PDA

View Full Version : Anita's in Houston

Sometimes Steffi
07-30-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm going to be in Houston next week and I heard about Anita's Bar and grill as a CD friendly place with drag shows. Does anyone know about this place? Is it still open? Is ther area safe for someone traveling alone? Do they still do drag shows?

mklinden2010
07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
http://www.yelp.com/biz/anitas-bar-and-grill-houston

AllieSummers
07-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I have been there many times. It is a great place. They don't do traditional drag shows on a stage but have go-go girls that dance around the tables.

I would give them a call. I don't think they are permanently closed. They did close for a while for rennovation. I think they might be open again.

2409 Grant St, Houston

Apparently I can't post a phone number so you'll need to Google it...go into google and type "Anita's Houston". You'll see a list at the top with a map. Anita's is "A". The phone number is on there.

Sorry, I didn't know that I can't post the phone number of a business.

Allie

battybattybats
07-30-2009, 09:48 PM
The other day the Mayor of Houston declared it Trans Center Day in honour of the anniversary of the cities Trans Centre!

http://advocate.com/news_detail_ektid102084.asp

The Transgender Center, one of the first of its kind in the country, has become a face for the trans community beyond Houston, advancing trans causes and issues in the state. It offers many services for trans people including support groups, workshops, health care, housing referrals, and community events.

So while your there maybe you might like to look up the transgender centre? I wonder if the stuff in the archives mentioned is on display there?

The center also houses an archive including transgender artifacts from the Roman Empire, rare books and magazines from Europe and Africa, and 17th- and 18th-century antiquities from the Far East. Pop-culture memorabilia are also housed in the archives with ephemera from international trans movies, autographed books by writers such as Gore Vidal and Quentin Crisp, and photos of actors from critically acclaimed films like Transamerica and Boys Don’t Cry.

KandisTX
07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
**here is the comment I posted on that site**

This is a great thing for Houston and the transgender community. While Bill White has been a great advocate for the GLBT of Houston, his management of the rest of the city is down the toilet. Take a look at the current state of this cities Police and Fire departments. Bill White needs to go.

Kandis:love::rose2: