PDA

View Full Version : Wearing tights during workouts in public

cdinmd206
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Just got back from doing a walk/jog on thread mill at the hotel I am staying at. When ever I am doing a walk, run or just a work out, I normally wear a pair of Haines black tights under my shorts and T-shirt. I am usually a stocking and garters type of gurl, but when running or exercising I love the way the tights feel on my legs.
I was just wondering if anyone else wears tights under their shorts when they exercise in public?

JoanAz
07-29-2009, 11:24 PM
There is aBicycle/ Jogging pathe here around the island , Lake Havasu Az.
I have gone in guy mode with leggs sheer to the waist and verry short shorts,
Feels wonderfull.....
:thumbsup:

Rogina B
07-30-2009, 07:41 AM
I always wear tights for rollerblading and thigh socks over in the cooler weather.Who cares what anyone else thinks,anyway?Wear what you want to and look good.

sissystephanie
07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
I wear tights in the cooler weather here in Georgia, whether I am going to the Y or just walking around my neighborhood! I love the feel of them under my short shorts or my skort!:)

pattyv
07-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Perdonally I do not, but a lot of guys at our running club wear tights under their running shorts in the winter months, and no one really cares.

Granny Gray
07-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm too old to run, but I walk (quick step) 2 mi every day. I have several of the little skirts girl pro tennis players, pro golfers, and cheerleaders wear.... the ones with hems at the crotch and matching tights built in.... one of those, walking shoes, T-shirt, and of course, my "hair hat" is standard regime when I'm doing my immitation of a work out ever morning before sunrise in summer. It's too bloody hot after sol comes for the day long visit. In winter (ours are mild), I wear the same kind of skirt, a sweat shirt... and on really nippy days (around freezing), I add a pair of pantyhose... :battingeyelashes:

Nicole Erin
07-30-2009, 03:38 PM
often I wear hose with shorts when I go out walkking or running

Rachel Morley
07-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else wears tights under their shorts when they exercise in public?I do ..... and I'm assuming you do it when you're in boy mode like I do. However, I want to tell you that my shorts are also black and they are women's ones, also they are quite short and loose in their style and look a little bit like a little black skirt at first glance. When I wear them with my black tights and I'm walking or jogging in the park I sometimes get a few stares :heehee: The last time this happened was about a month ago. I was fast walking and as I approached two GGs on the sidewalk they both looked at my shorts and tights and then looked at each other and smiled in suppressed laughter :)

Nicole Erin
07-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I want to tell you that my shorts are also black and they are women's ones, also they are quite short and loose in their style and look a little bit like a little black skirt at first glance. ...I approached two GGs on the sidewalk they both looked at my shorts and tights and then looked at each other and smiled in suppressed laughter :)

Don't make me break out my black shorts that look more like a mini skirt!

cdinmd206
07-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow thanks for all the replys. Maybe I will be able to keep up with my exercise and lose all this weight I gained after my operations. Oh to get back into those little skirts and show of again.

sissystephanie
07-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm too old to run, but I walk (quick step) 2 mi every day. I have several of the little skirts girl pro tennis players, pro golfers, and cheerleaders wear.... the ones with hems at the crotch and matching tights built in.... one of those, walking shoes, T-shirt, and of course, my "hair hat" is standard regime when I'm doing my immitation of a work out ever morning before sunrise in summer. It's too bloody hot after sol comes for the day long visit. In winter (ours are mild), I wear the same kind of skirt, a sweat shirt... and on really nippy days (around freezing), I add a pair of pantyhose... :battingeyelashes:

Those are call "skorts" and I own about 15 of them, all different colors! Wear them a lot when I don't want to wear a regular skirt! Sometimes with contrasting tights under them.

BTW, at what age are you too old to run? I am 77, and until my doctor told me to stop last year I was running at least a mile plus every day. Not sprinting of course, but running! Oh, the reason I had to stop! I was tearing up my right knee, which was already not too good from all the running I did in 4 years of High School. Mile and Half Mile in the Spring and Cross Country in the Fall. BTW, I was already a Cross Dresser, so the Cross Country was a natural!:D

lee in a skirt
08-03-2009, 09:16 AM
I once went to the gym with tights on under my shorts no one noticed but it was still scary because I thought id get caught

PetiteDuality
08-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I will run a marathon during fall, and it's going to be cold. At hometown it's never cooler than 60 Fahrenheit, so I need extra coverage, and I was thinking about getting full length tights.

What do GG think about men in tight? Is it like "eew, he's wearing tights" or what?

Of course, I was also thinking about shaving legs. But shaving legs and wearing tights is too much.

BTW, I'm married and my wife doesn't know.

My brain says "there should be no problem. Many guys do". But my guts are a bit nervous about it.

I guess that we CDs are too much self conscious about things like that and what everybody else is going to think.

Most people don't even think about crossdressing. This is our obsession, but not most people's.

They might think that it's weird, exhibitionist, queer, metrosexual or narcissistic much before thinking "hey, this guy is a crossdresser", if it's that they even notice or object.

Phyliss
08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I used to hate going to the gym, but as more weight "went away" I began to like it and now that I've gotten more comfortable with myself, I'm actually having fun.

I don't normally wear shorts, ( never have really liked them, even as a boy ). I wear "work out" pants from Champion ( ladies of course ) and under them I'll wear a pair of compression stockings, which helps my legs quite well.

Normal gym attire is the comp. stockings, a thigh shaper from Barely There which looks for all the world like a pair of compression shorts and my spandex pants. A sports bra covered by a baggy sweat shirt and what hair I have in a pony tail, as high as I can get it.

At 5 a.m. nobody is too awake to notice anything but which machine they're on. They're either reading a book on the treadmill, watching one of the TVs, or grooving on their Ipod.

brittdoll
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Ummm.........No - This is just not something that would seem too comfortable to me.

joselyn318
08-04-2009, 06:29 AM
I wear running tights all the time. I started wearing them in high school during the colder months of the cross country season. Everyone on my cross country team wore them. It is basically a requirement to wear running tights to run outside during the months of December to February in Michigan.

jeanine38
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't wear tights, but a fair amount of my cycling clothing is women's, and I almost always wear a sports bra when I'm cycling. This is easier in the winter, but doable in the summer with the right jersey/bra combination.

Nicole Erin
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Some TG worry about wearing hose or tights with shorts.
The truth is, no one notices or at least they don't say anything.

I used to never think much about wearing hose with shorts until my sister said it is not fashionable.

But as far as people really noticing, heh, as if.