PDA

View Full Version : Using Femme Name in Drab

SandieAE
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
How many of you use for femme name while in drab mode? I have started using Sandra as my name when booking hair appointments, eye examinations, bra fittings and so on. The SA's usually ask me to repeat my name but once they get the spelling done, there are no problems from then on. I can't dress en femme as I have a full beard and my wife would not like it if I shaved it off so the best I can do is to be Sandra whenever I can. I also wear my heels, bra and earrings while in drab mode and have had no problems at all. It is getting harder every day to revert back to my male name.

How have others handled this type of situation?

Thanks,
Sandie

CharleneT
08-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I go both ways, call me bi-social :)

Really, it depends no who I am with. If it is someone who knows me in both modes pretty well, they almost always call me Charlene. The others call me by my male name **** I will respond to either !

tricia_uktv
08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Its not the same because I do go dressed, but I use and am known bu my femme name at the nail and beauty salons I use. It is quite a shock initially when you are dressed and you are asked your name but I am jnow comfortable with it. Just had my photo takenfor a competition and was asked for my name. Of course I am Tricia and my email is ... Bet I won't win though :(

dawnmarrie1961
08-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Sandie,

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself."

From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594

What does it mean?
What matters is what something is, not what it is called..

Be safe. Be smart.

JoAnne Wheeler
08-05-2009, 07:26 AM
I don't know whether this counts or not, but sometimes when I am in drab, I forget and sign my name as JoAnne Wheeler instead of my male name.

JoAnne Wheeler

MichelleP
08-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Fortunately, my given name is a femme name and my nickname Michelle was given to me by my brother. So I use either my given name or Michelle whenever I make appointments etc. I also use those phone calls as opportunities to practice my femme voice too. If I can get a "Ma'am" without having said my name yet - I'm in heaven!

Michelle