PDA

View Full Version : The TG Closet (posted w/ permission)

TxKimberly
07-31-2009, 10:52 PM
(Posted with permission of the Admin)

http://tgcloset.proboards.com

I walked in to my closet the other day and was disgusted.
I have three hanger rails in there and all are stuffed to the point of exploding.
Things are no longer neat and tidy, and every thing is getting wrinkled and pressed in all of the wrong places.
On the floor I have a pile of things at least knee high that I have decided either don't fit me, or don't suit me anymore, and so I've pulled them off the racks to make room. (This is a hazard of buying things with out trying them on in the store). Some of these things I've never even worn and so I can't stand the thought of throwing them away, or just giving them to a thrift store.
It struck me that I probably wasn't the only TG that had bought things with out trying them on, just to find when you get home with them that they don't fit or flatter you. That's when I started to think that it sure would be neat if there was a way for us to get together and swap and trade things.

Toward that end, I've started a cheesy little forum called "TG Closet (http://tgcloset.proboards.com)" where I hope maybe we can do just that. You post pics and descriptions of what you have and if anyone is interested in trading or buying, they post the pics and descriptions of what they want to trade. It's not a perfect system, but I Think it might work.
This is not going to be like Ebay, where you buy and sell through Ebay. This is simply intended as a place to bring two people together, what ever deals you make are between the two of you, and the forum will sure as hell not make any guarantees, so enter at own risk!
Being a free forum, it does not have the bells and whistles of our our favorite forum here, so it does take a little more effort to post pics there. You have to upload the pics somewhere else on the internet and then paste that images URL into the post. I know some folks are not real good with this sort of thing, so I've created detailed instructions on how to do it in the "How it worky" section. IF the idea takes off and becomes popular, I may go through the expense and hassle of setting up a server, forum, and IP that allows for uploading pics directly to the forum as does Crossdressers.com.
So! Feel free to take a look. Join if your interested. By all means offer your suggestions and requests, and if you have any trouble at all, please let me know and I'll try to help.

OH, and just in case there is any confusion on the matter, the TG Closet forum (http://tgcloset.proboards.com) and Crossdressers.com forum are not related in anyway, so don't go raising hell with Crossdressers.com if you have problems. Their involvement was simply the kindness of letting me tell you about it.

Miranda09
07-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Cool idea Kimeberly. I'll be checking this closet for goodies!! :)

Aubrey Green
07-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you need to add closet space Kimberly. I think you need to take a spare bedroom and turn the whole room into a closet!!

:daydreaming:

kay_jessica
08-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Excellent idea...Do you take £'s

Even better idea, when you get organise sort out a UK franchise!

Hugs

Kay

TxKimberly
08-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Excellent idea...Do you take £'s

Even better idea, when you get organise sort out a UK franchise!

Hugs

Kay

Kay,

I don't take anything at all - it costs nothing. The whole idea is just to give people interested in trading or selling clothing they don't want to someone else in the same boat. So you can work out any kind of deal you like with someone if your interested in something they've posted about. My first thought was just trading, but I imagine that wont always be feasible.
My next thought was that if someone wanted to buy something outright, you could both use Paypal.
In either case, the one running the forum (me) isn't making single dime off the enterprise.
Now - IF the idea takes off, I may foot the bill to buy a server, the software for operating a forum, and an IP and then charge a small fee to join to pay for that, but I wouldn't hold your breath while you wait!

vikki2020
08-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Great idea Kim! I have a feeling that this is going to be a very popular site--Thanks!:thumbsup:

skirtsuit
08-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Looks good, but what about a section for us suit nuts?

All the Best,
Skirt Suit / Ann

TxKimberly
08-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Looks good, but what about a section for us suit nuts?

All the Best,
Skirt Suit / Ann

DUH! <Smacks self on the head!>
I'm on it - probably by the time you read this I'll have that set up!

skirtsuit
08-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Kimberly,
Thanks again, it a great idea. I have been thinking alot lately about doing more 'horse trading' with suits and dresses, so maybe it's time to get started!

All the Best,
SS / Ann

stephaniesacd
08-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I'll certainly be checking out the site! :)

Lidia_tv
08-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Just registered myself

Deborah Jane
08-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Brilliant idea Kimberley, i reckon it'll really take off :)

Rachel Morley
08-01-2009, 03:18 PM
It's a great idea! We do something similar to this at our TG group the River City Gems (http://rivercitygems.org/facets_June_09.pdf). In fact, it's an annual event, we call ours a "Fashion Exchange (http://rivercitygems.org/facets_June_09.pdf)". This seems better though because it's on a bigger scale and therefore there's gonna be a better selection of clothes :)

TxKimberly
08-01-2009, 04:00 PM
It's a great idea! We do something similar to this at our TG group the River City Gems (http://rivercitygems.org/facets_June_09.pdf). In fact, it's an annual event, we call ours a "Fashion Exchange (http://rivercitygems.org/facets_June_09.pdf)". This seems better though because it's on a bigger scale and therefore there's gonna be a better selection of clothes :)

Yeah, every so often the folks in Austin (TENT) throw a get together along those lines where people bring things to sell, donate, or exchange. I've never gone - I wonder why not?! lol

TSchapes
08-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I need to go through my stuff too. I've got things like you that I just haven't worn and probably won't. I've got shoes and boots that be gotten rid of too! Hope I can get my pictures together first...

Great idea Kim!

Love, Tracy :hugs:

BethCD
08-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Kimberley, What an awesome idea! I'm your newest member!
Thanks, Beth

Veronica 1
08-01-2009, 05:51 PM
What a wonderful idea.

Wen4cd
08-01-2009, 05:52 PM
I find it a bit ironic that the proboards reg. page makes you choose a gender to register. :D

TGMarla
08-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm in! :D

Stephanie-L
08-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Kimberly, as usual your scored a great one here. I hope to see some great things in the closet, and probably will post a few......Stephanie

MarcellaMcNul
08-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm in too:thumbsup:

rachel_rachel
08-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I've just registered myself.. aussierachel.

If i'm not too lazy, i'll be putting a few things on soon!