PDA

View Full Version : Scents and smells

Sarah Doepner
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Some say smell is the sense that is strongest in triggering memories. I haven't dressed in a few weeks and during that time have done the "manly" things of yard care, building and wiring, car maintenance and a multi-day backcountry backpacking trip. My beard has grown out and I've been admiring the new rugged look, wondering how long I'd be able to keep it.

This afternoon while putting newly purchased rolls of TP in the bathroom closet I got whacked by smells. As I opened the door I was hit in the nose by fragrences of powders and bath oils, sweet soaps and heaven knows what else. I couldn't move for a moment as I breathed in the wonderous aromas and started thinking how much better I would feel if I were wearing a skirt, silky blouse, my wig and with makeup on my yet to be smoothly shaved face.

My resolve has just about failed and I don't know if I can regain the non-dressing momentum that existed just a half hour ago. Has anyone else been overwhelmed by smells?

Stitch
07-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Tragically my partner has next to no sense of smell. I can't imagine how sad that must be, but I suppose when you've never really experienced something you can't really miss it. :sad:

I do feel for him. After all its really sad that he can't smell me, I always smell great if I do say so myself. :heehee: I love the smell of my own hair after I've just taken it down from having it pinned up all day at work, but then I'm all about my hair.

Also he can't smell when his clothes are getting a little musty. The worst thing was a few weeks ago when I opened his wardrobe because he want some help to pick out outfits for sparkle when I was hit with a really overpowering plasticy smell. It made me worry at first, as it was such an odd smell. Turns out it was the smell of brand new parasol. Go figure. Who'd have thought they'd smell so odd.

My sense of smell is one of my strongest senses and I also link a lot of smells with memories. Its not uncommon for them to trigger Deju Vu in me, or different emotions.

TGMarla
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
It's true that our sense of smell, while not as developed as most creatures, is one of the most powerful triggers for our actions and our memories. When I first fell in love with my wife, I could smell her when she was not around, sort of a phantom aroma that made me feel happy and amorous. I just love the smell of delicate perfume, and I find it irresistable. Women are so fortunate to be able to wear such delightful scents, while men are stuck with the usual "guy" colognes. And while they also smell good, they're generally a bit musty and unexciting. My wife wears any of five or six scents, and I enjoy taking a whiff of it and trying to guess which one it is that she's wearing.

RachelZ
07-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I have lavender vanilla body wash, and white cherry blossom body butter. Mixing them when I get out of the shower is fantastic.

Lucypink
07-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Aromas always makes us remember things, and there are some perfumes which I love to use as Irresistible from Givenchy and Romance by Este Lauder (I think). When I smell some body else with this aromas, I do not know what I like best, to remember of the great feelings I have When I wear them, or the turn on at he moment of smelling it on some sexy looking girl.
Also I keep a bottle of Victoria secret's Whipped cream, It has a Vanilla like smell and a soft feeling on my skin that by only opening and smelling it is enough to make me feel to CD right there.... Just two examples.
So just forget about the toilet paper for a moment, go Change clothes and do it while dressed.... Hugs, Lucy

Starr
07-29-2009, 07:38 AM
i have always worn the same perfume... and anytime i am out and smell it on a GG it takes me very quickly to my fem self and starts my desire to be fem right that min. i love the way that smell makes me feel, it makes me feel almost like i am dressed and fem when i am not.

Nataliebabe
07-29-2009, 11:54 AM
I haven`t dressed in a few weeks...just because. I had the same thing happend to me. Looked in the cabinet for something and BAM! there it was all of the scents and things. I thought about getting girly for a brief moment and then it was gone.

AllieSummers
07-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't know why but the smell of vanilla and coconut does it for me. I use vanilla/coconut lotion after I shave my legs and stuff and that smell makes me feel so good.

Kisses,

Allie

Jessica Who
07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Scents and smells really stay with you, they can trigger memories or certain emotions.