PDA

View Full Version : letters to work place

Nicole_P
08-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi Everyone-

As some of you may know, I am transitioning as a teacher in a high school this fall. I met with the principal and HR yesterday, and they are very supportive, but I need sample letters of coming out to coworkers and such. That was my assignment, to help the school district draft a letter to the parents/staff/students. I know there are some great letters that have appeared here in the past, is there an easy way to find them? Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Hugs-
Nicole

CharleneT
08-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Try a search on this forum with "sample letter" or "carry letter" and you should get a fair number of threads to look at. Also, check out Susi Harrison's (sp) threads. I know she recently posted some to co-workers that were great ;)

Charlene

Nicole_P
08-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks Charlene!

SherriePall
08-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Nicole -- No suggestions, just want to say good luck on this step of your life's journey. Keep in touch.

Nicole_P
08-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks Sherrie~ will do! I've started a blog if you're interested:
http://nicole-kintz.livejournal.com
It's a way to keep people informed of my journey~

Nicole

Holly
08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
You might try looking here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105320).

Nicole_P
08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks Holly! :)

Nicole Erin
08-03-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't really know much about this but wouldn't it be harder to work in a school system being TS? Passable or not, wouldn't the admin and students give a TS teacher a hard time?

With HS kids it is obvious why they would.
With admin - I once was friends with a couple different CD who were teachers and both said they would lose their jobs if it got out. I know they were CD and not TS but anyways the general public doesn't really know the difference between CD TS DQ etc.
They both were living and teaching in Colorado.

I hope your transition goes well. I am not saying these things to sound discouraging, was just curious about the logistics of being TS asnd a HS teacher.