PDA

View Full Version : Amazed

Daniel
07-14-2005, 08:34 PM
You may remember a previous thread or two from me about my going hairless this summer for the first time. And a previous thread or THREE from me over at another (unmoderated) forum. And a previous attack or FOUR at said forum.

Just in case you don't know, I was rather inordinately afraid of my parents so much as making a minor comment. Well, so far, so good. Since I got home from college, neither my parents, nor my sister, nor any friends at home have breathed one word about it. And I even bought a Venus razor so I could do a better job at it. Which went smoothly.

But here's what floored me today: Seems that one day, in my haste to clean up the guest room where I slept(since my room is always too hot in the summer), I pocketed one of my Venus blades. And today, I found that blade sitting on the counter in the laundry room!! Apparently my parents found it and saved it from being washed. In the pocket of MY shorts. It was OBVIOUS it was mine. AND STILL NO COMMENT!!!!!

Unbelievable. Totally unbelievable. This should have been the end for me. I've survived several close calls to getting caught dressin' red-handed, a comment from some guy at school about my legs, and my parents noticing poison ivy on my legs - which is gone now. Like a cat, I've got nine lives.

Apparently my parents have not forgotten that fateful discovery of one of my "items" two-and-a-half years ago. They know I crossdress, but don't want to talk about it. And it's seeming more and more like they don't want to scare me by commenting about hints of the crossdressing, or even my shaved legs for that matter!!

Julie
07-14-2005, 08:48 PM
A lot of parents know but, like you said, they just don't want to talk about it. You could leave literature for them to read. Who knows, they might be more comfortable when they really know what it is.

There's a lot of good articles on the Internet. Do a Google search and I'm sure you can find something that fits your situation. The biggest problem non-CDs have with crossdressing is they have skewed ideas about it that they learned from sensationalistic media or misinformed family or friends. Once you educate them about what it really is, most will change their opinions and not see it as this awful horrible thing.

Melissa A.
07-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Daniel,

It's not unbelievable, they just don't want to talk about it. They probably realise now that they aren't going to change you. I would say you should be glad they are leaving you alone, as they should, since you are 21. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, girl!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Clare
07-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Daniel, just accept the status quo as it is now. Don't try to rationalise it too much or you'll start reading things into it that aren't there.

As time goes by and you develope, your parents will probably see more signs of your crossdressing and either quietly accept it or raise the issue one day with you.

However, i would advise against overtly dressing in front of them or leaving items such as lingrie in obvious places to be found - it may a little to much for them at this point.

Otherwise, enjoy the fact that they appear to know and are not reacting adversly so far.

Christine

Wendy me
07-15-2005, 06:39 AM
ok frist off thay your parents know a lot more than you think ....recently my mom told me that she knows that i like to weare womens clouthes ...ok i am marryed (25+) have two grown sons ....i asked her how long she knew...she said lets see your 47 so abought 40 years....i thought no one knew what i was doing back at mom's house.....
mom's just know things we never thought thay would .....