PDA

View Full Version : A Step Forward

DLCarter
08-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Last week I got all dressed up and went in a store for the first time. It felt weird but the salespeople seemed to pay no particular attemtion to me. Then I sat on a bench in front of Target and the same thing happened. I am slowly getting more daring and want to do this again. Have others had a similar experience?

Sheila
08-03-2009, 08:42 AM
congratulations on your first time out, glad it went well for you :)

StacyCD
08-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Most of us would love it if no one paid any particular attention to us. I think we're more afraid of too much attention. Just go out and do the things you like to do like going to a movie or out to eat and of course there's always shopping! Have fun!

victoriamwilliams1
08-03-2009, 09:05 AM
The more you go out and act as if you belong with confidence with who you are. I am near 7ft tall and I get quick OMG she's tall looks and in one store the employee calls me the tall woman! I figured out a while back that a few people think I am a GG or they are testing my reaction when they ask about my "husband" which is when I tell them he like me in heels and I act happy. It is times like that when their looks are priceless:)

Denise01
08-03-2009, 06:47 PM
The more that you go out the more comfortable and confident you will be.

Just this past month I am now out full time, and it feels so good.

I have had more than one GG mention my husband, and i make some passing commment, that he is at home, or in the instance where i was going on a trip they aske if he was going along, or was it a girls only trip.

Naturally the answer was girls only trip.

Slow and steady wins the race, and good luck on your outings.

Denise

:):):):):)

sissystephanie
08-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Last week I got all dressed up and went in a store for the first time. It felt weird but the salespeople seemed to pay no particular attemtion to me. Then I sat on a bench in front of Target and the same thing happened. I am slowly getting more daring and want to do this again. Have others had a similar experience?

DL, I go out all the time dressed, almost every day. The major difference between me and most other CD's who go out in public is that I do it as a guy in a skirt! Fully dressed, but no wig and no makeup. I live in a major metropolitan area, and hardly anybody pays attention to me. Sometimes I do get "double takes" and stares, but that is rare. Usually I just get smiles, like they thinking "He sure looks comfortable wearing that pretty skirt and tight top!" And you know what, I am comfortable doing it! Because I am a Crossdresser and proud of it!!

:hugs::hugs:

gennee
08-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Many, many times. Now t's natural to me (and loving it).

Gennee
:battingeyelashes: