PDA

View Full Version : wow what a compliment

sarahNZ
07-30-2009, 08:09 AM
As you know I am in the middle of coming out myself, and just had my first girly day (shopping for a new outfit or two followed by lots of makeup and a new wig :D ) with one of the ladys that I work with who is really excited for me and taken me under her wing as a little sister. what a wonderfull feeling to be accepted as Sarah in front of others!

I have taken a page out of the book of happyness and decided to put it all out there and cut the losses (people that will only drag me down), so I decided to ask my mother one more time if she can accept me, or at least try to... I asked her to have a look at this site and one other site (by one of our own happy to indulge and inform of the CD life style) to which mum agreed that she can have a look, as it may help her to make sence of it with others (GG and family) that are going through it all as well.

While luck seemed to be going my way I asked if I could show her (mum) some pictures of Sarah so she can see that this is not just a half hearted thing, and that I am striving for a nice natural look in my dressing (not a excuse the word "****ty" look) hoping that if she sees this she may be more open to it. Once again the answer was "yes" so of course I was over the moon with this, not to mention still buzzing from my day out as Sarah.(I will show you the pic taken of the outfit and all at a later time when I get the pic from my GG friend, and you will see for your self the ear to ear smile that it put on my face:D:battingeyelashes::D)

I have asked mum if she can to critique my look, and a few hour later I was emailed a reply that she will critique the pictures in a few days when she has a few more hours to herself, but made one comment, or was it more of a question I'm not really sure, but it was to ask if I have had a boob job since the last time I saw her. (I guess mum looked at my avitar picture, which is one of the pics that I sent her)

What can I say to that???

What a compliment, and coming from a woman that has said in the past that she could "never" accept Sarah as a part of me. Of course I had to tell her that I have not had one (boob job) but all the same... to be asked is just as good as telling me that I have got the breast and cleavage apearance bang on... could this week get any better? Oh heck that's right it did... I got my ears pierced too! :D

swiss_susan
07-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Sarah,

A lovely story. Thanks for sharing. I hope things contiinue to progress for you.

Kathi Lake
07-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Sarah,

Don't be nervous. Your mother loves you more than anything. At their heart, they want their children to be happy. Although she may not embrace your lifestyle choices fully, she will not love you any less. Give her time. It's quite a shock to put away all you know about your son and accept a new "daughter."

Kathi

Christina Horton
07-30-2009, 11:03 AM
WOW I am so happy for you, That's so great. Just remember to let her set the pace at how fast she want to go. My mom will never except Christina and I am so jealous of you and happy at the same time. You have fun and be prepared to hear her say you still look like her little boy she can see through the makeup hair BOOBS etc. Give her a great big hug from all of us.

Your so lucky hun.

Melissa Rose
07-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Sarah,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. You must still be smiling. It will take time, but it looks like your mom will eventually embrace Sarah with love and understanding.

Miranda09
07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Good for you Sarah. Looks like things are progressing nicely for you and your mom is trying her best to acclimate (so to speak). Can't wait to see your new pics.. :)

Mya Summers
07-30-2009, 12:02 PM
It sound's like your mother had a change of heart and is willing to accept you, and that's GREAT. I hope that everything goes well. :)

Saika
07-30-2009, 07:37 PM
awww, sweetie thats great news.

:hugs:

Sophie Lynne
07-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Such wonderful news! Your story shows that there IS hope!

Teri Jean
07-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Sarah my heart goes out to you and I think you handled this really well. Keep talking and more importantly listen to her. You still have to be yorself but if she sees that you care about her to it may go much better. keep us informed and by all means have fun.

Teri

gennee
07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Tank you for sharing your wonderful story, Sarah. Your mom will come around I believe. Took my wife a while to accept Gennee.

Gennee
:battingeyelashes::hugs:

Kate17
07-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Terriffic story Sarah - Thanks for sharing.

sarahNZ
07-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Give her a great big hug from all of us.

Your so lucky hun.

you better believe it sister! :hugs:

Jilmac
07-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Good for you Sarah! It seems like you're making some real progress. No more baby steps for you, from now on it's leaps and bounds.:yippee: