PDA

View Full Version : Misc. Hormone questions, your experiences?

TerryTerri
08-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Hey Everyone,
Sorry I'm on so infrequent. Long story. Anyway, I've been on a mone regime for about 5 months now. Gonna have my next check-up on the 10th of August. Anyway, just curious about a couple of things.

First off, my testosterone level is definietly at female levels. I'm curious if anyone knows how long you have to be on a regime before it permanently drops your testosterone levels significantly? If ever?
Also, a certain appendage, which I wish were an inny instead of an outty anyway, has shrunk. If I stopped mones, would it grow back to it's former size? grow back some but not as large as original? or not grow larger at all? Also, along those lines, it is uncomfortable to get an erection now. Is that normal for others too?

I should ask my doc. And, if I remember I will. I just forgot to ask the last time. It was my first check-up after starting mones and I was so excited to see how my lab work had came out. Unsure if we can say on the forum, moderators please feel free to remove these results if they are not in the rules to post. Anyway, my T level was 24 and my E level was 174. Everything else looked good and healthy and my doc is happy with how things are progressing. I really really enjoy the effects that hormones are having on me. Not just the physical, but also the emotional and mental. I'm not thinking the same way I did and definitely my feelings have shifted around some. Although I have seldom been an overemotional person, I have almost always had more feminie emotions anyway. My wife confirmed that observation with me when we were discussing this stuff one day. She knew I wasn't a 'normal' neanderthal kinda guy. She didn't reconginze the female connection until after I dumped all this on her and she had a chance to digest it all. However, in retrospect she said it makes much sense to her about why I react and think about things the way I do. I'm just a girl inside.
Did I say I have a tendency to verbosely ramble and it's worse since I started my meds?

Thanks all, having a lovely day in paradise!!

Jessinthesprings
08-01-2009, 03:39 AM
Has your wife expressed concerns about the function of said "outty"? I personally couldn't care less if it works or not, however my wife does... So because of that it's an issue.

noeleena
08-02-2009, 03:49 AM
Hi... Did you have a blood test before you started h r t . what was it . it would have been around nmol 33 mine was 31. female is about nmol 1 .25 give or take . mine has been 1.8 nmol . its now about . nmol 1.25. i have my tests each year so will be this week . It.ll depend on what dose you take & what kind .of med.s
i. v been on h r t for 5 years now .premarin . as i.m allmost 62 i was on a lower dose .. most of my changes were over 2 1 / 2 years . plus i.v had s r s . & b a .
let us know how you are going on that .
...noeleena...

Rayne1
08-08-2009, 12:06 AM
The stats say that after about 6 months there is no reversal on the testosterone levels. Once you have made the decision to transition seen a gender friendly therapist and started hormones and been on them for several months the changes usually are permanent. That is why you see the therapist first before starting hormone therapy if you have any doubts as to whether you are a cross dresser or a transsexual.

noeleena
08-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Hi.. Rayne
Thats a interesting detail .From stats . how do they conclude that . your t. does start to drop . & that can be over 2 years or more & if you have been on a massive take then yes your level will be down . what are they baseing that on . as each person is different . for me i was nmol 31 aprox down to nmol 0.9 at 2 1 / 2 years . it was a steady drop . then changed when i was of 2 times of 5 & 11 weeks . as it started to go back up .
that part you said once you start its permanant . in what way .
h r t can & is reversed for some . concerning breasts you go off h r t then you lose your breasts . in the sense of going down in size even to being flat . i know if i went off female h r t i would lose a lot of other detail as well . i know what would happen . so could you tell us more please i.m intersted .
i all so know of others who went off female h r t whos t started going back up . mine did . i check my details so i do know . that was after a year & 3 years .
...noeleena...

kalina
08-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Hey Everyone,
Sorry I'm on so infrequent. Long story. Anyway, I've been on a mone regime for about 5 months now. Gonna have my next check-up on the 10th of August. Anyway, just curious about a couple of things.

First off, my testosterone level is definietly at female levels. I'm curious if anyone knows how long you have to be on a regime before it permanently drops your testosterone levels significantly? If ever?
Also, a certain appendage, which I wish were an inny instead of an outty anyway, has shrunk. If I stopped mones, would it grow back to it's former size? grow back some but not as large as original? or not grow larger at all? Also, along those lines, it is uncomfortable to get an erection now. Is that normal for others too?

I should ask my doc. And, if I remember I will. I just forgot to ask the last time. It was my first check-up after starting mones and I was so excited to see how my lab work had came out. Unsure if we can say on the forum, moderators please feel free to remove these results if they are not in the rules to post. Anyway, my T level was 24 and my E level was 174. Everything else looked good and healthy and my doc is happy with how things are progressing. I really really enjoy the effects that hormones are having on me. Not just the physical, but also the emotional and mental. I'm not thinking the same way I did and definitely my feelings have shifted around some. Although I have seldom been an overemotional person, I have almost always had more feminie emotions anyway. My wife confirmed that observation with me when we were discussing this stuff one day. She knew I wasn't a 'normal' neanderthal kinda guy. She didn't reconginze the female connection until after I dumped all this on her and she had a chance to digest it all. However, in retrospect she said it makes much sense to her about why I react and think about things the way I do. I'm just a girl inside.
Did I say I have a tendency to verbosely ramble and it's worse since I started my meds?

Thanks all, having a lovely day in paradise!!

I've been on hormones since April 2003. I was able to conceive my first child in December of 2003 probably because it was so early in the hormone regimen. I stopped hormones from July 2008 to January 2009 and was able to conceive my second child sometime late November. Yes, things go back to normal after a while. When you're on hormones, it appears that things shrink, but it's more because of non-use and lack of the ability to get excited. At its worst (or best, depending on how you look at it), the penis ends up being not much more than something to urinate with, but this point takes years to get to. However, the reverse won't take as long as I had thought. It took from July to November to reach my former levels of excitability and everything measured the same as before I was on hormones.

Now, your mileage may vary. I'm 41 with a slender, athletic physique. I had stage II cancer when I was 29 and the doctors told me I should put my sperm in a sperm bank in case I decide to get radiation treatment, which would render me sterile. At the time, they tested my sperm to be off-the-charts motile. They called it "super sperm." That perhaps accounted for my hypersexuality at the time. Hormones, as a side effect, really calmed all of that so I could be normal in many, many ways. :)

Sophie_Serendipity
08-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I'd just like to know if anyone here is in Australia, and if so, how does the system work for getting access to hormones. I have been seeing a gender counselor at uni, but I'm not sure if that is enough to get hormones from a doctor.