PDA

View Full Version : You cd, but how many of you are DUDES too!

KateSpade83
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Crossdressing is just a fault I am too drawn into to quit. But when not crossdressed and in guy mode I'm a DUDE too! I grew up a Dude! Played Little League Baseball and was designated hitter and 2nd base and later center field and our team went to the League World Series. Starter in 7th & 8th grade school basketball team and MVP against the toughest and tallest team in the League! I would have liked to have been a Pro Basketball player but that dream died when I stopped growing past 5' 4" tall freshman year H.S. But then I got hooked into the Dude sport, BMX Freestyle!

I fell in love with bmx freestyle back in 1983. I got lucky and made friends with a guy named Eric who was once with the Curb Dogs, - an early bmx freestyle group. He came from California and hung out with Dave Vanderspeck, and he also had Eddie Fiola's shirt from a skatepark session shown in the FREESTYLIN' magazine.

So now, bmx freestyle is the current dude sport I got back into this year. But I also did road biking and raced 2 Criteriums at the toughest criterium course in the nation at Downer's Grove [The course for the National Criterium Race].

The only thing "not dude" about me is the lack of a pretty GF.

So what dude things do you do are are you unspectacular or are a sissy?

kellycan27
07-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Not i !!!!

Andy66
07-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh my. That sounds like a lot of bragging and maybe a little hostility. What's really bugging you?

LilSissyStevie
07-29-2009, 10:56 PM
... or are a sissy?

Guess!:tongueout

sissystephanie
07-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I am definitely not a total sissy! Even though my profile lists my name as SissyStephanie. At my age, 77, I am not sure that I could be classified as a "Dude" either. But I am a man! As my tag line says, lady on the outside but man underneath.

Your "resume" sounds impressive, albeit a lot like bragging! I could not match it and really don't care. But I do spend a lot more time with men than I do with women. My big thing is Charity work through my Church, and that is mostly with other men. Even my late wife commented, more than once, that I was for sure more guy than Stephanie!

KateSpade83
07-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Oh my. That sounds like a lot of bragging and maybe a little hostility. What's really bugging you?

Huh? People always misunderstand me here or get rubbed the wrong way inadvertantly from some of my threads...

Barbara Dugan
07-29-2009, 11:07 PM
when I am not dressed I am just a regular :doh: dude I used to be a mean soccer player and fierce Vball player too..I still hit some balls once in while so definitely not a sissy:hugs:

Cheshire Gummi
07-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Yo, bra, I know what you're rappin'. I'm just sittin' here, peepin' the threads and poundin' a couple brewtowskies.

Honestly, I love metal. Speed metal, metalcore, heavy metal, industrial metal, stoner metal, even a bit of alt and nu metal (Korn is something of a guilty pleasure for me). I'd say that's my "dude" thing.

But I can totally enjoy that when I'm being girly. I mean, what's wrong with a chick cracking some Metallica?

Nothing, that's what.

Wanna wrastle? :B

Ediosa
07-29-2009, 11:11 PM
I was captain of my high school baseball team, captain and quarterback of my high school football team. Was going to be drafted by a major league team (scouts can to see me), but lost that when a had a string of 6 games when I totally sucked at playing centerfield. I was also a member of my high school varsity wrestling team, and played varsity basketball for 2 years. I also like to high dive, cliff jump, bungee jump and will like to skydive. I am also a mechanic of turbines and while in the military, I was a long distance runner, and played for my ships championship softball team.

CD Susan
07-29-2009, 11:18 PM

I have to agree with Anne. I have to wonder about you sometimes Kate. I do not consider crossdressing a "fault" as you feel it is. It is unfortunate that you have not yet learned to accept this part of yourself. I hope you will eventually change your way of how you feel about yourself.

Misty is Kindafem
07-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Huh? People always misunderstand me here or get rubbed the wrong way inadvertantly from some of my threads...

Don't sweat it Katie, the vast majority of people straight or bent just don't get the extreme sports deal. I totally understand what you're trying to say. I've been a hockey player and a motocrosser and I still love those sports dearly. I haven't followed football since I was a kid and most guys today snicker because I don't know the players or teams but they do NOT want to race me on a dirtbike. This bitch will absolutely embarrass you on a motocross track. It's not bragging darling, it's training and unless you've raced for at least a few years don't even start the smack talk. I've been beat plenty of times by other racers but never by a loudmouth macho asshole who thought he could totally ride better than a little pansy like me. The fact is going fast and big air is all about technique and not about muscle. It's guts baby not balls. ;-), though I have both, even though I am absolutely not macho in any way. Some would even call me a sissy. I am a sissy in fact.

BMX is no joke Kate and I have respect. Please don't take these girls seriously, they just don't understand.

I don't want this. I did not ask or choose to be this way. I tried so hard to be a boy, but look at me. Look at my skin, touch my hands, smell my hair, I'm not like any boy you've ever known.

Kiss me.

-Misty

GBNatarii
07-30-2009, 02:56 AM
I don't think I've ever classified myself as a "dude." But since every one seems to be commenting on how different their male mode is compared to female mode, I suppose I'll go along.

I have some respect for dirt bikers, and BMX and all that. Used to watch a little bit of it, but didn't like it. For me, it's always been wrestling. Started in middle school, and did it all the way through 10th grade when I dropped out. I'll admit right off the bat that I'm the greatest wrestler in the world. Went 1-16 freshman year. But I did improve, went 3-0 sophomore year. guess I shouldn't have dropped out of high school.

After that, did judo and jujitsu in college. Did some Japanese sword training, and American knife training. I just really truly believe in a person being able to defend themselves out in the world.

Does any of that classify me as a "dude"? If not... well, just look at my signature.

TJ Tresa
07-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Kate I belong to a men's only club, I play golf (not very good at it), I ride a bike, and I enjoy horse back riding, fishing, water sking, I often wear a cowboy hat, most of the time I wear a ball cap. I dress up behind closed doors, I don't venture out (at lest not yet) because I don't think I can pass.

WHENIMWENDY
07-30-2009, 03:39 AM
I was and still am also a hardcore, stage diving, leather jacket with spikes,skull band shirt wearing metal head. I'm also a semi- retired "lets slam beers and then skate and destroy" skateboarder from the old school. I also don't own a car by choice and ride my mountain bike everywhere. Most of the friends i've come out to say that they had no idea that i have way more girls clothes than boys. I put up this great image of being a respected member of the hard/tough guy club, but really am not even close to this image. I think of this as being a bunny rabbit in a rattle snake suit. I also know that both sides are me they just balance my world out.

Frédérique
07-30-2009, 03:39 AM

I would answer unspectacular. I played baseball and hockey, but I was never picked for a sports team of any kind when I was in school. As a result, I developed more introverted pursuits when I was young. I became an artist, and I found my “arena.” I must say I’m highly feared in national fine art competitions – does that make me a “dude?”

I do not consider crossdressing a "fault" as you feel it is.

I agree with you, Susan…

It's guts baby not balls. ;-), though I have both, even though I am absolutely not macho in any way. Some would even call me a sissy. I am a sissy in fact.

I’ve had to be macho now and then, and I hated every minute of it, in fact it made me sick. It’s not fun to be a boy at times. I aspire to be a sissy – I like that word. Call me a sissy-in-progress, trying to leave all unpleasant aspects of being “male” behind. It’s not hard, in fact it begins with removing a bunch of ugly clothes and replacing them with something more beautiful…

PS – Misty, I absolutely love your signature!

Jeanna
07-30-2009, 05:09 AM
I'm thinking that you are trying to validate your issue by seeing is someone else may have same. Many of us do just that and it's mostly what occurs in a forum. What I find offensive is showing how macho you are/were then ask if were sissies. Be careful, many women hate that term too. I'm a dude until I die,no two ways about it. I love my feminine side too but she is too pretty for my line of work.

I'll humor you,,,I'm not a sissy

"Dude looks like a lady"
Arrow Smith

Deborah Jane
07-30-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm not bragging man so don't put me down
But i've got the fastest set of wheels in town
When someone comes up to me they don't even try
Coz if she had a set of wings i know she could fly

I don't feel the need to brag, the facts speak for themselves :tongueout

BTW...I'm a dudette, happy know matter how i present!!

TSchapes
07-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Crossdressing is just a fault I am too drawn into to quit.

I'm with you half way on this, I am drawn to it like all TGs here, I do not view it as a fault.

But when not crossdressed and in guy mode I'm a DUDE too! I grew up a Dude! Played Little League Baseball and was designated hitter and 2nd base and later center field and our team went to the League World Series. Starter in 7th & 8th grade school basketball team and MVP against the toughest and tallest team in the League! I would have liked to have been a Pro Basketball player but that dream died when I stopped growing past 5' 4" tall freshman year H.S. But then I got hooked into the Dude sport, BMX Freestyle!

My team sports experience was dismal. I had the opposite problem. I grew too fast. I was 6' tall in 6th grade and was made fun of because of my lack of coordination. In high school I played Freshman Football was starting defensive tackle on the first string. Got hurt, and was never brought back up. I quit and concentrated on playing my sax in band. Playing in the band got me a scholarship to North Texas State University (now University of North Texas). So I think I picked the safer and more advantageous endeavor.

The only thing "not dude" about me is the lack of a pretty GF.

You say that people don't understand you. I think we do. We just don't agree with you, which is different. I've never cared for the sissy or the "wussy" taunts. For that is what they are. And some of your statements in the past have come off as somewhat misogynist. If you are worried about being a sissy and then are drawn to women's clothing this can be a source of internal conflict.

I was not a dude from the beginning. I was always somewhere in between. I did not understand why I couldn't play with the girls in Kindergarten. I played with dolls, played jump rope, and loved to dance. I was told then that this was not the thing to do for a young boy. I was not opposed to playing the rougher games the boys played. Like seeing how hard you could hit someone in the arm without them screaming. I just wanted to be able to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. It took a number of years for the "Forces that be" to drum the girl out of me. Obviously, it didn't work...

Again, I have nothing against dude things. I just don't think they are exclusively dude things, nor should the girly things that I love be exclusively girly things. AND, a persons worth should not be determined by which side you choose, only by how well they do them.

Thanks for posting Kate!

-Tracy

Angelofsomekind
07-30-2009, 06:52 AM
I'd say besides the dressing, I'm just your average everyday normal guy, the one you walk past every day and don't see because I'm just part of the group.

RachelZ
07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I was at a concert yesterday and I love moshing. I got head-butted in the face really hard.

Rachel-"Oh no. I hope that dosen't swell up and brusie":sad:

Drab- "Awesome! I got head-butted in the face and I hope it swells and gets all bruised!":tongueout

skirtsuit
07-30-2009, 01:46 PM
I think most CDs (not TGs) are just regular guys that do the whole variety of regular guy things. Crossdressing does not make you some sort sissy/fag or something!. For me, it's a whole other realm of experience and I'm perfectly happy enjoying it in its place, but when I'm not dressed, I don't swish around in hot pants and call everyone 'girlfriend'!

All the Best,
SS / Ann

PS - I hope nobody misconstrues my uses of words like fag & sissy. I am very open minded and not in the least bit homophobic, infact alittle Bi myself. They are just short -hand for effement gay men

MissConstrued
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I just figured since Kate felt she needed to tell the world how macho she is, she must be feeling insecure about something.

I know that was the assumption, and you weren't the only one to make it. Your post was the one that got singled out.

It's just like the assumption that a guy who drives a sports car or a big pickup is trying to compensate for something -- as if by default a Prius owner should be hung like a horse.

Throwing around accusations of insecurity is the new insult. "You're ugly!" "Oh yeah? You're insecure and your momma dresses you funny! Nyah!" "Oh yeah? Well you have unresolved deep-seated psychological issues stemming from a childhood without an available father! So there!"

cindym5_04
07-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh I'm total dude... I'm a sportsaholic!! Over the years, I've been into basketball, softball, football (flag and touch), volleyball (indoor and beach), and soccer. Even now I referee soccer and have a recreational team that I started and fully run. When not playing sports I have them on TV... oh yeah and I LOVE UFC!!!

Nicole Erin
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Kate - I used to love BMX and freestyle when I was a kid, good times :D
OK fine, I was terrible at it, but it was still fun. At the time I so wanted a light blue GT Pro Performer freestyle bike. Of course for a 12 or 13 year old kid, $300 or more was WAY out of my reach.
But these days, I guess my dude side likes to work on cars. Well I *can* do it, don't really enjoy it.

[

Sarah Doepner
07-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I have, on more than one occasion, allowed my testostorone to guide my activities. The adrenaline rush of doing something dangerous or just fast or competative is quite an interesting experience. I still do things that are predominently in the "Dude" world, but more and more women are moving in. I just went on a 4 day backpacking trip in bear country. While that used to be a "Dude" activity, this time there were 4 young women on the trip and they did great.

Fortunately I'm old enough now that I don't worry if I'm doing something to match a "type". For example, if caring for my grandkids and picking out matching outfits for the little girls is sissy, that's okay by me. At the same time if someone threatens them in any way, I'll Dude-up real fast.

I like not just the flexibility that being a crossdresser offers, but the range of activities and emotions and attitudes that it encourages. Kate, don't worry about being a Dude who also crossdresses. Embrace the full range and don't beat yourself up. You deserve the best and it starts with self awareness and acceptance. Consider Roller Derby - that would fit in both worlds.

kasha
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
I've been training Mixed Martial Arts and Kickboxing for a long time. I'm hoping to get good enough to compete . . . against other men :D

Jaclyn NM
07-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, lets see: In high school I played football, basketball, baseball, and track. In college, I played football for two years, and thereafter a number of intramural sports. In the Air Force, I flew, served in Viet Nam, and played a bit of rugby. And now I golf twice a week, and ski about twenty days in the winter. So I guess that when I'm not dressed up all girly (which I obviously love to do), I could pass as a "dude".

PaulaJaneThomas
07-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I have no idea who/what a dude is. Nor do I wish to know.

Wen4cd
07-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I guess I put 60 miles a week on the old Schwinn Varsity, (ten miles every mornng before work.) I don't see it as competitive, if that's what 'dude' means. It's quiet time to think and exercise.

It would do me no good to race anything but a clock. If I get back in time to shower for work, I win. ;)

I do play a mean game of badminton though... and a crappy game of tennis.

sexysusie
07-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Sigh! Sweetie, yes you are a dude, and also a pretty girl. Both. So, you can REALLY appreciate the testosterone "thrust" that dudes do so well...the hard work, sacrifice of your body/health, and the pain it takes to do something dude so well. That is wonderful, really.

Along the way, you seem to have unfolded your girl-self, too, which is a gift. There is so much to discover in your feminine self...a particular kind of love, wisdom, compassion, tenderness...so much more!
As for me, I'm a triathlete/Duathlete, competing at the World Championships level as an age grouper. I was a marathoner and ...well, lots of those things. My idol is Chrissie Wellington!!!! She ROCKS!!! I'd love to look as cute as her, be as buff....and go as fast!

Hugs, and kisses, too, if you'd like....

Be assured that many of us here are dudes, and girls, and sissys, too. It's all good.

Stacyy
07-30-2009, 04:56 PM
I used to horseride for several years and i was the only guy in that riding-school (among the girls), i loved it :)
Crossing the obstacles and all that gallopping was great adrenaline :)

Sara Jean
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
i cant say i was ever really much into sports. but cars and anything with a motor i am. I think my first word had to have been car. I work on cars customize them and race them but i still find myself thinking "oh i love that dress" or "Thats a cute skirt" when i see something i like

Rogina B
07-30-2009, 07:48 PM
After a lifetime of doing boy stuff [beating my body up]as a worldwide commercial fisherman,I :heehee: enjoy all the girl stuff I can.And,I don't want to go to hunting camp either!

Jessica Who
07-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I am into a lot of traditionally male things, like sports, video games and action movies. However, I have really gotten away from that type of gender bias that society has hammered us with since birth. I don't consider anything to be "manly" or "womanly" anymore, because everything can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of gender identity and expression.

battybattybats
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Hmmm....

I did ballet as a male, as a child on doctors orders as an alternative to surgery on the arches of my feet and again later in my 20's.

I always hated sport but did martial arts, from karate to medieval recreation, I did fencing (where the best competitiors locally were women).. all these were scupperred by my deteriorating disability, but I do still manage the occassional day of Tai-chi including tai-chi sword.

I still play video games and roleplaying... but there are girls as well as boys in the regular dungeons and dragons game and also in our multi-player x-box gaming nights. I paint wargaming miniatures and occassionally play warhammer and warhammer 40,00 amongst others.. oh but there's girls playing that in my social-set now too!

Nah, there are GG girls in all these things. Nothing is really 'dude'-ish anymore.

stephaniesacd
07-30-2009, 09:23 PM
When I'm in guy mode, i'm all cowboy. I grew up that way riding and training horses as well as riding bulls. Didn't stop riding the bulls until 3 years ago and still ride and train the horses. Don't really consider myself a sissy but definitely discovering and loving my feminine side..:daydreaming:

Kelly DeWinter
07-30-2009, 09:52 PM
I really don't understand the question ?

MonikaW
07-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Well since being a dude seems to be about athletic and sports interests, I can safely say that I have never been a dude. No one will ever mistake me for an athlete. I have no interest in sports. I do not participate in any sports, and I find watching them to be utterly boring.

I would never consider myself to be a sissy either. I'm a self-confident individual and not at all submissive either.

Missy
07-30-2009, 11:38 PM
ok i have played football i have worked on cars and trucks i do take care of the yard work take out the trash to the curb
work on the house and all sort of dude things most of the time i am very underdressed while doing things dudes do
hoe this helps

Misty is Kindafem
07-31-2009, 01:16 AM
PS – Misty, I absolutely love your signature!

Thank you.

Bottom line, there are some awesome athletes out there who happen to be female. Sports are not inherently macho, in fact I submit that the women's version of any given sport is far better executed if not quite as spectacular.

Women, and I think those of us who are a little lighter on the testosterone, approach competition differently then the macho types.

I've said before that I am not a very masculine boy and competing as hard as I can isn't gonna change that. I know because I spent most of my life trying.

I wanted Katie to know that many of us are athletes and gurls and that's totally okay. If racing BMX made you a boy then all of our brothers on the FtM board would be signing up immediately.

-Misty

carolynn2fem
07-31-2009, 05:50 AM
I dont do sports. dont know that id say that is a girly thing. i'm very mechanicaly enclined and tend to be adventerous.

Like Persephone88 i like metal music, motorcycles, and other stuff that could be classified as guy stuff

kasha
07-31-2009, 10:51 AM
I've been training Mixed Martial Arts and Kickboxing for a long time. I'm hoping to get good enough to compete . . . against other men :D

So I replied to this thread without thinking much about it. The truth is there really are no dude exclusive activities, except for peeing while standing up. And rightly so there shouldn't be any gal exclusive activities . . . save child birth.

And aren't we all about doing so called female exclusive activities to break down stereotypes of traditional male and female roles? So why claim sports, cars, etc as "DUDE" activities. Would a woman boxer consider boxing a male role? Or would she consider it just her chosen profession.

So is fighting considered a traditionally male activity. Yes. But lets not get sucked into believing and propagating traditional gender roles. BTW, I was reminded of just how non-male my training partner was after she trapped my roundhouse, swept my leg, mounted me and proceeded to ground and pound me.

:o

Amalia
07-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd have to say I come off as a "dude" for the most part. I follow rugby and can get pretty into it, but so does my 88 year old grandmother and my mum..... I also go out Airsofting with friends when i get the chance, but i also do some pretty feminine things while in guy mode so who knows.

Ranma
07-31-2009, 11:25 AM
I skateboard and snowboard. I even skydive every now and then (haven't done that in about 4 years though). I don't think this really makes me a dude so to speak but i guess i can be one if i want.

Daintre
07-31-2009, 11:27 AM
I really have no time for labels, they are limiting at best. We are who we are.

kimberly ann487
07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm more dude than dudette, but I'm working on it. lol

KristiMartin
07-31-2009, 12:25 PM
I skateboard and snowboard. I even skydive every now and then (haven't done that in about 4 years though). I don't think this really makes me a dude so to speak but i guess i can be one if i want.

A fellow jumper! I put it on hold a few years back but I got 500 in before then and was even an instructor (IAD). I mainly focused on high-performance canopy flight (swooping), freeflying, and wingsuit flight. I do miss the sky though.

Back to Kate's question though, I don't know what one would consider to be a "dude" activity. Even in extreme sports, I knew women who could absolutely kill it at the national and world level in every discipline of skydiving, high-performance canopy flight and BASE jumping.

The lines are too blurred (thank goodness) in most sport now to say that one belongs primarily to one gender.

And I have to comment on calling CD'ing a fault. I don't see it that way. I think it's had a big influence on the person I've turned out to be and I know my wife is happy with who I am. That's all that matters to me.:)

Blue skies,

Kristi

Kerrylee61
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Never ever ever.

Kerry

Princess Chantal
07-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes I'm a "Dude"..... I take great pleasures in standing up while relieving myself, leaving the toilet seat up afterwards, and having the women whine about it
:D
and with 6" heels to add to the difficulty makes it more of a challenging sport
:heehee:

Marcy_in_hose
07-31-2009, 05:23 PM
When I'm not dressed or in 'girl' mode, I am a typical guy. I listen to underground hip-hop (Aesop Rock, Cage, Immortal Technique, Zion I etc...) and like to bump that shit in my 07' Eclipse. I have 2 10'' subs with a 1000 watt amp powering them. I like to work on customizing my car and doing my own oil changes and stuff.

I could never do the car stuff dressed I think, though I never have tried...

Joanie_Shakti
07-31-2009, 06:47 PM
I've never cared for sports, except for open wheel racing. But when IRL split off from Indycar (CART) and F1 forsake the US Grand Prix in Phoenix after reassuring the city that they weren't pulling out, I lost interest in that. The only sports I enjoyed to any extent personally has been swimming (never did it competitively) and karate. Had to stop karate due to the work schedule and it was tearing up my knees. I felt bad that I had to quit when my ex sensi a few years later told me that I was pretty good at it.

Never liked being around a bunch of rowdy guys and I often get quiet in groups, which often gets me questions of why I'm so quiet, which just makes me more withdrawn. I love almost everything about women and admire them so much. My admiration is one reason I dress, to emulate them. I've always liked doing some "girly" things, and feel that women get the better deal with their pampering and soft, silky fabrics and bright colors and patterns. So I pamper myself when I'm able to.

If that makes me a "sissy," so be it. I like myself much more when I embrace the female side of myself instead of trying to supress it. I can't stand macho and there's no way I would try to be so myself.

Crysten
07-31-2009, 09:22 PM
While I never quite got the idea as to how men chasing balls around is not in some way gayer than hell, my MACHOness took a bit of a different line. I'm a fairly accomplished rock climber and mountaineer. I've completed difficult climbs all over Europe, to include Grande Jorasses near Chamonix France, the Campanile de Val Montagnia & Tre Cime de Lavaredo in the Italian Alps, **ATTEMPTED** the Eiger in Switzerland (weather forced us down), difficult limestone cragging in Slovenia, and winter mountaineering in Glen Coe, Scotland (1000 ft ice climb in frigid temps and horrible weather in Febuary - I love Scotland :)). Lots more, too many to list here.

The scariest one - a climb called "A Dream of White Horses" climb in NW Wales. It got it's name from the fact that it's an extremely overhanging sea cliff and 200 feet DIRECTLY BELOW YOU massive waves are crashing on HUGE rocks (the "White Horses" being the walls of water coming off the ocean). Get's the adreniline pumping just a bit :). Best not to fall off that one (thank god I didn't). Nothing below and around you but air, it's the most exposed climb I ever did.

Well, there you have it. I've slowed down a bit since my kids were born. But my wifey says I'm still crazier than hell. What'cha gonna do.

Crysten

While I never quite got the idea as to how men chasing balls around is not in some way gayer than hell, my MACHOness took a bit of a different line. I'm a fairly accomplished rock climber and mountaineer. I've completed difficult climbs all over Europe, to include Grande Jorasses near Chamonix France, the Campanile de Val Montagnia & Tre Cime de Lavaredo in the Italian Alps, **ATTEMPTED** the Eiger in Switzerland (weather forced us down), difficult limestone cragging in Slovenia, and winter mountaineering in Glen Coe, Scotland (1000 ft ice climb in frigid temps and horrible weather in Febuary - I love Scotland :)). Lots more, too many to list here.

The scariest one - a climb called "A Dream of White Horses" climb in NW Wales. It got it's name from the fact that it's an extremely overhanging sea cliff and 200 feet DIRECTLY BELOW YOU massive waves are crashing on HUGE rocks (the "White Horses" being the walls of water coming off the ocean). Get's the adreniline pumping just a bit :). Best not to fall off that one (thank god I didn't). Nothing below and around you but air, it's the most exposed climb I ever did.

Well, there you have it. I've slowed down a bit since my kids were born. But my wifey says I'm still crazier than hell. What'cha gonna do.

Crysten

So, there used to be a HUGE indoor climbing wall in Birminghm England, called "The Rock Face" (they tore it down to make - a damn parking lot!!) Anyhow, my climbing partner and I showed up one day, got our gear sorted, and I ABSOLUTELY NAILED the hardest climb in the place. The owner walked over and said "you just beat the fastest time up the World Cup qualifying route". Too bad I didn't (and still don't) care about competing.

:) Crysten (I just remembered that one, and I think it's a cool story)

Nonsense!! you should stay dressed up and compete against the ladies!! (who am I kidding, they would kick your ass faster than the guys would prolly :)).

Crysten

Amy Sue
07-31-2009, 09:58 PM
When not in girl mode I am a total Dude. I play ice hockey and watch baseball nonstop (watching the Yankees now) I am huge into College football, especially the Buckeyes and love doing "guy things" around the house such as mowing, repairs etc.

Amy :)

Eve_WA
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM

Kate,

Im sure it was unintentional, but the words 'unspectacular' can be taken by some to be derogatory, as can sissy (though many here have embraced the term and made it their own, much in the same way that homosexuals have embraced the word gay). How this comes off to me, and it appears many others, if your not a dude, then your nothing special. Same for you calling your crossdressing a 'fault'. Many here do not feel it is a fault, but a gift, to be cherished and embraced!

Again, I dont believe it was intentional. But I have noticed this in some of your threads that you use words that can be 'interpreted' as hostile or derogatory. I dont seriously think it was directed at the group, but rather a symptom of your own acceptance, or lack there of.

Dont worry, many of us have experienced the same feelings. Its all in how you deal with it. I too lived in shame for many decades of what I at the time felt was deviant and perverted. Since meeting some wonderful local gals, and coming to this forum, I have learned that it is anything but! I am PROUD of who I am!! I am unique! I am special! I am worthy of love, and I love myself!

Have you read Bevs' wonderful post about being attractive to women, and it being all about self acceptance and confidence? I whole heatedly recommend it! http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112430 For me, I found that once I did, not only did my attitude improve about myself, but I also found that people were WAY more responsive to me, and both sides of my life improved. I have many friends that love Eve, and accept her for who she is, once I learned to do that myself.

This is something we all must deal with, if we write posts to open forums. I try to put myself in the mind space of those who may be reading this, and to determine if in some way it might be interpreted as negative or judgmental. Now, what is also true, is you can never please everyone all the time. There will always be someone who takes offense to something... But I find it helpful to try and re-read my posts before submitting, to determine if I am coming off in this way.

Kate, you've come a long way from those original posts. I remember how negative they were, mainly towards yourself. Have you thought about going back and reading some of what you have written in the past, as a method to reflect on where you've been, and how far your come? It may help put some perspective on things for you.

Again, I am not trying to come down on you. I am not trying to bash you. I truly believe that these are unintentional consequences of your feelings towards yourself. But I may be totally off base. Thats for you to decide. I am just trying to help you to see why some have interpreted your comments in the way that they have.

Another axiom, and its totally true, 'You cant get love and acceptance from others, until you love and accept yourself'.

Just some food for thought.

Eve

AlannahNorth
07-31-2009, 10:15 PM
I think I understand where you're coming from. Simply put, I've never been 'one of the guys' but if you met me out there, you would never guess that crossdressing was my 'hobby'. I'm in construction, and I have been all my life. Some of the work I've done, a lot of guys wouldn't dream of doing (like extreme heights). On the other hand, in sports I've done nothing spectacular - but then I was never really interested in team sports. Running, archery, shooting, hunting - MY kind of sports. Fast cars - no - but I do like airplanes.

Everyone is a bit different - and that's a good thing if you ask me.

Crysten
07-31-2009, 10:17 PM
I guess in my mind, "sports" (as they are traditionally known), seem to be weak. "Fake excitement". Like an amusement park. Climbing (see above post) requires an intensity, focus, dedication, depth of knowledge, and the highest levels of physical fitness.

And if you fail, you don't "lose the game". Generally, you die. To me, this is REAL. Doesn't get realer. There's no "having a bad game". You always have to get a goal, you always have to bat 1000. You always have to win, because failure isn't an option. Also, you have to know your limits, and above all, know when to back off. And knowing when to back off is also win, because survival is win.

Sports don't cut it for me. Not macho at all, fake macho at best. I laugh when I see these multi-millionaire baseball players whining becuase they cut themselves shaving or something and are sitting out 10 games. Sports? Whatever.

Crysten

Harley
07-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Yes I am a Man, Dude, Biker, Husband and a crossdresser. Have 50+ trophies from the BMX days, motocross racer when I first dated my wife. Many awards for bike games on the HOG. Golf whenever we are not riding the heavist Harley ever built, and most expensive at the time. Diesel mechanic to make the money for 2 sets of cloths. Tatoos, yes, beard, yes. A mans man to the neighbors, even when I am wearing panties.

Eve_WA
07-31-2009, 10:56 PM
So now to answer your original question....

I have never liked sports or the emphasis that our society places on them. I feel that it is unhealthy that sports figures are placed on pedestals, when doctors, teachers, and engineers, who make our society WORK get very little. I oppose the billions that are spent on the industry, when important things, things that affect everyone in all walks of life are tossed crumbs, like NASA or college professors.

Now aside from that, when I am a man, I'm a man, and engage in manly things. I was a mechanic. I like working on cars and other mechanical things. I like solving problems. I like to build things, fix things, and create things. I weld and work metal. (as Tim Allen once said on Tool Time to his oldest son, 'You are now a man! You've cut metal with Fire! RRRrrrrrRRRrrrRRRrrrrrr!!!') I like to hop up cars and engines and get the most out of them. I ride motorcycles, I have done some racing, And in general, most would never suspect my frilly side!

But conversely, I also love to paint, to create, to design and make jewelry. I am an artist, and love the use of color, texture, shape and form. And still in male mode. Its all balance, Yin and Yang. I embrace all that makes me, ME! I figure that I am the conglomeration of all my experiences (good and bad) and that is what makes me ME, and special! Sure there are things in my past I would rather not have occurred. But I would not change any if I could, as I love the person that I have become as a result.

Eve

carolynn2fem
08-01-2009, 04:32 AM
I knew thew was a reason I like You. that sounds like me. Mr fix it.:hugs:

Sarah-RT
08-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Im 90% Dude.

Ive a wall of guns, 1 million war DVDs lol, I play the xbox ( Shooters ) I play football, im waiting to be recruited into the army, i love fighting my friends.

and then in the evenings in my alone time i like to wear dresses :D

Piora
08-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Crossdressing is just a fault I am too drawn into to quit.
I cannot agree that it is a "fault". It might be a 'guilty pleasure' or a 'fetish' for me, but I don't look at it as a 'fault'. A fault is: losing your temper easily, or being lazy. You can't look at CD in a negative way like that, or the guilt will kick in hard. I know, because that has happened to me before. Then you purge and swear off Dressing ever again.

Here's another term that I have trouble with. "Sissy". I have seen members refer to themselves and others in this way, but I have a real problem with it. For me, a "sissy" was someone who was spineless, gutless, afraid of the dark, cowardly - that sort of thing. I don't think it's a particularly wonderful term to use for CDs. Because when we're not dressed, we're MEN for Heaven's sake. Most of us do manly things, and have the kind of jobs that men tend to have . We behave like men, and for me at least, other than the occasional fantasy of how I feel Dressed, I will always be a man. I think that many of us have just had a bit of an extra helping of something of a chemical nature in our systems that make us want to CD. But it will never take over my life.

Jin Xer
08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Seems you see disparity when there really isn't any. I don't believe there are dude-only or girl-only activities. Only social mores promulgated by the prejudice of intolerant people. :2c:

Be yourself. Just don't expect others to be. :hugs:

Didn't mean you were intolerant, Kate or you were expecting others to be like you.

My motto is to be myself and not expect others to be like me. Anywho... :o

lee in a skirt
08-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Im a dude too. Even when im dressed up im still a dude i still feel and act like a dude. I regularly work out on the wii or in my gym wearing a tutu or summat its just fun lol. I also go and do boxing and stuff completly in male clothes so i do both.

mklinden2010
08-03-2009, 10:12 AM
My GG sisters would take you to task for your, "dude-ness."

There's nothing about riding bikes, or, many other activities, that are exclusively and definitively male or female.

Wake up and feel the N.O.W. stick hitting you on the head!

Barbara918
08-03-2009, 10:21 AM
All dude, all the time. Putting on a bra & pantyhose & all else doesnt change that.

victoriamwilliams1
08-03-2009, 10:32 AM

I am sending you my response in a private message! However I did understand the question.

aggi123
08-03-2009, 10:48 AM
i'm a kinda dude? (well, not when i'm dressed =P)

I'm really into watching a lot of sports. I love MLB and have grown to really enjoy NFL. Favorite teams are the Rays and Ravens. My job is to catch shoplifters at a grocery store and if need be, take them down >:O

But there are women that do it better than me.

Tommie T.
08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Am I a dude,nope,a man when I'm not enfemme.A Marine,viet nam vet,shoot rifle and shotgun competively,a belt in karate,worked construction,climbed mountains,spit chew and scratch my b***s sometimes,But when I'm dressed which is a lot I am a tomgirl and love it.I can shoot well in a skirt too by the way.

Hali
08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh ma gawd just listen to this.............................

I don't want this. I did not ask or choose to be this way. I tried so hard to be a boy, but look at me. Look at my skin, touch my hands, smell my hair, I'm not like any boy you've ever known.

Kiss me.

-Misty[/QUOTE]
...................................thats so sweet.

Kisses to u Misty

skirtsuit
08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Hello?
I hope this doesn't come as a suprise to anyone, but it's the 21st Century, get over your gender biases!

Do you really think that what you do as a man makes you somehow more of one? Maybe you're such a dinosaur that you think male nurses must be gay and female mechanics must be butch lesbians?

GET OVER IT!

All the Best,
SS / Ann

Ms Mira
08-03-2009, 02:34 PM
My interests are mostly on the dude side. I'm a huge sports fan (though I don't get to play much these days), play video-games, play poker, know way too much about music and generally have the same desires as men. At the same time, I'm not the most manly-man or A-type male either; not sure if that personality trait is linked to me being a CD, but it's not really been my desire to be seen as the most A-type male.

Also: I may like to crossdress, but I'm far, far more likely to laugh at chick flicks then to sympathize, and more typically feminine activities don't really interest me all that much.

tricia_uktv
08-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Ha- ha, this literally happened yesterday. I went into a straight pub dressed to watch the cricket. England are playing Australia for the Ashes for American and Canadian girls. There were half a dozen young lads watching with me. So I start off as the dum tranny who knows nothing about cricket and cranked up my observations as time went by (I nearly played professionally). After about half an hour they suddenly realised I knew ten times as much about it as they did. They were great sports though (as was I) and we had a real laugh about it. It ended up with me explaining to them what was going on.

Life is fun!

Erica K.
08-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't know about being a "dude", I wouldn't consider myself an alpha male. I'm pretty far from it. I do spin a lot of fire (and aquire burn scars if I've had more than a few drinks), mosh it up at metal shows, and lean towards the poop & fart humor. But I am pretty femme as well, my roommate pointed out I'm more girly than her (she hates heels & hose) before I told her about my CDing. I get confused as a tough guy by some, but am considered one of the girls by others.

Vickii*
08-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I was never an alpha male, I was never into sports, but I do have a male personality. I like being a guy. My passion is music, and I typically listen to masculine music (lots of alt and nu metal), and genderless music (tons of electronic music). I play lots of instruments and program music too, as a guy, I feel intelligent and opinionated, as a girl I just feel giddy and feminine. As a guy, my humor is offensive, I'm kind of a pig sometimes, and I love it.

TxCassie
08-03-2009, 06:28 PM
While I understand the words and tone of your post, I also understand why some may find offense or at least put off by it.

We come to this board to be with others like ourselves, to escape the usual trappings of being physically one gender but do dress and relate to the opposite gender in every degree. So, when you see words like "sissy", "dude", or "what do you dude things do you do". It kind of puts alot of us off because most of us have fought the ideal of our femme side being a "fault" or "defect in character" as many non-dressers may view us.

I think you will find many girls here being 'real dudes" in their male roles. Many who engage in very traditional masculine pursuits, jobs, and worlds. I, myself was never a Macho, Alpha Male but I've found being such a man does not prevent, exclude, or protect any Man from being transgender and being the woman he knows he has inside himself. I live a fairly masculine life for the most part and I work in a very male dominated profession where dressing is not accepted in any way, shape, or form. Many of my sisters who have decided to go through with their transitions have been through sheer haties on earth. But I know we are here, I am here and there are others.

We're dudes when we are dudes, and we're wonderful feminine women when we are en femme. It's a state of mind and a state of being.

Veronica Nowakowski
08-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I am a dude too. I go through most of my time as a man, I have no regret to my male side, and try to let my female side out through this. I don't know what reassurances you're looking for, but whether others are like you in the way you crossdress shouldn't matter, it should be about who you, yourself, are.

docrobbysherry
08-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I try to look like the prettiest young woman I can. Because it TURNS ME ON!:o

So, does that make me a Dude, or a Dudess? Hey! Can I be BOTH?:brolleyes:

picone07
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I do like guy things when in guy mode but when in girl mode...I am total girly girl!

Kate Lynn
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I try to look like the prettiest young woman I can. Because it TURNS ME ON!:o

So, does that make me a Dude, or a Dudess? Hey! Can I be BOTH?:brolleyes:

Dudette.

Misty is Kindafem
08-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Oh ma gawd just listen to this.............................

Kiss me.

-Misty
...................................thats so sweet.

Kisses to u Misty[/QUOTE]

Thank you gorgeous.

Dannigirl
08-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I am totally a guy when not dressed. Love hockey, mountain bike racing and motocross, hmmm wait a minute, ladies are all playing these sports now as well ! Maybe I'm not the guy I thought I was :o) Oh well, I'll just have to continue wearing a bra and panties until all the other guys catch on to how much fun that is as well.

Kimmie
08-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Occassionally act obnoxious. Hows that for not being a pussy?

JaytoJillian
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I drink, burp, fight, swear and scratch like a dude. I'm a total jock who will try to kill you on any playing field. I'm a gearhead who likes sweating over a hot engine. But I'm also competitive when en femme; seeing all of the attractive people on this site inspires me to work a little harder. Expressing my femme side provides a pressure valve for the stuff that goes on in 98 percent of my life

joselyn318
08-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I used to play ice hockey back in high school. I was on my undergrad's crew team my freshman year. I still run long distance and usually run at least one marathon a year. I am also a huge college football and ice hockey and NHL fan (Go Blue and Red Wings!).

PrincessTia
08-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I am a dude when in drab, which is most of the time. I drink beer, watch sports, and even fight heavy stick in a renaissance fighting organization.

I wear panties and occasionally dress up because I love the look and feel of women's things, and because I love to see myself all made up and girly. Doesn't change the fact that I'm a dude.

Tia

Roxy Reid
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Was just wondering this because in general I am quite a masculine guy, I am a heavyweight boxer and all my guy friends are real lad's lads if you know what I mean. But I love so much to be a girl att other times. I was wondering how common it is to fully enjoy both sides because the whole mach thing isn't like a cover up for me its just another part of who I am. Feel like I'm living some crazy double life!

Barbara Dugan
08-10-2009, 06:01 PM
while I dont consider myself very much macho I am still masculine enough and yes I enjoy both sides of my personality :hugs:

mklinden2010
08-10-2009, 06:06 PM
It's not how you look, it's what you do with how you look...

My four sisters (GG) would absolutely want to go ten rounds with you on the notion that men and women are all that different.

It's like arguing that Ford drivers are very different from Chevy drivers.

We all travel through life in some body or another, but we're not really all that different as thinking and feeling souls.

I keep reading about "feminine" crossdressers on this site... Frankly, my sisters puke at the thought.

"Feminine" women to them are either play-acting for a reason, or, sadly delusional about who and what they are.

You can imagine then, how they feel about "feminine" crossdressers.

If you ain't up to something useful, you ain't up to nothin' at all.

Woman up.

joann07
08-10-2009, 06:09 PM
My guy side is relatively macho. Although I'm not into the gym thing, or working out, I like to doing the typical guy things, such as playing and watching sports (i.e, football, basketball, etc.), collecting guns and various militaria, driving my 2 sports cars (Stang GT, 350Z), collecting comics, and eating at of my favorite restaurants (i.e. Hooters).

Like you, I enjoy having the best of both worlds.
When in femme, I like the occasional friendly honk I get from the guys checking me out while driving in my cars. It's soo cool. :cool:
I enjoy doing the girly things, especially shopping, dancing, and dining out. I just love to dance when I hear music.
As a guy, I like dancing too, but I won't dance by myself because if I do, I'm pretty much a loser. However, as a girl, it's all good. :)

Hugs!

Veronica Nowakowski
08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I am not macho, I never have been, never been into cars, sports, etc. Though, despite this, I had been told by several psychic sensitive people that my masculine energies were way over the top.

CharlotteW
08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Most of the people I know think I'm as 'ard as nails.

Susan.
08-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I used to be relatively macho, high school football, the Marine Corps. Nowadays, not so much.

SherriePall
08-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I guess I am. I mean when I sprang all this on my wife about 10 years ago, she couldn't believe it. I'm not as macho as I used to be, but then I am a bit older than I was. Although, I still find myself terribly competitive when playing sports and games.

MonikaW
08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't think I would be considered particularly macho. I have no interest in most of the "macho" pursuits.

I don't care for sports. My friends find is amusing that I am one of the few people they know who actively avoids watching the Super Bowl or the Olympics.

I enjoy movies, but not the Hollywood action packed blockbusters. Those usually bore me to tears. I like films with strong character development.

I'm into the arts and music. Music is very important to me. I mostly listen to classical music, and have a large music library. I used to play the piano, but I never have time for it any more though I did have about 10 years of classical piano training. I also enjoy attending live performances and have season tickets to the opera.

skirtsuit
08-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Not this again.

The 'two sides' you see of your personality are mearly old-fashioned gender biases!

Wake up, it's the 21st Century!

All the Best,
SS / Ann

Mmmatt
08-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I consider myself a bit macho in boy mode. I was training in Muay Thai for a while until I messed up my shoulders. Can't wait to get back to it. Weight lifting too. The tough part is balancing it with my feminine side.

Joann, what comics do you collect? I've been getting back into it recently.

RADER
08-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Been thier myself, I am a big guy, 6'3'' and close to a size 28. Hard to find
clothes, exspecality off the rack. Lane bryant, Romans,etc is the place for
me. That brings up going out; I can not believe thier is any way I could pass
as a real girl. So its in house only. I do ware Panties 24/7, And in the winter
a bra and panty-hose when I can cover up with heave male clothing.
And letting my outher mail friends know, I am a retired conatruction worker,
need I say more. Good luck, and I know where you are comming from. :o

Sheila
08-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Debs's punch has recently been judged to be over the three ton mark :eek: glad she likes me :)

linnea
08-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I guess that it depends on what you mean by "macho." I find a lot of so-called macho behavior and attitude disgusting (spitting, tasteless jokes, excessive alcohol, fighting, taking a mindless interest in sports, cars, and NASCAR, etc.).
However, if you're talking about participation in traditional male activities, I was a Little All-American lineman in college, a champion wrestler in high school and a stand-out athlete in football and track. I have hiked solo on most of the trails in the central and north Cascades and the Olympic mountains, climbed the five major peaks in Washington State, driven sixteen wheelers and worked at the hardest jobs in a sawmill. I was a power-lifter for several years and had a combined lift weight (dead-lift, bench press, squat) of 1703 pounds in competition.
I don't smoke or chew tobacco, I drink occasionally, I don't belittle women but treat them with respect and admiration, and I don't care for NASCAR.
And whenever possible, I crossdress and love it.

ILV2DRESS
08-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I am very macho in guy mode. I drive a tractor trailer for a living, I collect old cars, workout like crazy, play softball every week, my personal vehicle is a jacked up chevy 4wd so i would say i am a little macho haha But I still love lingerie go figure

Maxi
08-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I look like the macho type, I have a crew of men who work under me, and I am well respected by them. If only they knew the real me. I get paid to be the tough guy, outside of work, I like the softer things in life. Of course I do like my trucks.

Leslie Langford
08-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Does running 3 manufacturing plants with a total of approx. 400 employees and 9 direct reports - at least up until the current recession caught up with me - count? Being the Big Kahuna had its perks while it lasted, but this forced early retirement ain't too bad either, considering all the extra "Leslie" time I now have. Wonder what my former employees would have thought, had they known how the Boss spent his free time? Especially those big, tough union guys I occasionally had to lock horns with :heehee:.

Then again, we all know what a great stress relievers crossdressing (and shopping for female clothing) are, and the extensive wardrobe that I assembled over the years in many ways proved to be directly proportional to the stress which that high-level job used to saddle me with. Expensive "hobby", yes, but much less damaging to the body than extreme drinking, smoking, and/or doing drugs. So, all in all, I'm grateful that crossdressing - despite all of the other challenges that it presented me with all my life - at least provided me with a safety valve that allowed me not to fall victim to those other temptations.

Aside from that, I'm also very handy around the house and can install/repair/ modify most anything with the exception of doing a professional job of drywall installation, plastering, and painting streak-free ceilings :D. For some reason, these are skills that involve a certain finesse which I have been unable to master so far :doh::eek:.

I also like fast cars and have accumulated more than my fair share of speeding tickets which attest to my need for speed. As my daughter once famously quipped: "Dad, driving with you is like being in a video game." So no "chick" car (Smart car, new Beetle, Miata, MINI, Corolla etc.) for this lil' ol' lady from Pasadena wannabe ;-).

sheidelmeidel
08-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I have to agree with Anne. I have to wonder about you sometimes Kate. I do not consider crossdressing a "fault" as you feel it is. It is unfortunate that you have not yet learned to accept this part of yourself. I hope you will eventually change your way of how you feel about yourself.

I don't see any hostility in that post. There is no contradiction between saying it's a fault and acceptance of yourself - why can't we accept our own faults? If we accept the faults of others why should we be any worse to ourselves.

Emmalee_Summers
08-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I did "dude" things as a kid i still play airsoft with my friends and i have tons of hobbies(gaming of all kinds, RC car racing, real cars, etc). but deep down i have always wanted to do girl things. I felt like that since i was a kid.

Rogina B
08-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Some rednecks may go noodling for Catfish in the river,but Catfish have no real teeth. I am so macho that I noodle for Blacktip sharks with my "boy toy". Yes, when I see bait off the beach,I wade in,hang it out,and wait for a bite! Top that,bike riders.