PDA

View Full Version : finally...

Cissy Chiana
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
...after 32 years of hiding deep in the denial closet I've finally told my parents I'm transgendered and that my ultimate goal is to transition into a woman. I've lived into complete fear of rejection for so long I couldn't remember what a normal life was anymore, now I don't have to lie and decieve the people I love most & hold dearest to me in the world. They're still in a bit of a state of shock but they're very supportive and accepting of me and they kind of realise that things won't be easy for me with all the prejudice and intolerence in the world against all members of the T community but it's a huge step for me, one that's help me back for so long, now I can finally start to become outside the woman I am and have always been inside.

Teri Jean
07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Cissy,
I'm so happy for you and hope you realize everything you want. Go girl and I will be walking with you.

Huggs Teri

Leanne2
07-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi Cissy,
Good for you. That first step is always the biggest. You know from this site that you are not alone. Everyone here would give you a big hug and say," You go girl!" Good luck from one of your many sisters. Leanne

BreenaDion
07-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Wooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo Conratulations Cissy ... SO glad you can join the sisterhood.

Love Bree The New Transwoman ! Hear me Roar :daydreaming::love:

Veronica_Jean
07-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Cissy,

It is a tremendous feeling to finally allow ourselves to be who we have always been.

Good luck and I know you will find a lot of support and help here.

Veronica

Aubrey Green
07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Cissy, sounds like everything worked for you well! Congrats, now let that sink in to your parents a bit, but everythings sounds great for you. HUGS girl!!

:daydreaming:

Cissy Chiana
07-29-2009, 12:52 AM
* hugs Teri Jean*

* hugs Leanne2*

* hugs BreenaDion*

* hugs Veronica_Jean*

* hugs Aubrey Green*

thanks so much for your kind words of support :) I'm like WOW! this morning, like I'm floating on air because I'm one step closer (finally) to transitioning and also majorly worried now about the journey ahead of me, however I know in my head (if not my heart yet) that each small little step is part of the journey and I reckon that by taking it one step at a time then it'll be easier than rushing ahead and doing things I'm not ready to do and mess things up for myself, of course I'll need the right twenty or so pairs of shoes for that, people say that you can't run in heels (although Scully in the X files does a good job), maybe this is to help us ;) Now I'm just rambling randomly so I'll stop

love & hugs
Cissy

GypsyKaren
07-29-2009, 03:40 AM
One step at a time is the way to go, just be sure to enjoy the scenery along the way, and I wish you the best of luck!

Karen :g1:

Empress Lainie
07-29-2009, 04:40 AM
I am so happy for you Cissy. I don't think anything can compare to the feeling you get once you are liberated.

pamela_a
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
That's great Cissy, I'm sooooo happy for you. The road isn't always easy but there are a lot of beautiful things on it. Good journey to you, and know you'll always find friends and support here.

:hugs::hugs:

-Pam-

Carole Cross
07-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats Cissy, coming out to your parents takes a lot of courage and to get their acceptance is a huge boost. I am peased for you that they have stood by you, as mine did. :hugs:

Cissy Chiana
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
My brother and sister in law both know too, in fact my bro was like 'why didn't you tell me this years ago' and stuff and is really uber-supportive and I can't love him enough for it :)