PDA

View Full Version : Deep Breathing Exercises

Phyliss
07-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Had the morning to myself. Kid at Summer school for the morning, wife sleeping in, and no work scheduled. Had a bunch of “stuff” to do. Weather is rather warm, so,…. Dark grey wrap skirt that comes about 3 inches above the knee, fuchsia polo shirt, ( from Woman Within ) matching color sandals to show off my toes, almost matching clip on earrings, a pretty pushup bra to help with what I normally have, (to good result, I might add), hair (what little there is) in a pony tail (sudden inspiration, found a red ribbon to tie in my hair, great fun), and a quick smear of Maybelline E440 go currant .
OK first job of the day. Need to vacuum the pool, gotta be careful about wet surface and sandals. Not worried about neighbors, one “knows” and doesn’t care and the other is too old to be awake at that hour.
Finished that and decide this is too much fun to stop. Have to go to the cleaners to pick up some items, also need to get to the bank, and pay a bill at Maurices, also want to pick up a new towel bar at Lowes, and would you believe it, after all this time I still don’t have an eyelash curler. There just happens to be a Sally Beauty Supply in the same shopping area with Lowes.

Cleaners first, … zero problem, I think the “old fella” can’t see beyond the counter anyhow, so that doesn’t count. Stop at bank, use drive up, that don’t count either. Get to Sally Supply about 5 min to 10, looked in window and figured they weren’t open yet. I knew Maurice wasn’t open then either, so,…Take a deep breath and head for Lowes. Was kinda hoping that I could work my way up to this by stopping into Sally and Maurices first. Only way to learn to swim is jump in the deep end.
Walk into Lowes, put my purse in the cart and head for the area where I know they have what I’m looking for. Don’t look around and see who’s looking at you, breathe slowly and deeply to keep your calm. Head up and be confident, keep breathing slowly and deeply. Pick up item head for self check out. Walk slowly and deliberately, don’t run to escape, you’ve gotten this far. ( Remember this, if the employees value their job they will not say anything. ) only worry about another customer, … but then they’re too busy with their own world to bother noticing. Get to self check out. Scan item bar code and swipe my debit card. Take receipt and item, put in cart head for door.
Go to Sally and when asked by S.A. if I need help, I explain my plight about eye lash curler and lack of one. We spend about half an hour talking about which would be best for me and other aspects of Cding, including her boyfriend, who doesn’t seem to mind her trying out new products on him, and that she’s getting a bit worried about it. Calm her concerns and tell her to “go with the flow” and have fun with it. “Think of it this way” I tell her,” you have your very own real life sized Barbie/Ken doll to play with”
Thank her for her time and advice .
Head over to Maurice to pay my bill and just visit for a few moments. Kinda mentioned to V that I had been into Lowes dressed like I was and nothing was said. She then tells me that they have an employee who is in the process of transitioning. Just when I thought I had done something great, I find out that the trail had already been walked before me. Good for that person, whoever they are. This comment about the employee began a discussion of exactly what was involved with transition, which lead to the question of, would I think about it. My answer was a truthful “I’m not sure right now”

All in all a wonderful morning, just doing simple chores and errands, with little or no problem.

Shannen
07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Sounds like a great day! I might have trouble remaining calm in a Lowe's too... Now, if I'm picking out new makeup or clothes, the world just seems to fade away and I don't even know if there are other people in the store!
:hugs:

Aubrey Green
07-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Phyliss!! What a good adventure. I hope your pulse rate has slowed! Way to go girl, keep it up!!! OH, did you find a good eyelash curler?

:daydreaming: