titled "Brain Sex to help in understanding all of this. It has very little to do with CD'ing per say, and more about why people are the way they are.

Hope
07-31-2009, 03:36 AM
Thank you everyone for the amazing insights. So much info it's a little...alot much to get my mind around. Honestly you all have made this so much easier to deal with, I can't thank you enough. I am so worried about having "the talk". Is that really necessary? Wouldn't it be easier to just let things unfold naturally. Does anyone really even know why? So many things to think about....thank so much again!!!! Nicky

Is it necessary? Not at all.

Is it helpful for some folks, particularly those who need to have and understand clear rules? Absolutely.

But if the idea of sitting down with your husband and having "the talk" is upsetting you or causing you undue stress - you don't have to do it. Seriously. Provided that you are a person who is comfortable with a healthy level of ambiguity, you may never have to have "the talk." Seriously, if this is causing you a huge amount of worry - it is completely back-burner-able.

Think of this "talk" like the other "talk" most people experience in their lives - the one with mom and dad, and some really confused bumble bees. Is it necessary? Of course not - lots of people never get that talk, and they figure things out on their own - sometimes through friends, sometimes through through research, sometimes through groping (clumsily) in the dark. Is that "talk" helpful? For some folks it is, if the parents are healthy parents, comfortable with sex, and know what they are talking about (good luck with that one). For other folks, having that talk with their parents can be traumatic and counter productive, leading to all sorts of fears, guilt and bad information around something that is supposed to be beautiful and fun.

I would expect that at some point the charade you have going on is going to come to a close with some sort of disclosure - either he is going to put on his big-girl panties and tell you, or you are going to confront him (I suggest you wait for the former, but drop plenty of hints that you would be receptive to him and let him reveal himself on his own schedule - that is just me). When that happens - however it happens - I would expect that there would be some healthy conversation, right? Seems like a natural conversation starter to me. Seems like the best of both worlds, right? A natural development - and a healthy conversation. Win win.

If you do decide to sit him down - do keep this one thing in mind: Don't scold him, and don't treat him like he has cancer or some horrible debilitating illness that is going to destroy the world. It sounds like you have been exceptionally awesome - with us - don't flush that winning record when and where it really counts. The part that is important is that you treat him with respect, dignity, and admiration.

Joanne f
07-31-2009, 06:05 AM
I agree , it is not necessary to have this what some call the big talk , as i myself prefer to let things unfold naturally and may be slowly in that way it is less stressful for both , it is much easier to just say when you dont like some thing and when you do like something , the CDer will soon pick up on what is aloud and what is not , go with your instincts not anyone else`s .

Ediosa
07-31-2009, 07:00 AM
I have to agree with most ladies here. Your an incredible woman, and he's lucky to have you. Now, it's time for a nice little sit down and tell him that you know this and that. It's time to figure who he is and what he wants. I really like the statement one of these ladies said, "I suggest you say, "Look, bub, you've picked a pretty smart cookie to hang out with. Here's what I think is going on. Now, what do you think is going on?"".

Good luck, and I hope everything goes well. Welcome to our little world.

nicky22
08-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Wow what great advice. I have so much clarity now, as opposed to a few days ago it's like night and day. Getting on a plane in a few hours and will be dealing with all of this very very soon. Actually, I'm almost kind of looking forward to it after everything I've heard from all of you. Maybe it's an adventure and not such a thing to confront, which is what it felt like a few days ago. Thank you all so much...I am printing out all of your replies to read and re-read on the plane. You have no idea how much you've al helped me...and him/her and he/she has no idea xxxxxxxxNickyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eve_WA
08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Good luck dear! But it sounds like youve got a great handle on it and a wonderful attitude! That is the big thing. Your a very special person and your SO is a very lucky person to have you! I wish you all the best!

Eve

cocopuff's girl GG
08-20-2009, 01:55 AM
HI, I was in your shoes 3 years ago, funny it don't seem that long ago. I have been with my SO for 5 years and he had been secretly wearing panties and possibly some other things for about 9 month's and I didn't have a clue. He had a stash and it was hid very well. He's a truck driver, imagine that... My foundation and some other make-up was missing and he had it in his back pocket hiding. I saw it, questioned him about it and he came clean a little bit at the time. Getting him to be truthful about his CDing was like pulling teeth. Each thing I discovered always had a lie tagged to it. For instance he said he had started shaving under his arms cause the hair pulled when he wore shirts.. LOL right and then he started shaving his legs and said cause same thing his hair pulled. Another fib. Finally I did as you are gonna need to and ask straight out to come clean and be honest. His lying to me in the beginning really caused alot of problems for us cause he would go to great length's to make up stuff. Once he knew I knew, he still denies some feelings I beleive he has. Yes, my first question was are you gay or attracted to males. For me that would have been a deal breaker. His answer was no but in the back of my mind I wonder if he was would he tell me??? Not trying to scare you If he were gay why would he be with me?? That is what I tell myself when I start that stinking, thinking...LOL So now he shaves his legs and underarms. He is not a very hairy person and what he does have is blonde. He has one small patch in the middle of his chest and my compromise is that he leaves that cause I said that is my spot. LOL I'd do like the other post has said and pick the right time and you do need to discuss it cause he may promise that he will purge ( get rid of) all of it but trust me it will eventually pop back up. Most likely this is something he has been doing for a very long time all in secret. Most say it started from childhood. Mine finally said his was from childhood. My SO wears panties everyday and wears some either or clothes( meaning unisex clothes) came from the women's section but doesn't scream woman. He has a wig and more panties than me..LOL More bra's than me. He only dresses once in a while with me. He seems content right now anyway with that. Our rule is do not lie about it and don't overdo. He can get carried away sometimes and I have to bring it to his attention and if it bothers me I tell him. Communication is the key. One thing he and I are going to do together soon is pedicures. I get them all the time but he never has besides what I do for him at home. I am going to take him with me to the nail shop and he's gonna get the works and I dare anyone in there to say a word. LOL I want this to be a good experience for him. remember and I appologize for being soo winded, but remember under the panties and bra forms, make-up or any of it, underneath is your man. It's only clothes and this makes him very happy. Freak out sessions is normal cause this is very different but if you love him you can make this work but you have to tell him what you can live with and he has to be honest. I hope I have helped.

Gerard
08-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I agree communication is probably key.

It might be a while before both of you are fully comfortable to be honest to each other though, males and especially crossdressers are trained to hide their thoughts and feelings. It's a hard habit to shake.

I also think it's important that the non-crossdresser in the relationship sets the pace of things, and applies the brakes if needed. Just both try to be understanding of each other and honest about where the whole thing is going.

sherri52
08-20-2009, 09:10 AM
You can't change how he feels inside. We like the feel and the femininity of crossdressing. He can still be manly when he is with you an/or friends, but his femininity will come out even if it is only at home. Incourage him to come out of the closet with you and it will give the two of you another place to bond. He may never take it out of the house but he'll still need your love and understanding

marisa
08-20-2009, 11:34 AM
hi nicky. sorry about the long post but i would like to share my story with you. first off i'd like to say that you've got a great chance to have something very special in your relationship. i have been with my gf for almost 2 wonderfull years. after about 3ish months into our relationship i was able to see a very possible life long partener. so i started asking questions in a light and humours way to try a get a feel for if she could handle my other side. sometimes i felt she could and sometimes i felt she couldn't. up untill this point i had never told any of my past gf's about this part of my life. at the 5ish month point i couldn't just let this progres without speaking up. we joke about it now and just refer to that day as " the sunday". we went out for a late breakfast and just talked about things. i was so scared and not able to find the words i wanted. then she opened a door that gave me a chance. she asked me how open minded i was. and so it began. after we got back to her place she went in and made some coffee and i stayed outside to finish my smoke and grab a couple of pictures out of my truck. we sat down and i tried to explain things as i handed her the pic's. then came a bunch of questions and did my best to be as honest as i possibly could. there was q's i couldn't answer cause i just didn't have an answer. but the key here is that i was honest with her. i was almost in tears that day and that was the hardest conversation i have ever had because i was unsure of the response i was gonna get. i'll never forget that moment when she said " is that it" then leaned over and gave me a very tender kiss and told me i love you no matter what. our relationship has gotten very strong since then and she doesn't care how much or how often i get all dolled up. plus i now have a someone to try and look good for. she even helps with my make up and in helping to find clothing. we can even share some of our clothes. she loves the fact that she has a bf and a gf all rolled up in one, dispite the fact i have better legs and eyelashes and a bigger chest.lol. . she's even told me that should i need or want to take marisa to the next level she will support me and stand beside me. i now have a body gaurd,lol. be patient and under standing and things will work out just fine. relationships like this can be very rewarding for both people.

tricia_uktv
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Nicky.

What I know is that you've got a loving, caring man. But he is transgendered and will need to show himself as he feels he is. What you need to know is whether you can live with his girl side or not. I would say have a think and let him dress up away from you for a while. In a hotel, in another town.You may end up enjoying it, you may not but at least it won't affect you. It will also show how much he needs to do it. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Hugs

dawnmarrie1961
08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Nicky, I can understand why you are so alarmed at the revelation that your boyfriend is , without a doubt, a crossdresser. By asking for advice here you are going to get a lot of responses from people with good intentions suggesting that you accept that part of him without regard to yourself for your needs as a woman. That not doing so would be, in some ways, selfish of you.They will tell you that "cross dressing" is has nothing to do with your boyfriend sexuality as a male and they may be right in that declaration. Most of us are heterosexual in orientation.

People cross dress for a variety of reasons.

For some of us,it is just for the "Fantasy" and the erotic sexual stimulation that it provides.Kind of a fictitious girl on girl action that men find arousing. If that is the case . Then you can consider it as being just a "sex game"that that doesn't need to leave the bedroom. Weather or not it is included as part of your sexual relationship is entirely up to your consent and how comfortable you feel with it. That's your "choice".

Some of us, use it as a form of anti-depressant, a kind of self-help medication that you don't need a prescription for. The reasons for doing this can often be buried deep in the subconscious mind or in our past. It doesn't mean that your boy friend is a complete "basket case". It just means he has a few issues, like everybody else , that he hasn't dealt with yet.:sad:This type of behavior is often starts at a very young age. The person feels that they are unable to talk to anyone, family members or friends about their problems and the behavior is used as a method of coping.Talking to someone close usually helps bring out the memories and it also helps to have a shoulder to cry on because sometimes remembering things hurts a lot.:sad:

For some of us, is used as a form of rebellion with societies sexual norms. They just like the feeling that they are doing something naughty. It gives them an adrenaline rush like sky diving ,but not nearly as dangerous.:devil:

For some of us, it is our identity. It is "who" we are. We actually perceive ourselves as being female, to some extent. Maybe not fully. But enough so that it makes us feel uncomfortable in our own skin. We try to go through life dressed in the costume of being what society wants us to be, husbands, fathers, boyfriends, but all the time feeling sadly disconnected. Many of us have gone through the vast majority of our lives being dishonest with ourselves and those around us. When we finally try to come to terms with who we are it causes a lot of turmoil in our lives and the lives of those we love. Unfortunately it has to be done to achieve any sense of inner peace with ourselves.

For some it may be a combination of any of these at the same time to varying degrees of extremes.

Without knowing more information about your BF it would not be appropriate for me to suggest anything to you other than that you both sit down and have a productive conversation about the subject. He needs to listen to your concerns as well and be responsive to them.

I can see that you really love this person. Love can often give us the strength and wisdom to overlook the faults in each other and give us the keen visual perception to see the beauty that lies beneath the beast.

Be Safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

JenetGG
08-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi Nicky,

Welcome to this unique and unusual ride. It's different isn't it? Different can be amazing, thrilling and exciting though. There is so much adventure available here and what I have learned in my 2 short years of this exploration is that we GG's usually have very similar initial fears and concerns. You are doing the best thing by researching and reaching out to be in dialogue with those of us who are in this world. It's the best way to tackle the fears one by one and get them resolved. My fiance and I have been an awesome team in taking these on together. It has been a challenge but everytime we contact and resolve an issue, our connection just gets deeper and expands. In life, we have a choice in how we interpret what happens. I consider that my darling's CD'ing is actually an expression of his being gifted and a more evolved being who has the passion and courage to explore another dimension of what it is to be human...a female human. We are well matched because I get to do that too. How wonderful an opportunity to explore male/female experiences society cuts us off from being allowed to express. Our relationship is about growth and this adventure is a powerful and exciting access to that.

Crysten
08-31-2009, 02:47 AM
I would say you're very accepting already, which is great. How accepting are you willing to be is another question altogether. You love him, no question, but will you continue to love him/her as you loved him? This seems to be the crux of the situation.

It may be that he's not sure exactly where he stands WITHIN HIMSELF, never mind where he stands with you. And it may be that you're not sure where you're going to end up with this either.

So, all I can say is.....take it slowly. If it's meant to be then AWESOME, but it's going to take some flexibility on BOTH your parts. Are you willing to settle for something that may not be EXACTLY what you wanted? Toleration only goes so far. Only you can answer what you want out of life and out of the relationship you're in.

I would say my wife generally tolerates my dressing, BUT, she is fully aware that 1) I'm not gay, and 2) I'm not transexual. Either one of these would be a dealbreaker for her, I'm sure.

Best wishes, and good luck :)

ReineD
08-31-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't know how I've missed this thread. You've gotten tons of great advice, but if I were to echo one of them it would be Cocopuff Girl's post #54.

:hugs:

Sherry-Stephanie
08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
All I'll say is good luck and hope it all works out for the both of you and you both can have fun with this....

If she is in your size on anything then that's a bonus....both of you can double your wardrobe....if not thena t least the jewelry and accessories can be shared....a added benefit....(evil grin)....

Lucy Long Legs
08-31-2009, 11:10 AM
You are so sympathetic and lovely!
Probably one hurdle you may encounter is that he(she) will be unwilling or unable to take the lead in bed. Somehow, when one is all dressed up to be girly, it is difficult or even impossible to be the raging bull!
This has caused problems in our house, but I'm pleased to say we have found a way round it.
Lucy

PaulaJaneThomas
08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
The best thing you can do is get him to join the Beaumont Society (http://www.beaumontsociety.org.uk/). Then the pair of you can go to the various meetings, meet other TGs and their wives/girlfriends and probably form a few new friendships with people from your area. The internet is useful but it's a poor substitute for real life.

sandra diaz
09-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Hello Nicky, That’s beautiful what you doing for the person you love. I’m going to tell you a little bit of my own story, perhaps this will help you. My wife, few years ago found my panties and other womens clothes. Since e I didn’t have any excuse I told her the truth. Just like you, she tried to get close to me by suggesting shopping and others women’s things together. Most of the CD’s jump in to a rush of trying to do things to fast and forget about the other person feelings. Just talk to him and take it slow. You need time to adapt and build things slowly. It took more than two years for my wife realize that I’m the same person that married her and I love her more than ever. Now we had been out (me in femme) and she knows that this is part of my life as much as her love. Just simple tell him to take it easy. I hope this help you. Kisses, Sandra:kiss: