PDA

View Full Version : How do I approsch this?

heathr1
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
In our company, an attractive manager has been sent to our site for just two weeks.

I've heard from two permanent managers that she is a bitch and is being moved from area to area in the hope she will resign.

I was introduced to her today and all is fine so far.

She wears the most adorable dark pink, metallic lipstick that I've never seen before and would love to know what lipstick it is.

What is the best way to ask without outing myself?

Complementing her on her make-up alone will probably out myself?

Emily Ann Brown
07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Are you married ? If so I'd find a way to ask where she got it saying your wife would love it. If you're not married, use your girlfriend as the excuse. Either way I wouldn't compliment your boss, just comment on how your ________ would love lipstick like that. Don't make a big thing about it. Women in my office tell me stuff like that all the time as long as they don't think it's a come-on.

Emily Ann

Cindy K
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
In our company, an attractive manager has been sent to our site for just two weeks.

I've heard from two permanent managers that she is a bitch and is being moved from area to area in the hope she will resign.

I was introduced to her today and all is fine so far.

She wears the most adorable dark pink, metallic lipstick that I've never seen before and would love to know what lipstick it is.

What is the best way to ask without outing myself?

Complementing her on her make-up alone will probably out myself?
I really like your lips gloss ( her name ) , it would go well with the dress I have bought Julie for our anniversary, If I give you the money I don’t spose could pick me one up next time your in town.

heathr1
07-14-2005, 02:40 PM
The first I'd heard before, but forgotten.

I could just explain outright that I want some for myself, just to see the look on her face.

JOKE.

Natalie x
07-14-2005, 03:25 PM
I would keep my head well below the parapet. In other words, is it worth the risk of losing your job or dignity?

uknowhoo
07-14-2005, 07:50 PM
You could tell her that a dear CD friend of yours named Tammi heard about her lipstick and is just dying to know where she got it. Or, you could just give me her # and I could call her directly!

heathr1
07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
If only it was that easy.

Julie York
07-15-2005, 05:51 PM
"Wow love that lipstick....It really gives me the horn."

Nah.

Maybe I need to think this through.

:D