PDA

View Full Version : "You have a twin"

windycissy
07-30-2009, 06:20 PM
I was at Macy's today, pawing through the racks when a voice behind me said, "Excuse me." I turned around and an elderly lady said "Sheila?" When I shook my head no, she exclaimed "You have a twin!" All I could do was smile and say "How funny!" and we both laughed. I'm sure Sheila wouldn't be thrilled to know she was mistaken for one of us, but it made my [-]day[/-] [-]week[/-] year! Does anybody else have a GG twin?

Christina Horton
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Not me that I know of but I would be so sad for a girl whom looks like Christina. LOL:heehee: I have about 12 guys that looks like me that I know of. about 4 that are dead ringers to me where I had to show the person who was telling me not to joke around my drivers license and show them I was not the person they thought I was. But it would be neat though.

dilane
07-30-2009, 07:11 PM
A very good TS friend said that a waitress at a restaurant she frequented was the spitting image of me, same height, very close facial match, but she was 10-15 lbs lighter.

A former editor of Glamour magazine was also a *very* close face match (no she was not stunningly beautiful, but a powerhouse in magazine circles). I have a clipping of her picture, and it's pretty amazing to almost see yourself.

-- Diane

insearchofme
07-30-2009, 07:22 PM
I have a male twin, we're fraternal. However when dressed I look a lot like my sister, the poor thing.

gennee
07-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Two of me!!! One's enough. :D

Gennee

battybattybats
07-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I have at least two male 'doubles'. One, an artist whose art-magazine-published self portrait stunned a lot of people in my art course who suspected me of having done it as an alias appears to be a VERY distant relative going by surname (more than 5 generations back my ancestors married someone from the scottish clan which their surname appears to be developed from but with changed spelling.. so pretty darn distant) and there could be more than that unless the one is used to get confused with happened to be down the coast at the same time I was.

I wonder if they too are CD's :)

sandra-leigh
07-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Let me put it this way:

My mother was showing someone some of the family pictures. For one of the pictures, the woman asked my mother, "Who is that sitting beside you in the picture?", pointing to indicate she was asking about my sister. Except it wasn't my mother and my sister, it was me and my sister.

So my "twin" is my mother -- at least when I'm feeling tired.

(Every time I look at that particular picture after a while of not having seen it, even I think it's a picture of my mother, not of me!)

Remember that saying about "If you want to know what a young woman will look like when she gets older, look at her mother." ?

Jilmac
07-30-2009, 10:29 PM
When I had my full beard and was working in the building trades, I was often asked if I worked for XYZ construction. I would answer no but wondered if the guy at XYZ was asked if he worked for my employer. So far I haven't been asked if I have a female twin, I wonder if the guy at XYZ could be her :heehee:

Alice B
07-30-2009, 10:35 PM
We all have twins. Looking forward to meeting mine.

Persephone
07-31-2009, 01:33 AM
Had a guy who only knew me en drab at a former workplace. Several times he insisted that there was a woman at his church who looked just like me. No, it wasn't me at his church, so it must have been my twin or perhaps my doppelgänger. I always felt kinda sorry for whoever she was since it meant that the poor woman looked like me en drab.

Annie D
07-31-2009, 10:06 AM
No I don't have a twin but the first time I dressed for my wife, she exclaimed, "Oh my god, you look just like your sister!" My reply was, "Ok, I'll go back and put on more make up."

sherryleigh
07-31-2009, 10:20 AM
I might have several considering how often people confuse me with someone else. On the other hand people sitting next to me at bars, clerks, sale-people and others have called me Miss or other wise mistaken me for a GG! :) Maybe it's my long hair or thin body or some combination of both, I act surprised or embarassed but inside, if they only knew! :)
Sherry

Sue-gg-cd lover
07-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Christina W - actually I have a girlfriend that looks very very much like you ... your main profile pic... it was too funny actually.. I thought "OMG, I can't believe Lynda is on here , I didn't know she had a profile here and I wonder why" ... lol

Cary
07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
I have a Identical male twin. That's all.

Carole Cross
07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
When dressed I look a bit like my sister, although I am taller and a little thinner. I have better looking legs than her and own more girly clothes. :heehee:
She is quite happy in jeans and a t-shirt, I can't remember the last time I saw her wearing a dress or skirt.

pamela_a
07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Maybe not a twin, but last week a lady asked me if I was a female cousin of hers. When I told her no she turned and asked someone else there "don't you think we look like sisters?"

-Pam-

Christina Horton
07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Christina W - actually I have a girlfriend that looks very very much like you ... your main profile pic... it was too funny actually.. I thought "OMG, I can't believe Lynda is on here , I didn't know she had a profile here and I wonder why" ... lol

You should show me a pic of her i would loe to see a female who look like me.

Does he CD that you know of?

Lady JayDee
07-31-2009, 02:15 PM
No I don't have a twin but the first time I dressed for my wife, she exclaimed, "Oh my god, you look just like your sister!" My reply was, "Ok, I'll go back and put on more make up."

This made me LOL! :D

rebecca_morris_75
07-31-2009, 02:22 PM
My wife said the same thing to me when I dressed for her the first time. We went out to a bar, and I went to the bathroom, and when I was coming back she thought that I actually was my sister for a second!

PaulaJaneThomas
07-31-2009, 02:45 PM
People keep saying they've seen me on Springwatch. I don't understand why.

Joanne f
07-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Do i have a twin,:lol2::laughing::rofl:
god forbid, it is bad enough with just the one of me :devil::devil::heehee:

Jeannie
07-31-2009, 03:39 PM
OMG! How horrible for the poor woman who looks like me. I have been told there is a policeman in my home town that looks like me. Wouldn't that be a howl if he ever arrested me while dressed.

Jeannie

PetiteDuality
07-31-2009, 05:58 PM
When I dress I kind of look like the chupacabras. Maybe that would be my twin :eek:

If a lady would look like me, she would die a virgin, that's for sure...

windycissy
07-31-2009, 06:42 PM

I have to ask: has your twin brother ever dressed up as a girl? Just curious, the old nature vs nurture thing...

Deborah Jane
07-31-2009, 06:42 PM
People keep saying they've seen me on Springwatch. I don't understand why.

You're lucky Paula, people keep saying they've seen me on Crimewatch :sad:

5150 Girl
07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
When I've had a really clean shave, on more than one occasion, someone has just glanced at me and miss took me for my mother.

Georgia Rose
08-01-2009, 06:17 AM
No twin but when dressed look very much like my mother.

windycissy
08-01-2009, 03:18 PM
No twin but when dressed look very much like my mother.

Me too, the first time I realized that I looked a lot like a picture taken of her when she was younger it really shook me...and my sister takes after our dad, go figure!

Noxvictum
08-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I have a twin sister, and both of us bear a very strong resemblance to our mom.

Melora
08-02-2009, 06:48 AM
I Know that I have about 3 twins of the male form..
Female = I am still looking = I am Sure that She is out there somewhere... I would love to meet my Dopelganger FOR SURE!!

windycissy
08-03-2009, 09:18 AM
I Know that I have about 3 twins of the male form..
Female = I am still looking = I am Sure that She is out there somewhere... I would love to meet my Dopelganger FOR SURE!!

My male twin is me as a guy :doh: but it's amazing how a good wig and a little makeup can me me as a girl look like a completely different person, at least I hope so!

DAVIDA
08-03-2009, 09:40 AM
I had a guy actually get mad because he thought I was a friend of his and didn't say anything!