PDA

View Full Version : meetups and outcomes?

Victoria Gizelle
07-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi, to all that reply, How many of you have actually met someone from here, anywhere or online? set up a date of sorts an outing? gotten dressed up? gone out? and spent the evening at a club, lounge bar, movies, where ever? only to be totally disappointed either from the start or during the evening or at the ending of it? :eek: Only because they didn't meet up to my or your expectations.:Angry3: I have had several meetups and the majority of them 8/10, went south quickly.. are my or your standards to high? what is acceptable and what isn't ? I try to blend in but also look good. not call unwanted attention to myself.

CD Susan
07-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Victoria, I have met four people from this website in the past year. One of these has become a very dear friend of mine and I am grateful for this website making this possible. I have gone out with several of these friends and the experience was always enjoyable. I am sorry to hear of your negative experiences and wish it could have turned out better for you.

PheonaP
07-29-2009, 03:56 AM
I think in most cases it depends heavily on expectations.
What are your expectations at a "meet up". If you put yourself in "drab mode" are your expectations any different?
Perhaps the expectations of those youe meet with are different from your own and that is what sours the meeting, different expectations produce different outcomes.
Sorry you haven't had some good meet up experiences. Time for reflection I think.
Have you ever attended some of the Events shown in the Event Diary, ie Diva Las Vegas, SCC etc? These sorts of meet ups should only produce positives for you and a great opportunity to meet with other members from this forum.

Marcia Blue
07-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Victoria, Welcome to the family. I have only meet up with one member since joining this site. The meeting was a positive experience. I have new friend.

Trycia
07-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Welcome Victoria, enjoy the site. I've never met anyone from here yet

Sarah_GG
07-29-2009, 07:51 AM
I've met several fantastic people from this site. Each one a delight. :)

Sara Jessica
07-29-2009, 08:10 AM
I have never met up with anyone from this site for a specific outing or anything like that. Those who I have met have been through happenstance elsewhere which includes meeting a few ladies from these parts at Diva Las Vegas.

There have been a couple "near misses" from this site which are a bit frustrating and as such, I don't put too much effort into this any longer.

Roxi Loh
07-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I have not met anyone from this site, through this site but I have met with other girls from other networking sites. I usually insist on chatting a couple of times before solidifying a meeting. This gives me a chance to get a sense for their conversation topics, humor, intelligence and personality. We also exchange photos and get a sense of their look and style. I have found this to be most helpful.

Barbara B
07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
I haven't met anyone from this site yet, although I have found a few quite local, so hopefully new friends will be made at some point. I have met and made new friends from another site I use, and all have been positive experiences so far.

Teri Jean
07-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Victoria, I'm sory your experiance was not as good as it could have been. I have met a girl from here and we have become good friends and hopefully my future endevors will be the same and I have no doubts they will but as in life you will run into people who can hurt you but that is life. Keep trying to get out and meet people.

Huggs Teri

renee44
07-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi, to all that reply, How many of you have actually met someone from here, anywhere or online? set up a date of sorts an outing? gotten dressed up? gone out? and spent the evening at a club, lounge bar, movies, where ever? only to be totally disappointed either from the start or during the evening or at the ending of it? :eek: Only because they didn't meet up to my or your expectations.:Angry3: I have had several meetups and the majority of them 8/10, went south quickly.. are my or your standards to high? what is acceptable and what isn't ? I try to blend in but also look good. not call unwanted attention to myself.

I wish I knew the answer to this because I also have about a 99% noshow ratio.

Renee

Kate17
07-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I have and I consider it great ! I met someone at the Rainbow Cactus in Phoenix and I believe we are becoming friends - I hope someday good friends. I am also sure I will meet up with others from here. Now speaking in general, I have tried to meet many others and yes, many times we never get it together.( not from here) It's yes, great, lets meet - bla bla bla then nothing. So girls, its just the way people are. I have another local lady from this site that I plan to meet up with when we can and I am sure it is going to happen. We have talked on the phone. That by the way is important if they are serious. Now on the other hand, I had planned to meet a few from this site in Phoenix one night and I screwed up and could not find the place - so she probably thinks I am a flake - oops!

SweetCaroline
07-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I've meet quite a few people from this site, and through the internet in general. In fact, I now help moderate a group that is devoted to helping girls meet-up, and I've honestly never been disappointed in a single person I've meet. People are different in "real life" than they are on-line--it's true. There are certain things such as voices and mannerisms that can't be convayed through typing and picture sharing. But it's my honest opinion, that meeting in person is always better.

PaulaJaneThomas
07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I've met lots of people from internet forums. They've always seemed very nice but perhaps my standards are too low?

Nicki B
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I've met lots of people from internet forums. They've always seemed very nice but perhaps my standards are too low?

Must be - you met me.. :eek:

Olivia
07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
I made a friend right here. We lived fairly close to each other and she and I met in person in a motel room about halfway. I had never met another crossdresser before and I was pretty nervous, as was she. My wife gave her blessing, but was certainly a bit anxious too; as much about meeting a 'stranger' as anything else. We met and had a great evening visiting and being dressed together. It did feel odd at first, but soon it was just so nice to be so relaxed and comfortable with someone who was 'like' me.:) We've met since and have gone to several support group meetings together. In fact, she and my wife have corresponded through email. In all, I felt like we made a great new friend. O

MsJanessa
07-29-2009, 09:01 PM
dating as a Gurl is like any other kind of dating sometimes it goes really welland I hit it off and sometimes not----usually I have a good time particularly with other CDs I've met a couple of the ladies from this site and they were super---It all depends I think on your expectations

renee k
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I've several girls from this site and it's always been a great experience.

Renee

TxKimberly
07-29-2009, 09:26 PM
No exaggeration here - I've met at least 20 people from here, and every single one of them was worth the meeting. Most weren't just "worth" meeting, they were honestly outstanding people that I now consider friends. The thing is I will not meet someone unless I've taken a look at what they post to get a picture of what kind of person I'm dealing with. To date, I don't think I've declined the chance to meet anyone from this forum, but I have declined to meet other people that offered through the internet.
So again, my advice to you is to search for their posts and their threads and take a good look through them. If they have been around a while, you will probably find enough information to make reasonable sound decision as to meet or not meet them.

msginaadoll
07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
I have only met one person from this forum, and it was a definite pleasure to meet her. I think its always good to meet someplace neutral and that you both can enjoy relax at. I have met a number of other ladies both cd and gg as well as men from online forums. I cant say that I regret meeting anyone of them. Some I even consider friends.

CharleneT
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I count several people from here as close friends. I can't tell from what you've said, but it sounds like some of the meetings you had were dates ? Different kind of expectation if that is the case. Anyway, most folks here are very normal and wonderful people - at least those I've met.

Gisele
07-30-2009, 06:58 AM
I've just met one so far and that's TxKimberly. She was a pure delight to have met. I wish we would have had more time out but in the short time we sat and talked at the bar it was pretty nice.

Too tell you the truth I was real nervous but not for being dressed in public but meeting with Kim....as she is sort of a celebrity here.:)

Joy Carter
07-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Met five or six from here, in fact a couple have remained close, even though we biker about politics. LoL :D

laura.lapinski
07-30-2009, 09:06 AM
I haven't met anyone from this site yet, but some day I would like to. I have met a GG from another non-CD site after a few weeks of emailing, but just as a friend. It was a good experience. I've emailed/PMed back and forth with quite a few on this site and have enjoyed it--in fact, I wish others would write back to me more often, but I don't put any expectations on anyone (or demands) because I know how busy life is.

PaulaJaneThomas
07-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Must be - you met me.. :eek:

I think you were of the few who weren't frightened off by the sight of me in full beer guzzling mode LOL. :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

DianneW
07-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I made a suggestion in the Meeting Place forum to the Northern Ill. gals about getting together (in drab of course) for lunch or coffee & have had many POSITIVE responses. Hopefully this will take place in the near future. It will most likely be at a restaurant, so we are on common ground & is open to everyone who wishes to attend. If interested, send me a PM & I'll give you the specifics, when I get them.

Victoria Gizelle
07-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Ok I feel I may need to elaborate a little in regards to; I have met gurls from here and other venues, that being said; here is how it went, ok we talk on phone, chat online, meet in drab. ok so far so good. right?:thumbsdn: NO WAY, the day the meet or outing takes place, you show up with NO clothes NO makeup!! :eek: WTF! or your an old man 60 plus trying the brittney spears look OMG :eek: then you would like to borrow my things for the night. NO WAY! I am very easy going but come on PLEASE! I dont feel my expectations are high at all :2c: CAUTION is the key word here. if I say no I'm a bitch or I have an ego trip. :tongueout

TxKimberly
07-30-2009, 10:20 PM
. . . the day the meet or outing takes place, you show up with NO clothes NO makeup!!. . . .

Actually that reminds me of another rule I have when meeting people. At least for the first time, it's got to be some place public. Not your house, not my house, not a hotel room. I want it to be some place where there are a lot of people around to help me out if they turn out to be creepy. There are a couple of people I have made exceptions for, but that would only be someone that I have chatted with a LOT and for a long time - many months or years.

Miranda09
07-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Actually that reminds me of another rule I have when meeting people. At least for the first time, it's got to be some place public. Not your house, not my house, not a hotel room. I want it to be some place where there are a lot of people around to help me out if they turn out to be creepy. There are a couple of people I have made exceptions for, but that would only be someone that I have chatted with a LOT and for a long time - many months or years.

Good rule of thumb Kimberly. I haven't met too many girls from here, but those that I have met, Jenee for one, have been enjoyable experiences. :)

Mitzi
07-30-2009, 11:13 PM
the day the meet or outing takes place.....your an old man 60 plus trying the brittney spears look OMG

Ouch... I'm one of your 60 plus (waaay plus!!) old men, but would never go out in public "trying the brittney spear look". What bothers me, I can sense a general disdain of us older folks.

Mitzi

dana55
07-30-2009, 11:32 PM
hi when i dont set my expectations so high, i end up being less likely to be disappointed

Sara Jessica
07-31-2009, 09:21 AM

Right on Kimberly, I haven't met a ton of tg folks following online correspondence but I couldn't fathom not meeting in a public place. Seems kind of like a no-brainer but still, something that needed to be said.

...you show up with NO clothes NO makeup!! :eek: WTF!...then you would like to borrow my things for the night.

Equally unfathomable, actually it's quite a horrifying scenario for this girl to imagine.

Maybe it's a function of the type of transgendered individuals I've met through the internet. There has always been a connection besides the tg thing, usually having to do with juggling family and career with our transgendered being but even music has been a key first step in a dear friendship I made some time ago.

Just because two individuals are TG, it doesn't mean they'll have anything else in common that could sustain a friendship.

Kathi Lake
07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
I did meet a member here for a very brief time. I was doing a girly half-day (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106205) and was looking for some shoes. She was in the area, but not enfemme. I was, so it was a little awkward, I guess. Anyway, as I had already "chatted" with her multiple times before through this site, the ice was already broken. All in all, it was a good, if too brief, meeting.

Kathi

allisonrn06
07-31-2009, 10:19 AM
I've never met anyone fom here or any other website, but hoping that will change by the end of the year.

PretzelGirl
08-01-2009, 07:17 PM
One thing I am not seeing a mentioned a lot here is how your wife/gf feels about it. There are a lot of things we do that have the potential to make our SO nervous or unhappy. Meeting people off of the internet has a stigma attached to it because of the sexual predators that are out there that appear in the news. They may be far and away the minority, but they get the press. So I think discussing it with your SO is a very important step. Otherwise, they could be worried about your safety or maybe even that you could be leaving them. Communication is the key (as always).

My wife had a boundary of my not meeting anyone when I first started posting here. I travel a lot and would love to meet regulars here. I broached the subject with her a couple of months later and she is okay with me meeting people as long as it isn't dressed. Even given that, I would check in with her each and every time an opportunity presented itself because I want her to be comfortable with what I do. If she feels like there are things that she doesn't know, then she could be worried about my activities and possibly, our relationship. I don't ever want that to happen.

Intertwined
08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I have met 1 couple from this forum… Wow… and that is an understatement, they are two of the nicest people, our very own “ Holly “ and her S.O.

We met at a nice Italian restaurant, had lunch, and visited for over an hour.

Holly had read in one of my posts, that I very much wanted to meet another CD, and just so happened, she is vacationing in my home town this week, and she suggested we meet for lunch.

I am still in Awe, I am not sure how I expected it to go, it was just a group of people, enjoying a good meal, and great conversation, we talked about Jobs, Vacationing, Family, told jokes, Holly had a Great one, something about 2 birds with one stone