PDA

View Full Version : Long time away from short skirts ...

Petra Bellejambes
07-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Hi friends. Have not posted for a while, not having dressed for about 4 months. My drabbatical came to an end yesterday. I dressed and went a little bloggity about it too. Link to article here (http://voyagesenrose.blogspot.com/2009/07/fashion-crimes-of-opportunity.html) on Voyages en Rose.

I mention it here because I am sure that all of us have wondered when dormant urges will come back, and worry a little about their force. Some of us :). Full post here ... Happy endings, beginnings, etc.

Most of us delirious with or afflicted by desires to cross dress as we are know that there really is no telling when tides will wash over walls, and even less telling the tides what to do, when they do.

Well my own dressing tide went out in early March. No trauma, just an absence of appetite for the surface elements of dressing.

During this easy, untroubled summer Drabbatical I have spent time cultivating friends, learning from them, and have kept up on my reading. Lots of thinking time too. Activity of the interior, investigation of the mind, and none of the decorating of the exterior.

As I grow a little older, the interior feels more important, and needs more catering. I feel now that recent time has been time well spent. I feel now as though I understand my whole self better then I ever have.

I believe as well that by catering to my interior, and by trying to better understand cross dressing and related issues, that I likely forestalled a bigger, less predictable and more dangerous eruption of need at some unpredictable moment in the future.

The future in my case began today.

Mrs. B has an out of town engagement. I am up to date on the couple of projects that I am running just now. And the urge pulled. Pulled me all the way up to the attic in fact to retrieve parts of my feminine exterior.

I am dressed just now as I write this, and want to tell you that I feel wonderful. I have not forgotten how to walk in perilously high and provocatively pointed pumps. A rather sedate, knee length sheath dress falls well, flatters and feels comfortable. My elbows have returned quite naturally to my sides, and my back is straight as I type. I feel calm and special. I do not feel excited or freakish. These are two extremes that many of us have felt, and are two extremes which really don’t do one any good.

And so, I feel good, and wanted to share that with you.

Cheers - Petra

Jeanne Hamilton
07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
My dormant phases are imposed by my wife's schedule. I am about to enter another now, but am anxiously waiting for it to end. The release of urges at the end of a dormant phase is the begining of a liberating experience.