PDA

View Full Version : What if...

CindyLouWho
08-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't know if anybody has ever proposed this, so forgive me if it is redundant.

What if we lived in bizzarro world? A world where normal dress for men is dresses, skirts, blouses, sexy undies and shoes and normal dress for women is pants, shirts, ties, tightie whities and black oxfords. Would you still cross dress?

p.s.,

I want to emphasize that everything . . . everything would be exactly as it is in the real world except for the way males and females are expected to dress from birth.

Jessica Who
08-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes. It's about appreciating the fluidity of my gender expression. :D

sissystephanie
08-03-2009, 10:17 PM
No, because in your scenario I would have to go back to suits to Crossdress! I like to wear clothing that is made specifically for the female body in the world as we know it!!! As a GM, that is crossdressing! If dresses, skirts, blouses, and panties were normal attire for men, wearing them would not be Crossdressing. But wearing a suit, shirt and tie would be! Why do you think I crossdress now? To get away from wearing a suit, etc.! Think about it!!:doh:

Sarah-RT
08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
probably not, I CD to look like a girl or feel like a girl, if those clothes were deemed male, I would have no interest..

picone07
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
That would be my heaven!

Cheshire Gummi
08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I'd be comfortable in that scenario, as I'm sure all our sisters would, but I'd still defend those that felt their dress and "role" was not aligned with their feelings.

Imagine, though. What would happen to the New York Dolls, possibly the greatest band ever?

Would they become the New York Action Figures? I don't think I cope with that.

Sarah Doepner
08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
I Probably would crossdress because I want to identify with femininity. In the bizarro world you propose that would mean suits and ties would be a link to the feminine.

Farrah
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
I would have to say NO!! This means that I can wear a dress or skirt everyday. I'm getting excited just fantasizing about it!!

CD Susan
08-04-2009, 04:41 AM
I would say no! Those kinds of clothes would not appeal to me even if they were considered feminine.

Frédérique
08-04-2009, 05:54 AM
What if we lived in bizzarro world? A world where normal dress for men is dresses, skirts, blouses, sexy undies and shoes and normal dress for women is pants, shirts, ties, tightie whities and black oxfords. Would you still cross dress?

Your theory is we might dress in the clothes of the other gender, in this bizzarro world, regardless? In other words, it’s just about the clothes? If the males, in their feminine attire, were just like they are in this world, and if the females (in their male clothes) retained the female attributes that I admire, then I would probably crossdress over to their side (skipping all the way, I imagine). But, if the males were wearing these clothes because they genuinely reflected the femininity inside themselves, I would stand firm (pardon the pun) and enjoy myself. The females, in their male trappings, could dominate me all they want, thank you…

Kate Simmons
08-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Would do opposite of what is considered "normal". According to the by-laws: "It am big crime to do anything normal on Bizarro World.":)

Barbara918
08-04-2009, 06:55 AM
No. One of the fun elements of CDing is that I'm doing something I'm "not supposed to do".

Marisa_M
08-04-2009, 06:59 AM
I don't know if anybody has ever proposed this, so forgive me if it is redundant.

That was a very good question and made me think before answering :heehee:

I would still cross dress because I am on the womens side. But I hate pants, shirts, ties, tightie whities and black oxfords!!!:Angry3:

amandag
08-04-2009, 07:17 AM
I would crossdress to be womanly, even though a woman now would be in attire that would cover up their curvy figure.

Amanda

meri
08-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Actually, I enjoy some men's clothing and of course, some of women's clothing. I would still crossdress, but it would be when I donned my blazer instead of my blouse!

What I would really like is a world where men have the same sartorial freedom that women have. Women are rarely accused of crossdressing. For instance, at the gas station yesterday afternoon, a "person" approached wearing jeans and a baggy, dark blue T-shirt. Also, a fairly short hair style. This person was somewhat overweight, but not obese (made it difficult to determine physical anatomy). I had to do several double takes on them, finally decided it was a female because of the hairstyle!

Any guy dressed in a rig like this would be easily accepted as a guy, however, if this were considered "normal" female dress, then any guy appearing this way would, under the current climate, be considered a crossdresser and probably gay.

It is annoying, but it's the current reality.

Veronica Nowakowski
08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I probably would, for the whole balance thing. I've never felt a particular urge to wear a male piece of clothing though, so I can't say for sure.

TGMarla
08-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Well, then it wouldn't be crossdressing. But I think I'd fit nicely into the role of the submissive partner in the marriage....at least part of the time.

So let me get this straight....the girls would be wearing the suits and ties and the guys would be wearing the dresses and heels? Hmmm......

Do we also get the nice hair and the jewelry and stuff? Shave our legs? Under her Armani suit, I'd still want her to shave hers (mental programming). But I'd enjoy the dresses and stuff. I think I'd still like boobs.

Veronica Nowakowski
08-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey, that all was common practice in Egypt for men, wasn't it?

TJ Tresa
08-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Well let me see, GG's in our current world wear pants and and shirt most commonly known as male clotheing and it is acceptable, and Us GM's crossdress to do the same thing. Now if the world was suddenly changed and women were supposed to wear the pants, etc.. and men were supposed to wear the dressed and skirts, etc.. Then I would have to say that women would start crossdressing and it would be accept able because it is for them now, (for the most part.) Under these circumstances I don't know if I would or not - you see the thing is I dress 1) for the feel of the clothes, 2) I feel closer to women when I'm dressed, 3) etc....

JoAnne Wheeler
08-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Since I am a born crossdresser, I probably would want to wear whatever the GGs wear
JoAnne Wheeler

Christina Horton
08-05-2009, 11:24 AM
:D You need to clarify this for me ,:doh: Ok the women are dressed in what we think of as male clothes right, Do the women act like men.Or do the still act like women, ya know ,do they watch sport and yell at the TV cuz of some dumb call, do the play the pull my finger bit,:eek: do they have the "traditional" Job of bring home the bacon, On a date sit-rap do they ask out the "guy" out and buy him flowers:love: and candy, pay for the date, etc. Are they the mechanics, high biss COs, run the world, you see where I am going. Do the men of this world have the job of giving birth:devil:, raising the kids breast feeding, having a fem-figure:daydreaming:,etc. I think you got the point. If the world was like that , I think most of us "if":straightface: our minds did not change into the other worlds "Norm" Most of us would not CD cuz we would already be there. If that world existed I would not CD cuz it would all be right there at my feet. Now if I lived in this world I was truly a part of that world and was born a CD there I would prob, CD as the women there cuz my gender ID:sad: would be just the opposite of the hear and now. Though it probable not be as fun.:Angry3:

But that's how I see it. Good thread though:thumbsup:. Just not enough info for me to decided.:tongueout

CindyLouWho
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Christina

The only thing that changes is the clothes.

Cindy

Lidia_tv
08-05-2009, 11:44 AM
In such a world I would just wear whatever I felt best in.

Ras
08-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I would still dress...but if the "norm" was for men to be waring ladies clothes...then it would not be cross dressing any more. I still enjoy the look n feel of silk, satin n lace

Phoebe Reece
08-05-2009, 10:43 PM
There is a fiction book entitled "Regiment Of Women" by Thomas Berger in which in the year 2047 it is indeed the norm for men to be wearing pantyhose and dresses and for women to be wearing suits and ties. It is not as pleasant a scenario as you might think, as the women run everything and are oppressing the men. It was written in 1973 as the women's liberation movement was gaining some steam, and it is a kind of turnabout look at society. It's a fascinating book though.

Kate Lynn
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
If our society wasn't so ignorant and biggoted,I'd wear skirts out all the time,and maybe a sun dress,but in the state I live in,it can get dangerous,especially when one is no longer passable.

dawnmarrie1961
08-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Bizarro world? We're talking "gone completely insane" here!!! Men don't look good in dresses they haven't got the shape or curves for it. As for the sexy undies? Arrg! They were sexy til he put them on his hairy ass! Ok then we must we talking about a world where the idea of external beauty has done a flip flop in to the surreal! Women already wear pants, shirts, ties, and really enhance the look of tightie whities, so no problem there. But we are talking about the bizarro world. If you think we're confused now we are going to be doubly confused in this world. Since this crossdressing is a type of behavior I can see myself inevitably discarding the dress and opting for the suit and tie crowd. My behavior has never been entirely because of the clothes it's all about wanting to "feel" normal. Even in this "bizarro world" I would still want to be me.

Be safe. Be smart.

Dawn Marrie

Stefanie_Adams
08-06-2009, 10:55 AM
I am completely and utter female. I just need to get rid of the social conditioning I have endured over the years.
I would most assuredly identify with the feminine

terry29
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
No,... skirts, stockings and heels are what feels good. If was acceptable to wear them in everyday life I'd be in heaven!

MichelleP
08-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Clothes don't make a woman... or a man. BUT they can make you feel and/or appear more like one or the other.

Michelle

Samantha43
08-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd wear skirts, panties, heels and makeup all the time. That wouldn't be considered crossdressing in bizzarro world , so my answer is no.

Now my wife dressing in pants, shirts, ties and oxfords...that wouldn't work for me. She would be the crossdresser! :heehee:

Jaclyn NM
08-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I would still wear skirts, dresses, stockings and heels, because I just love to wear them, and I love the look, but in this bizarro world, I guess it wouldn't be considered crossdressing, would it. I'd be "normal", what a thought!

RachelZ
08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I'd still be a freak. That's just who I am. I would have a secret closet that would be filled with all kinds of macho stuff. Suits, baggy cargo shorts, band shirts, etc. and at night when I had some alone time I'd put on a suit and go online and talk to other guy's that liked to secretly wear "girl stuff".:heehee:

StaceyJane
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
My brain hurts just thinking about it.
I wear women's clothes because I wan to feel like a woman so I guess i would be wearing a suit right now in your world.

Jeanna
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM

YES
Jeanna